PDA

View Full Version : What are people using for fuel pressure gauges???

1966 dart wagon
11-29-2009, 11:31 AM
I was looking into installing a permanent fuel pressure gauge, Ive seen the real fancy ones mounted on the strut tower...next to map sensor, and was wondering what people are using to. I was under the impression that they are made to accept fittings not just put a piece of hose over the factory metal lines.

Also is anyone running gauges so they can read them while driving. Id like to perhaps get one for inside the car but gosh they are expensive, i know JT is running one on the hood of his car i believe, but dont want that much flash :lol:

Thanks for the input,
Jack

BadAssPerformance
11-29-2009, 11:51 AM
LOL, yeah, kinda old school on the hood... but when I put it there 14 years ago I wanted to see it and didnt want gas in the car... and the only fuel pressure isolators Autometer sold at the time (for mechanical gauges) were uber expensive... and IIR they were discontinued.

Autometer and others have electric gauges with sending units so you can have the gauge in the car safely... kinda pricy tho.

Any mechanical pressure gauge is going to have a fitting on it, typically 1/8" NPT, not a hose barb. Not the easiest to plumb into a stock fuel system.

For diagnostic it is easiest to use a test fuel gauge on the schrader valve on the fuel rail.

So there are a few options...