PDA

View Full Version : Thanx Cindy!

22shelby
11-20-2009, 07:29 PM
hey Cindy its Jaren, just want to say thanks for the over the phone tech support. dialed the fuel down a bit and she seems to start better and get off the stop sign a bit better. im heading up to "the Grove" sat. w/ JT, gonna slap a set of slicks, and go for broke.... we'll see what happens ill let u know how she does, or if i have a list of broken parts... either way ill let u know

chio

glhs727
11-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Good Luck!!!

22shelby
11-22-2009, 03:45 PM
ok yeah bumped the fuel down to 45 psi static wow what a diff!!!! 11.1 all day long it did start fatting up by the end of the day but i think that was cause of the cooler air. and later on the car started running a bit better.....

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44543
heres a vid of the day....

13.2@103..........not to bad on a stock bottomend 2.5 w/ 160k on it and a stock auto, w/ a hole drilled, missing a ball, and 2 turns up in line pressure. a set of slicks and a BA turbo:thumb: i just need to figure out a better brake system last run, 15 psi on the line, 3000 RPM brakes couldnt hold on the line, hmmmmm trans brake mabye?:nod:

glhs727
11-22-2009, 05:58 PM
13.2's are great for an auto daytona! keep up the good work!

22shelby
11-23-2009, 03:07 PM
as it sits i know ive got 12's in her she was only boosting at 22 PSI at 11.0-10.8 from launch to traps. 25-27 psi i should be 12's

BadAssPerformance
11-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Amazing what slicks will do for a FWD car!

JamesL
11-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Amazing what slicks will do for a FWD car! Yea, that and a good tune.

BadAssPerformance
11-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Yea, that and a good tune.

After watching him run and the black cloud following him down the track, I'm not sure the tune is there yet. I am confident that we could get a 12 out of it with the parts on it (maybe not the trans :o) but with a tad more tinkering :thumb:

JamesL
11-23-2009, 06:29 PM
It does have a few miles on it so a little fat is safe. It sounds like a tad less fuel pressure and he's at 11.5.

BadAssPerformance
11-23-2009, 06:37 PM
It does have a few miles on it so a little fat is safe. It sounds like a tad less fuel pressure and he's at 11.5.

Interesting, learn something new every day... I've never heard that higher mileage (possibly lower compression) engines need more fuel.

Yep, 11.5:1 would be good :thumb:

lower fuel pressure.. or more boost :eyebrows:

JamesL
11-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Interesting, learn something new every day... I've never heard that higher mileage (possibly lower compression) engines need more fuel.

Yep, 11.5:1 would be good :thumb:

lower fuel pressure.. or more boost :eyebrows:

I'm not sure what pistons are in it....never mind..."stock bottomend 2.5 w/ 160k". It sounds like it's really being pushed. I'm not saying higher mileage cars need more fuel :p, I'm saying its best to err on the safe side and work our way to the optimal range with all factiors considered. Every car is a little different.

BadAssPerformance
11-23-2009, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure what pistons are in it....never mind..."stock bottomend 2.5 w/ 160k". It sounds like it's really being pushed. I'm not saying higher mileage cars need more fuel :p, I'm saying its best to err on the safe side and work our way to the optimal range with all factiors considered. Every car is a little different.

My bad, it sounded wierd the way you called out the higher miles as a reason for more fuel... I guess the way I see it, it is always best to be on the safe side regardless of miles :thumb:

And running sub 11:1 on a worn engine... I vote Jaren changes his oil :nod:

JamesL
11-23-2009, 07:00 PM
+1 for frequent oil changes. 3K miles is a good rule of thumb for anyone. Some people change their oil after every race program.

BadAssPerformance
11-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Its easy to see gas in oil if one knows what they're looking for... still that clean gold look with a black sooty substabnce in it :( I know, I've seen it many times :o

22shelby
11-23-2009, 08:59 PM
ahhh yes i do need to check out the oil she go a few passes on it. at the begining of the season i was very timid in how this motor ran. on a SBE 2.5 i was leary of what it can handle, but just thru pass after pass... change this change that.... i think.. lat weekend after the FR change it may or may have had effect on FP. the fact that there was a small leak under higher pressuer w/ the old rail and the new rail sealed up.... silly me never checked pressure from run to run... JT had the tires on lock down, which if i forgot to mention Thanx!!!

kept timing set at 14* w/ ears wide open the whole run, no changre in sound at all, and as it got cooler it did start fatting up... but more power was made...

next season ive decided to run this same set up and get the WOT rich ness under control

to everyone at FWD u guys rock! JT u know i couldnt do it w/o u soo i like my combo here... w/ this i know i can get where i want.

P.S. my trans F'n ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! stock trans racing FTW!!!!!

BadAssPerformance
11-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Doh! Didnt think to check the FP, but you didnt adjust the regulator when we swapped the rail, right? Should be the same... check it now to be sure tho :thumb:

...and glad the gym shoes helped :thumb:

22shelby
11-23-2009, 09:21 PM
i m will to bet its a bit highr just cause of no leakage. and i drove it around sunday and today and still GTG and it street action is on the lne of sketchy

ima check it out tomorrow:nod:

BadAssPerformance
11-23-2009, 09:29 PM
LMK, I dont think it was leaking that bad to change pressure

22shelby
11-23-2009, 09:36 PM
i think ur right most likely temp change, or more suiting Atmo/baro,we started out the day just about 29.84-+, at 7:00 it was around it was around 30.88 or zip ties;)