PDA

View Full Version : sherman auto body parts

135sohc
11-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Sherman Co (http://www.shermanparts.com/) lists front & rear bumper covers for P bodies. Does anyone here who works in the auto body repair field have any insight as to the quality of the stuff they sell ? Is it ok or something to avoid ? I'm looking at getting at the very least a front bumper cover as mine is damaged and finding a good one in the yards is very hard and they want a fortune for one :mad:

Force Fed Mopar
11-21-2009, 01:06 AM
IIRC they sell good stuff.

Turbo_Rampage
11-21-2009, 04:33 AM
Yeah there parts are decent... There is a huge "Cross Canada" here. In my personal opinion a factory bumper would be best... the one problem with there bumpers (especially if there from old stock) is that they have poor paint adhesion to the bumpers. It has to do with the mold process and you'll never keep paint on the bumper. A factory one will fit much nicer then a Taiwan made one, :thumb:

If you decide to use these bumpers i would call and ask if they are the textured "base model" ones, if so then you can't paint them anyways. What year is your Shadow? ES?

135sohc
11-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Its a base model car with the black front & rear bumpers.

raccoon
11-21-2009, 01:49 PM
ah the i can hit things and not mark up my car bumpers.

shelbyconcepts
12-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Sherman Co (http://www.shermanparts.com/) lists front & rear bumper covers for P bodies. Does anyone here who works in the auto body repair field have any insight as to the quality of the stuff they sell ? Is it ok or something to avoid ? I'm looking at getting at the very least a front bumper cover as mine is damaged and finding a good one in the yards is very hard and they want a fortune for one :mad:

135sohc,

I live down the street from them... I bought a pair for my CSX-T... Their pretty good on those bumpers but there sheetmetal is iffy... What are you trying to do?

Tim

135sohc
12-04-2009, 05:12 PM
New bumpers for the Shadow. I'll stay with OEM Mopar sheet metal if I need it.

I assume its all made in china/taiwan quality grade stuff ?

shelbyconcepts
12-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Made by Tong Yang Group in America!

Part # DG04001BC
# DG04005BC

FYI, I also have the dimensions on where to drill the holes for the Shelby Ground effects....

The sheet metal is Japanese... Stick with the Mopar stuff if you can still get it...