PDA

View Full Version : General: Few things I need to finish the mini...

ShelGame
11-14-2009, 09:03 PM
There are a couple of things I need to finish my minivan...

1) The 'eyebrow' over the license plate. For some reason, it's gone. The bracket is there, but no eyebrow.

2) Parking brake cable (since I broke it today).

3) Lower center console cup holder door. The latch mechanism is broken on mine and it's always open. This is the door with the 2 cup holders and the coin holders.

4) The little link that goes from the motor to the pop-out window on the drivers side.

5) Finally, I still would like a correct set of 2nd and 3rd row seats. I have a single 3rd row seat now from a '91 Caravan. It's at least maroon as well, but the pattern doesn't match. Pus, I'd like to have both the 2nd and 3rd rows. Obviously, this one needs to be local. Craigslist hasn't been much help lately on these...

If you have any of this, shoot me a price.

Mario
11-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Steve's Auto Parts in Midland has a third row seat. Not sure of the color. 1-989-631-7335

Parking brake cable.....rockauto.com has them last time I checked. I'm sure you want a new one, not a used one, correct?

rare_ram
11-14-2009, 11:55 PM
1) The trim piece is potmetal. Very often breaks away from the steel mount. I'm going to the JY tomorrow and I'll look for one.

3)Every one I ever saw was broken. I wound up trying to fix mine. The problem is that the handle has small pins on the end that break. I tried to replace them by gluing a drill bit to the handle but it threw off the geomitry, so it still doesn't work right.

A.J.
11-15-2009, 01:13 AM
Rob, The "eyebrow" has broken on my g/f's Mom's van and on mine. If you can't find a good one I'll take pictures of my "fix." I think it looks pretty good.

The piece the holds the cup holder lid closed is broken on most vans. If you can find one, you basically have to take apart the entire center console to put that piece in and it's just going to break on you again. I'll take pictures of what I do for mine.

A.J.

ShelGame
11-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Steve's Auto Parts in Midland has a third row seat. Not sure of the color. 1-989-631-7335

Parking brake cable.....rockauto.com has them last time I checked. I'm sure you want a new one, not a used one, correct?

I didn't realize you could still get them new. I'll check it out.

ShelGame
11-15-2009, 08:05 AM
Rob, The "eyebrow" has broken on my g/f's Mom's van and on mine. If you can't find a good one I'll take pictures of my "fix." I think it looks pretty good.

The piece the holds the cup holder lid closed is broken on most vans. If you can find one, you basically have to take apart the entire center console to put that piece in and it's just going to break on you again. I'll take pictures of what I do for mine.

A.J.

That'd be nice, but it won't help me much - I don't even have a piece to repair - it's gone.

A.J.
11-15-2009, 02:47 PM
That'd be nice, but it won't help me much - I don't even have a piece to repair - it's gone.

I understand. But just incase you find a broken one or in the future it breaks off you'll know the fix.

Carriage bolts. There are holes in the bracket on the van. Drill holes in the "eyebrow" to match. You'll need a small file to square up the holes so the square portion of the carriage bolts have something to grab.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/thebest4/DSCF0807.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/thebest4/DSCF0809.jpg

Step one. Remove all the pieces that are broke. All you want left is the piece that slides up to catch and lock the door into position.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/thebest4/DSCF0810.jpg

Step two. Because the door is spring loaded, it pushes against the slider lock. All you do is push on the door to release the tension and the lock slides down.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/thebest4/DSCF0811.jpg

Now the door is open.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/thebest4/DSCF0812.jpg

Step three. Push the door closed then with your finger push the lock back up. The spring tension will hold it closed.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/thebest4/DSCF0813.jpg

Ta-da!
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/thebest4/DSCF0810.jpg

A.J.

rare_ram
11-15-2009, 07:45 PM
I only found 1 1st gen Mini. The door piece was already ghettod like above.

turbo van go
11-15-2009, 08:25 PM
yes that latch on the cup holder door is a pain all j yard donors are broken. im justlooking for the entire lower unit in blue if you come up with one let me know. quick fix, magnetic tape maybe? also i have seen 1g rear seats in red but im in va so thats not going to help you. but if you get desperate.

turbo van go
11-15-2009, 08:27 PM
think i might be able to come up with that rear door eyebrow. give me a few days to look.

rare_ram
11-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Hey Turbo van go. Where you at? What you drivin? etc?

turbo van go
11-15-2009, 09:44 PM
richmond va. 89 plymouth voyager t1 moded 152000mis.

turbo van go
11-15-2009, 09:51 PM
lets talk rr

boostinfreak
11-16-2009, 01:02 AM
There are a couple of things I need to finish my minivan...

1) The 'eyebrow' over the license plate. For some reason, it's gone. The bracket is there, but no eyebrow.

2) Parking brake cable (since I broke it today).

3) Lower center console cup holder door. The latch mechanism is broken on mine and it's always open. This is the door with the 2 cup holders and the coin holders.

4) The little link that goes from the motor to the pop-out window on the drivers side.

5) Finally, I still would like a correct set of 2nd and 3rd row seats. I have a single 3rd row seat now from a '91 Caravan. It's at least maroon as well, but the pattern doesn't match. Pus, I'd like to have both the 2nd and 3rd rows. Obviously, this one needs to be local. Craigslist hasn't been much help lately on these...

If you have any of this, shoot me a price.

i might be able to help with the park brake cable.i am getting ready to scrap the remains of my first turbo van(89 caravan), the ebrake worked fine in it.what pieces you need?may be a week or so before i can pull them but let me know.

ShelGame
11-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Actually, I just ordered the e-brake cables from O'Reilly's. My father-in-law gets a very healthy discount. I think I got the set of 3 cable for like $15 (basically, cost +5% :) ).

rdnoel86
11-16-2009, 09:37 AM
I had the pleasure of meeting your father-n-law the other night....Man is that Spirit he drives clean..:hail:...great guy and Dodge enthusiast...:thumb:

Actually, I just ordered the e-brake cables from O'Reilly's. My father-in-law gets a very healthy discount. I think I got the set of 3 cable for like $15 (basically, cost +5% :) ).

turbovanmanČ
11-16-2009, 02:48 PM
What do you still need, I have a good working door and other tidbits, have 2 vans left for parts but no license plate thing.

ShelGame
11-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Still need the eyebrow, a good working console door, and the pop-out link for sure.

ShelGame
11-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Anyone?

Got the cables over the weekend (haven't got them installed yet, though)...

rdnoel86
11-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Saw a Caravan at the local pick and pull today. I didn't get time to heavily inspect it ...no hatch eyebrow.....but it has the red/maroon interior. The drink/cup holder door is off and sitting on the floor between the seats...condition unknown......all the glass is there so I guess it's probable that the links work......

ShelGame
11-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Which one? Might make a trip there this weekend to check it out...

rdnoel86
11-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Miechiels auto.....South National, off Grand River.. get off the exit going to O'Rielly's and head up Grand River towards town. Hang a left (south) on National at the light with the Rite Aid/Mobil/Papa Johns on the corners.
Dead ends into Miechiels.

The yard used to be fairly organized....but its a disaster now....it looks like they are stock piling cars waiting for metal to go up in price. Theres even vehicles with the wheels/tires on them still, I have never seen that before there. When you go in the yard, hang a right towards the Chrysler section and right up close to the entrance it sits, you won't even have to go down the hill. It has the the steelie style wheels that don't use hubcaps...thought about seeing how much they want for those.....

might want to check their holiday schedule before making a trip...they usually close.....

ShelGame
12-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Well, there was a 2nd gen caravan that sold at VOA last Saturday for $200. It had the nice pin stripped maroon interior. Wish I had gone and bought it. The interior alone is worth $200 to me. Oh well, I'll keep looking.

Oh yeah, and I also now need the RH lower engine splash shield - the one that goes under the RH frame rail to protect the belt/pulleys from snow, water, rocks, etc.