PDA

View Full Version : Finally repairing the daytona seat.

Mopar318
11-14-2009, 02:16 AM
After a year or so of it bothering me I finally pulled the passenger seat on my daytona to redo the foam, and fix the upholstery. Upon taking apart the seat I can tell its been apart before, and had some hack repairs done.

A 1/8" piece of cardboard will be getting attached the spring where that crap foam was to stiffing everything up. I thought about going all out and building up some big side bolsters but I think ill just leave alone for now and match it to the other bolster.

More pics later, hopefully I will have time to repair it this week. I gotta find material now, thats the part I hate.

Mopar318
11-18-2009, 12:57 PM
Fixed the foam last night. I should have taken pictures to show everybody the process but that failed.

Basically i cut the real bad stuff out. I took a piece of foam the same density as the seat and spliced it in. Then I took some 1/4" foam and wraped the bolster. Blended in where the foam ends. I used to do these repairs all the time at the old shop and can do them in 20 minutes or so.

86seeS
11-18-2009, 01:09 PM
looks good!

Mopar318
11-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Got it all back together today and in the car. I couldnt find the material I needed to sew in a new piece so I left it as is, I needed to get the seat back because somebody is comming to look at the car tomorrow.

Anyways. You can see how I stiffened up the springs. Just took a piece of thick non stretch cloth and hog ringed it to the cover, and springs. It basically acts as a hammack. The original cover got pretty streched out where the bad foam was before, but I carresed it and the creases should come out over time in the vinyl