PDA

View Full Version : 1984 Rampage Rebuild - Project R'age

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

54inches
11-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Hey guys and gals!

My name is Adam, but I go by 54inches on the net. 54inches is the height of the tires on my Suburban.

Well, I am a diehard Bowtie fan and what's probably worse in you guy's eyes; I love Camaros and have owned three, 68,74,92.

A couple of my buddies that I work FOR ran across the Rampage, that I have nicknamed, the R'age.

It is sort of a build for our team at work and we also want to put it into the Art Car parade.

Here are my goals:

1. Rust repair, very little.
2. Clean, clean, clean.
3. Make it a reliable runner.
4. Make it brake better.
5. Lower it.
6. Install a carb spacer and port everything I can.
7. Get a header.
8. Lighter wheels with a good set of tires.

Anyways, we are going to bring her to the house this weekend, so I will get some pics.

Any help, suggestions and FREE parts are welcome!

Question:(Disclaimer, I have searched.)

1. What exact parts/vehicle and years do I need to upgrade the brakes on the Rampage. I don't think I need 5 lug for any reason.

Thanks for the site!

jaysshelby
11-12-2009, 11:47 PM
you can use the vented rotors, calipers and you will need the caliper brackets from a 4 lug 83-84 Shelby Charger. Thats what I did on mine.

54inches
11-13-2009, 12:03 AM
What about the 89 and up caravan.

I just saw this on another post that someone answered for me.

Which is better?

jaysshelby
11-13-2009, 12:19 AM
mini van brakes are nice, but you will have to go to 5 lug then.

54inches
11-13-2009, 11:11 PM
Oh hell, too many choices and answer.....so I will need the caliper brackets for front AND rear and then I can get the calipers and rotors new from the local stop and rob?

jaysshelby
11-13-2009, 11:36 PM
yes, except the rears are drums. mainly upgrade the fronts to get rid of the tiny solid disc rotor. If interested I many have a set of the caliper brackets I can check tomorrow.

54inches
11-13-2009, 11:43 PM
I know the rears are drums, so my question is do I need caliper bracket for the back too or what?

jaysshelby
11-13-2009, 11:49 PM
no just the fronts.

54inches
11-14-2009, 12:17 AM
What do I need for back discs?

jaysshelby
11-14-2009, 12:35 AM
well your getting into the same thing. rear discs where never made in 4 lug.

54inches
11-14-2009, 12:44 AM
ahhhh.....now we are getting into some sh!t....you are wealth of knowledge...so how good are the rear brakes with the front disc upgrade......I plan on shaving some weight and getting this R'age down pretty slim.....

I guess I better go 5 lug, I guess, damn I didn't wnat ot buy new wheels....

jaysshelby
11-14-2009, 01:23 AM
glad to help. I went thru the same deal when I was doing my Page. now I working on my second one.

Vigo
11-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Did someone say free parts?? Here i am, provider of free parts!

Im parting an 89 shadow ES, keeping most of the good stuff for myself but i will give you the stuff to do a basic 5-lug conversion off it and probably a set of 5lug wheels too if you come and get it. It's in San Antonio.

It would be a basic 10.25"/54mm front disc setup and 200 or 220mm drums in the rear. Might not sound familiar now but you'll recognize all these terms after a while. It's a plain jane brake setup but it'd be a big improverment over what you have and it's 0$ and 5-lug.

I've got a few sets of wheels to choose from, 14 and 15" steelies, 14" alloys, 15" alloys. some free, some i would want money for (very little).

I may have other free stuff you would want, we'll find out when you get here :p

PM me for contact info if interested.

jaysshelby
11-14-2009, 10:39 AM
NOW THATS A DEAL NOT TO PASS ON!!!!!!:clap:

54inches
11-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Wow Vigo! My Texas brotheren really never stop coming to the rescue.

I really appreciate that! Man, I am speechless and you will learn that is hard to do to me. I have had a real hard year and my wife and I are struggling in ways that we never wanted to, so this really means alot.

As afar as wheels go, I would prefer light and free. :) I realize those two preferences might not intersect. :)

I will take whatever you are graciously offering.

Now getting it is another deal. I have friends in San Antonio, so I will see if I can get them to grab the parts and store them until I can pick them up.

Again, thank you so much.

I am in the Hotel business and I work for Hilton, but I have contacts with most of the major players, so let me know if I can ever help you out.

Thanks bud!

JohnnyIroc
11-14-2009, 02:27 PM
sweet you started a progress log
i cant wait to see this thing

Vigo
11-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Now getting it is another deal. I have friends in San Antonio, so I will see if I can get them to grab the parts and store them until I can pick them up.

Well we'll have to coordinate so i get them off before you pick them up :p

I guess ill try and remember to take some pics of the wheels i have and send them to you.

2.216VTurbo
11-15-2009, 12:42 PM

All this time since you started dredging up most of my old Rampage RT posts I just figured you were really short:D Cool thing about pulling up old stuff is there are newer members here that got some inspiration from some of that stuff that was done years ago. Ithink you found 90% of my old builds-I'll vouch for you using the search feature:amen:

I know there are a few guys here that get away with the carb motor but after trying a Weber swap, free flowing exhaust, a MP Intake manifold, custom airbox etc etc, we pretty much gave up on that anemic POS. Maybe his was too warn out or whatever but it was pathetic and got LOUSY mileage (before AND after the Weber swap) My reccomendation would be to NOT waste your energy on it. That black Lebaron GTC that DIDN'T sell for like $300. here would be the perfect donor for a conversion. All the parts/knowhow/tips/ideas can be found here (in the knowledge center) and donor P,P,J,H etc bodies though not as plentiful as they used to be, are still around with a little patience and searching. $100. Craigslist Shadows do exist. Just tell the whiners that gripe about them getting used for a parts donor that it was rusted out. That makes them whine less:p Set the 'Rage up for the long run, drivetrain swap FTW!:eyebrows:

54inches
11-15-2009, 02:47 PM

Well we'll have to coordinate so i get them off before you pick them up :p

I guess ill try and remember to take some pics of the wheels i have and send them to you.

I suppose that first part was you quoting me? :D I just found out my brother from another mother is coming to San Antonio from Houston at Thanksgiving. He will pick up some of the stuff. He has a new GMC Acadia and it can probably hold 2/3 milk crates of parts. The caveat is that they have to be very clean, the crates that is, so I am cleaning up some crates, so it will not sirty up the interior of his ride. Now if I can convince him to take his 4 door 4x4 Chevy, then we are golden, but we will see.:D

All this time since you started dredging up most of my old Rampage RT posts I just figured you were really short:D Cool thing about pulling up old stuff is there are newer members here that got some inspiration from some of that stuff that was done years ago. Ithink you found 90% of my old builds-I'll vouch for you using the search feature:amen:

I know there are a few guys here that get away with the carb motor but after trying a Weber swap, free flowing exhaust, a MP Intake manifold, custom airbox etc etc, we pretty much gave up on that anemic POS. Maybe his was too warn out or whatever but it was pathetic and got LOUSY mileage (before AND after the Weber swap) My reccomendation would be to NOT waste your energy on it. That black Lebaron GTC that DIDN'T sell for like $300. here would be the perfect donor for a conversion. All the parts/knowhow/tips/ideas can be found here (in the knowledge center) and donor P,P,J,H etc bodies though not as plentiful as they used to be, are still around with a little patience and searching. $100. Craigslist Shadows do exist. Just tell the whiners that gripe about them getting used for a parts donor that it was rusted out. That makes them whine less:p Set the 'Rage up for the long run, drivetrain swap FTW!:eyebrows:

Thanks bud! I get the height question all of the time!

Like I have said, I am old hat at these bulletin boards, and I HATE newbs that do not utilize the functions that are available. I make more friends by searching and dredging! :nod::D

I hear ya about adding time and effort to a POS motor. That why I am only going to upgrade the little stuff.

I have always wanted to SCCA and I have an in with a coworker whose husband races, but I am not sure if this is the best platform.

I had a 1992 B4C 1LE FE2 TX DPS Camaro that was a sick ride for cornering.

Now, I really think I am going to just upgrade the intake/Carb and exhaust to make a REALIABLE good mpg ride that we can have a good time with.

The other two MAIN parties that are involved in this build are taling about paint, wheels and a nice interior with a nice stereo system.

WHO knows at this point.

With ALL of that said, we had a setback yesterday. I called the guy who owns the vehicle, so we could pay off the last amount and pick up the vehicle and he won't return the calls or answer his door.

John, thanks for the support brother!!!!! BTW, John is the reason I am here. He pointed me to this great site!

Vigo
11-15-2009, 06:25 PM
I suppose that first part was you quoting me?

Yes for some reason i didnt quote it or it didnt work.. i went back and fixed it.

Actually, i may be going to a car show instead of working next weekend, so in that case i may not have the parts off by thanksgiving.. i will let you know.

If that guy trys to scam you make sure you post his name and address up so we can smear him on the internet :lol:

turbokid
11-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Seems like a cool project.
I say why not add a turbo while you are making the car all nice =)
Show AND Go is always much more fun :thumb:

turbokid
11-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Seems like a cool project.
I say why not add a turbo while you are making the car all nice =)
Show AND Go is always much more fun :thumb:

54inches
11-15-2009, 10:22 PM
The BBC 454 that is going in my Suburban has enough go for me right now. Like I said before, I have other projects that are more important.

If I run across a complete motor and tranny and computer and harness, then maybe, but at this point I have NO idea of what to even look for! lol

Thanks turbokid!

No worries on the guy, he is nobody and just happened to have the vehicle. He knows nothing about nothing!

54inches
11-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Sooooooo, hypothetically speaking if I WAS going to do an engine/tranny swap that would bolt right in, what would be the ultimate/best combo to drop in the rampage?

Mine has the 5 spd manual.

I would prefer to just drop it in, mount the computer and wiring harness. the easier the better. Remember this is a side project.

Thanks!

JohnnyIroc
11-15-2009, 10:37 PM
a t1 out of a same year Shelby charger

54inches
11-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Why?:D

BTW, I really like those rims on your Daytona. Are those stock? What size and the weight if you know.

JohnnyIroc
11-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Why?:D

BTW, I really like those rims on your Daytona. Are those stock? What size and the weight if you know.

same year everything is direct over swap
im not an L body no it all i just know for a daytona that's how it works

and witch daytona :eyebrows:

54inches
11-15-2009, 10:58 PM
Sig, can't really see the avatar's wheels. :)

JohnnyIroc
11-15-2009, 11:55 PM
nope they are factory wheels
there just a little new for the car haah
off of an Neon srt 4
http://view.admission.net/abc/carsads/_CARSADS_4d5183e24f36c195285cab93d31bc4ec/i-1.JPG

johnl
11-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Find a T1 runner, swap in the harness, computer and engine

1984rampage
11-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Actually the ultimate/best combo isnt the easiest combo. The best DIRECT swap would be from an 86 or 87 GLHS as they came T2 from the factory

turbokid
11-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Don't forget the fuel pump :)

Vigo
11-16-2009, 07:38 PM
The best DIRECT swap would be from an 86 or 87 GLHS as they came T2 from the factory

But then you'd be taking apart a relatively rare and valuable car to put together a mutt :p

In my opinion, if you know how to do a bit of soldering its not really much different to do any kind of harness, just a few more wires here and there depending on which way you go.

You would need to install a high pressure fuel pump from a later turbo or v6 car to make enough pressure to run the turbo motor.

Which parts to run really depends on what your power goals are. Even a good running stock turbo motor (140-170hp) will feel strong in a rampage because of the low weight. If you dont go much past stock (200hp is pretty easy on any parts combo if you intercool it) you can pretty much run any parts combo you want.

54inches
11-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Soooooo, first I gotta do the 5 lug conversion from my buddy Vigo.

Next I gotta get those NEON wheels.

I am not afraid of anything as far as projects go, I just choose not to delve into any hybrid transmission or wiring harness splicing BS.

Again, I have other projects that I need to get done.

The engine swap is just a big maybe.

Anyways, enough of my complaining. What kind of power are these T1s producing stock and if I threw say $1000 at it, what numbers am I looking at? I am talking HP/TQ & ET at sea level. :)

How much do these little R'ages weigh? I thought I heard 2700 lbs, which seems FAT to me, but I can deal with it. :)

Thank you guys SO much for the help and suggestions so far.

I hope again to pick up the car on Saturday afternoon!

1984rampage
11-16-2009, 09:18 PM
If you threw $1000 into an already nicely running T1 your talking 250whp or more if done correctly.. T2 conversion, convert your stock turbo to T2 status, full 3" exhaust, +40's, 3 bar map, and a custom cal for 18-20PSI, big ebay FMIC = easy 250whp

54inches
11-16-2009, 10:35 PM
So $500?

jaysshelby
11-16-2009, 10:46 PM
How much do these little R'ages weigh? I thought I heard 2700 lbs, which seems FAT to me, but I can deal with it. :)

I weighed mine this summer, with just over 1/2 tank of gas it was 2360 with out me in it.

54inches
11-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Holy Sh!t. Maybe I can get it down to 2000!!!

That is good news.

Thanks Jay!!!!

1984rampage
11-16-2009, 11:25 PM
I thought someone weighed one in at 2800 lbs? I might be completely wrong but I thought Alan's rampage was quite heavy

jaysshelby
11-16-2009, 11:35 PM
I thought someone weighed one in at 2800 lbs? I might be completely wrong but I thought Alan's rampage was quite heavy

yes it is Alans Page. he would have to chime in on its weight.

54inches
11-16-2009, 11:48 PM
Yeah, but his has that rear seat and all kinds of BS on it to, right?

30 PSI SHADOW
11-17-2009, 12:40 AM
mine weighed 2400 without me at SDAC. T3 powered,no AC or heater core.

54inches
11-17-2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks bud!

I want this thread to be more than just MY build thread!

Vigo
11-17-2009, 01:15 AM
The neon srt-4 wheels can be had pretty cheaply, sometimes $200 a set. Watch your local craigslist, and give Cindy at FWDPerformance a call, she may have some sitting around waiting to be sold, and she's close.

As an example, the 2.5 turbo motor in my aries is a completely stock longblock from an 89 turbo van i bought for $400. The motor has over 250k miles on it. I modified the harness to work in my aries, which involved soldering and moving some pins on connectors, but was not terribly hard.

I also run the larger garrett turbo thats stock on some of these cars rather than the smaller mitsu which came on the minivan.

I have larger injectors ( equivalent to +20% over stock t2 injectors.. they are 400cc) that i found in a junkyard. Large injectors can be found in the junkyard if you get lucky.

Anyway, with a nice intercooler setup (a stock EVO9 intercooler) and a really shitty 2.25" exhaust, my motor made 212 whp ant 320 lb ft at the wheels at a peak boost of 17psi, peak power before 4k rpm. My tiny exhaust was killing it. My aries weighs more than a rampage, but the only time ive run it down the drag strip it trapped 98mph in a heat index over 100 degrees.

So basically.. you can take a stockish motor and make your little truck go pretty damn fast with it. A setup like mine in your truck on slicks with a decent exhaust on a good day might run 13.0@102 or something like that, and i have WAY less than $1000 in my entire drivetrain.

2.216VTurbo
11-17-2009, 01:32 AM

Alan's rampage is 28XX pounds because he has *added* lots of things that are heavier than stock. And actually the reat seats are fairly light, prolly 30lbs but these things are heavy and all add up:

568 trans (when last weighed, the new 523 will weigh less) Posi is heavy tho
TIII motor (compared to a carbed motor)
HVAC/controls/gauges/harness etc from the conversion
Spray in bedliner prolly 25-35 lbs
Class III trailer hitch, easily 70 lbs
11.25" brakes all the way around/5 lug spindles
Rear swaybar-that's a solid chunk o metal
Airbags with brackets 35 lbs
3" S exhaust-double than stock 1 7/8ths?
Tilt steering
ReinforceD K frame and beefy front core support
40lbs of dynamat(ish) stuff

I'm sure there's more heavyweight items that I can't think of right now. The single hedlight SC front end/turbo bulge hood/side skirts will be 60-75 MORE lbs

jaysshelby
11-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks bud!

I want this thread to be more than just MY build thread!

I started the Rampage/Scamp thread in the lounge.

54inches
11-17-2009, 09:32 PM
The neon srt-4 wheels can be had pretty cheaply, sometimes $200 a set. Watch your local craigslist, and give Cindy at FWDPerformance a call, she may have some sitting around waiting to be sold, and she's close.

As an example, the 2.5 turbo motor in my aries is a completely stock longblock from an 89 turbo van i bought for $400. The motor has over 250k miles on it. I modified the harness to work in my aries, which involved soldering and moving some pins on connectors, but was not terribly hard.

I also run the larger garrett turbo thats stock on some of these cars rather than the smaller mitsu which came on the minivan.

I have larger injectors ( equivalent to +20% over stock t2 injectors.. they are 400cc) that i found in a junkyard. Large injectors can be found in the junkyard if you get lucky.

Anyway, with a nice intercooler setup (a stock EVO9 intercooler) and a really shitty 2.25" exhaust, my motor made 212 whp ant 320 lb ft at the wheels at a peak boost of 17psi, peak power before 4k rpm. My tiny exhaust was killing it. My aries weighs more than a rampage, but the only time ive run it down the drag strip it trapped 98mph in a heat index over 100 degrees.

So basically.. you can take a stockish motor and make your little truck go pretty damn fast with it. A setup like mine in your truck on slicks with a decent exhaust on a good day might run 13.0@102 or something like that, and i have WAY less than $1000 in my entire drivetrain.

See you are making me get the itch. I really did not want to make this a barn burner, as I am a V8 man, but we will see!:D

Alan's rampage is 28XX pounds because he has *added* lots of things that are heavier than stock. And actually the reat seats are fairly light, prolly 30lbs but these things are heavy and all add up:

568 trans (when last weighed, the new 523 will weigh less) Posi is heavy tho
TIII motor (compared to a carbed motor)
HVAC/controls/gauges/harness etc from the conversion
Spray in bedliner prolly 25-35 lbs
Class III trailer hitch, easily 70 lbs
11.25" brakes all the way around/5 lug spindles
Rear swaybar-that's a solid chunk o metal
Airbags with brackets 35 lbs
3" S exhaust-double than stock 1 7/8ths?
Tilt steering
ReinforceD K frame and beefy front core support
40lbs of dynamat(ish) stuff

I'm sure there's more heavyweight items that I can't think of right now. The single hedlight SC front end/turbo bulge hood/side skirts will be 60-75 MORE lbs

DAMN! Well, whatever I do, I won't add any of the above!!!!:lol:

Vigo
11-18-2009, 12:02 AM
I really did not want to make this a barn burner, as I am a V8 man, but we will see!

Make this one be your cheap turbo project, cut your teeth, learn the ropes, and THEN turbo some V8s!! :D

54inches
11-19-2009, 12:38 AM
I do want to Twin my bbc 454 in my Suburban.

Might do it.

Got a hold of the guy today and we are on for saturday.

Vigo
11-21-2009, 09:48 PM
I have the front 5-lug setup off, ready to go, along with some wheels and tires and such if you're in a hurry. Ill have the rear 5-lug stuff off i would say before Dec 13. :)

54inches
11-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Thanks bud! I will check with my buddy to see when he is going to be up there. Not enough room in his SUV for the wheels and tires, but I am sure there is at lest enough room for the front stuff. If you get the back stuff off, I bet he could make room for it! :)

Here comes the update for the weekend!

54inches
11-22-2009, 12:30 AM
There she sits!
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs096.snc3/16340_1184283405384_1177209439_30499729_5970482_n. jpg
Back-up lights work!
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs116.snc3/16340_1184283485386_1177209439_30499731_7024086_n. jpg
Not bad.
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs116.snc3/16340_1184283525387_1177209439_30499732_3196773_n. jpg
Lining her up to drive her up, yep we drove it up!
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs116.snc3/16340_1184283565388_1177209439_30499733_1947735_n. jpg
Not bad here either!
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs096.snc3/16340_1184283605389_1177209439_30499734_1146506_n. jpg
Loaded up and ready to head out!
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs096.snc3/16340_1184283725392_1177209439_30499737_2933112_n. jpg
Now at home 30 minutes later. You can see the Suburban in the Background. Yep, it's a convertible!
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs116.snc3/16340_1184283765393_1177209439_30499738_3262086_n. jpg
Ok, the not so good:
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs116.snc3/16340_1184283805394_1177209439_30499739_7017101_n. jpg
Ewwwwww.
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs096.snc3/16340_1184283845395_1177209439_30499740_4735791_n. jpg
Driver's side Ewwwww.
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs096.snc3/16340_1184283885396_1177209439_30499741_6912858_n. jpg

Well, that's about it.

It ran pretty good, but it needs some brake work. I am thinking about just picking up a new master cylinder and flushing the fluid and checking all of the lines. It has brand new front lines and he may not have bled it well enough.

It is idling high, but I see a few vacuum lines that probably need replacing and/or hooking up!

I am also thinking about replacing the mechanical fuel pump with an electric one. I have never seen a mess of fuel lines. WTF was Dodge thinking? I am thinking about mounting the FP on the firewall right where the lines come from the tank and then I can connect right to a nice filter on the firewall and then into the carb. ALOT less lineage to heat up where it runs next to the block and over the valve cover.

Leads me to this question: What psi do these little carbs need? Anyone know?

I also got a turbo dash out of another car with the turbo guage, an auto shifter/console, a set of tailights, two AC cotrols and another headlight switch.

I also got some brackets and a piece of linkage as well.

Anyone need any dash pieces from the turbo dash?

Vigo
11-22-2009, 01:42 AM
Looks like a fun one.. Hope you're planning to try and fix that rust... would be a shame to lose ANOTHER one of these rare beasts to that witch.

New master cylinder = NEW, right? Please dont buy rebuilt. I cant give free stuff to dead people! :p My record for rebuilt MC failure so far is 400 feet down the road. Luckily noone was there.

:thumb:

54inches
11-22-2009, 02:03 AM
NEW means NEW brother. Hopefully American made too.

The rust is my first project.

I opened the tailgate and found my second project.

The mounting point of the driver's side tailgate was rusted through at one time and someone reattached by welding, but not very nice looking, so I am going to have to REfix it.

Then I am going to gut the interior and possibly just throw away the seat and def the carpet.

54inches
11-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Well, not all surprises are good.

I went out for a couple hours to check on the R'age and clean it out a bit.

First I cleaned out the bed and disassembled the dash that was out of the turbo car, so if anyone needs that gauge or any parts just let me know. I plan on taking pictures here next week.

Well, I pulled off the tailgate and could not believe how ridiculous the Dodge engineers are. The area under the tailgate is the worst design I have ever seen, unless they were TRYING to make that area rust.

Anyways the tailgate does not fit right, so I need to pull off the taillight bucket, (one is in pieces, JOHN MESSICH, I need that bucket) to get in and see if there is any bad damage, so I can straighten it out and then weld up that one are of abuse.

I pulled the crate of parts out of the front seat and found some fairly nice taillights. YEAH!

I also found some armrests and some other odds and ends.

Now, the lower trim piece on the outside of the back window fell off in my hands and about 12 little plastic pieces did so at the same time. These are the clips that hold ON that trim panel. DRATS!

So, looking at the top of the rear window, there are two areas that are open to the elements and it's letting water in.

Having issues with pics right now, but will be up soon.

Anyways, it is the top corner of each side of the window and there is just a small gap between the glass and weatherstrip. Yeah!

Now, I start working on the roof rust and it is WAY worse that I originally thought. I am going to have to strip the interior anyways, so whatever, it is all coming out and I am going to have to break out the welder sooner than thought.

The tires are holding air though, so that is good!

JohnnyIroc
11-22-2009, 04:20 PM
paypal or money order?

jaysshelby
11-22-2009, 07:34 PM
I have rear sections of the roof with the gutters if interested. that way you can atleast splice then in and not have to try to make them from scratch.
I also have alot of NOS clips and such for the Rampage/Scamps. shoot me a pm if you like.

54inches
11-22-2009, 08:21 PM
paypal or money order?

Paypal is my friend. PM your address and I will have money sent your way.

I have rear sections of the roof with the gutters if interested. that way you can atleast splice then in and not have to try to make them from scratch.
I also have alot of NOS clips and such for the Rampage/Scamps. shoot me a pm if you like.

That would be FN awesome brother. To the rescue!!!!:clap:

That really helps as before it was just a remove rust, kill rust, weld a little and dynaglass the rest till my heart was content.

Now, some of my fab skills are need, so room sections would be great.

I think I am going to shave the drip rails anyways, but at least I have options now.

Will do on the PM! Thanks brother!

Vigo
11-22-2009, 08:27 PM
I think I am going to shave the drip rails anyways,

wait you mean you dont want it to rust again in exactly the same way??? .... good plan :p

I can cut up some sheetmetal off that shadow i got if you need anything it has. Im sure some forms would be similar.

54inches
11-22-2009, 08:38 PM
EXACTLY!:clap::D

I roll my window up when it rains anyways!
:lol:

Anyways, I am not sure if the room lines are the same. I really need them to be the same.

BTW, You got any nice seats?

I need to check with Cindy over at FWD as I think she has some; I'll be up there sometime this week, who knows.;)

Vigo
11-22-2009, 08:53 PM
I just pulled a nice set off the shadow but they are dibsed until further notice. Otherwise the only nice seats i have i would have to trade for some kinda cheapo racing seat to let em go :)

54inches
11-22-2009, 11:12 PM
I can get you some fiberglass seats. Black.

Daddy needs to see pics of what you are talking about.

turbokid
11-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Daddy needs to see pics of what you are talking about.
That isn't awkward :confused:

Vigo
11-23-2009, 10:05 AM
That isn't awkward

Now when i could get some fiberglass seats.. :p

I can get pics this weekend but i have to say, dont spend any money getting seats to trade to me because the nicest seats i have are still cheap outta the junkyard (like $15 each). Ill try and remember pics this weekend.

54inches
11-23-2009, 12:57 PM
10-4.

54inches
11-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Would my R'age have come with a A465 Manual tranny?

I mean it is a manual and the knob shows 5 gears!:lol:

I have been searching and have narrowed it down to this tranny.

j4278h
11-23-2009, 11:21 PM
yes it has an A465 which doesn't even make a good boat anchor

Vigo
11-23-2009, 11:24 PM
Itll hold stock power if you're nice to it.. :p

54inches
11-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Oh sh!t, that's not good. So, do I need to find an a525 now, for WHEN I blow up the 465?

JohnnyIroc
11-24-2009, 02:29 AM
no an a555:p

54inches
11-24-2009, 12:40 PM
no an a555:p

Are you kidding or being serious?

Will it bolt right in?

JohnnyIroc
11-24-2009, 12:43 PM
im serious and yeah it will

Vigo
11-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Well, only the early trans 465 and 525 are rod shifted.. all the stronger trans are cable shifted from the factory. The 520/555 have been adapted to work with the rod shifters, and many people have converted to cable shifters as well.. There are different ways to go, but if you look around you can find lots of info/opinions on either direction.

the newer 523/568 i dont think have been adapted to rod shift because their shifter setup is a little different. Still useable if you convert to cable.

As for bolting to the motor, the body, etc, they will bolt up. But i think you need different axles as well due to spline differences on the inside.

54inches
11-24-2009, 10:23 PM
Well, with all of the the FN rust I found today, I am really not happy with the way this is going.

I am about to put up the pics, but it is ridiculous especially since the guy told me there was none. I mean I didn't believe him, but whatever.

I got all of the interior out, so that is good and most of the trim was in great shape. The console came out really easy, but I am having trouble getting the jute out that is on the lower firewall.

I am really pissed off about how the floors look and how much water was in the cab. I am sure some of you are going to laugh, but the football size whole in the drivers footwell is a whore.

The horn works great and I have found a few things under the hood that I am either going to delete or rework.

Pics coming.

Vigo
11-24-2009, 11:30 PM
If you got the interior trim out in one piece you are ahead of many Rampage owners.

Sorry to hear about all the rust you are finding. It's killed off most of the old L-bodies that didnt crumble to pieces in wrecks by now. Usually Texas cars are pretty good, but near the coast, bets are off :(

'bout the only thing i can do to help you stay motivated is repost pics of Bill Baker's rampage:hail:
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18826&d=1258823301
:clap::amen:

54inches
11-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Thanks brother! I love his car!:clap::eyebrows:

Yeah, cars around here are SOLID, but this douche bag had it sitting with the windows cracked and the run off from his roof running right on the roof and into the car.

54inches
11-25-2009, 12:38 AM
OK, here we go!

This is a pic from earlier that I took. You can see the hole that I was talking about. I think I want a regular back window.
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs116.snc3/16340_1186174132651_1177209439_30503402_6100514_n. jpg
Here's the bottom gasket that is all f'd up.
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs116.snc3/16340_1186174212653_1177209439_30503403_4028952_n. jpg
Drivers rust damage.
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs096.snc3/16340_1186174332656_1177209439_30503406_3902511_n. jpg
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs096.snc3/16340_1186174372657_1177209439_30503407_1398742_n. jpg
Passengers.
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs116.snc3/16340_1186174452659_1177209439_30503409_4768904_n. jpg
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs096.snc3/16340_1186174492660_1177209439_30503410_5186646_n. jpg
Interior before I removed.
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs096.snc3/16340_1186174532661_1177209439_30503411_7629356_n. jpg
Roof Rust.
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs096.snc3/16340_1186174572662_1177209439_30503412_4662550_n. jpg
Dash.
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs096.snc3/16340_1186174652664_1177209439_30503413_6894254_n. jpg
A little paint.
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs116.snc3/16340_1186174732666_1177209439_30503415_4408017_n. jpg
Interior removed.
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs116.snc3/16340_1186174812668_1177209439_30503417_7264672_n. jpg
Drivers footwell HOLE!!!!!!!!
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs096.snc3/16340_1186174852669_1177209439_30503418_6870188_n. jpg
No bumper!
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs116.snc3/16340_1186174972672_1177209439_30503420_5116289_n. jpg

OK, is the vent in the cowl, supposed to be like this? I mean there was a cover over it, but DAMN, really?
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs116.snc3/16340_1186175052674_1177209439_30503422_5894797_n. jpg

That's about it for today! Need that roof patch panels now!:D

54inches
11-25-2009, 12:44 AM
I have the front 5-lug setup off, ready to go, along with some wheels and tires and such if you're in a hurry. Ill have the rear 5-lug stuff off i would say before Dec 13. :)

My buddy wants to pick up the stuff on Sunday. Does that work? PM me with your address and telephone number.

Thanks!:thumb:

JohnnyIroc
11-25-2009, 03:27 AM
damn that is not pretty
i just sold off my back glass but i agree on the normal style and get a set of louvers for it :thumb:
i cant tell if its rusted or not from the pics but i have that piece that goes behind the bumper the piece with the 2 cutouts for the bumper

54inches
11-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Thanks bud! I do not see any rust, but it is bent, so I am going to have to hammer and dolly it back into place and then I think I am going to fill in the cutouts!

turbokid
11-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Looks like you have a little bit of work ahead of you.
But I bet when you get it finished that will be a bad --- little truck.
So the turbo swap is starting to edge on you a bit aint it :thumb:

Vigo
11-25-2009, 12:52 PM
I love how in the one picture right below the rust it says RUN!! :p

Thanks bud! I do not see any rust, but it is bent, so I am going to have to hammer and dolly it back into place and then I think I am going to fill in the cutouts!

Definitely do this! Roll pan ftw! :)

54inches
11-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Looks like you have a little bit of work ahead of you.
But I bet when you get it finished that will be a bad --- little truck.
So the turbo swap is starting to edge on you a bit aint it :thumb:

Yeah, but now after looking at what it is going to cost JUST to get it in reliable condition, I am going to say NO! We have a MArch deadline, but that remains to be seen. Depends on weather.

I love how in the one picture right below the rust it says RUN!! :p Definitely do this! Roll pan ftw! :)

The roll pan should be easy!

I just talked to my two partners and money will start rolling my way.

I will be picking up some sheet metal to fix the floor and make the roll pan.

I will be getting the roof patch panels hopefully soon AND I just ran across a NIB rear sliding window that looks FN awesome!

I hope to pick that up before christmas aswell.

And the best thing is, that YOU are getting me the free parts this weekend!:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

Vigo
11-25-2009, 04:02 PM
You know i have found with all the people i know and the generosity i have received that it really helps to pay it forward. It comes back around, and everybody's happy.. so instead of spamming people with emails saying that, i just give stuff away.

Id also like to see things im not going to use get used by SOMEONE rather than ending up in a junk heap. And whaddya know, a guy i just met is giving me some awesome deals on parts for the same reason! One of those great deals passed from me to a good friend who got some wheels/tires, and another one of them is letting me give a good turbo motor to another friend for $50.. and it keeps on working like that.

Really, a little generosity goes a long way, so the more i can give you the better it is for us both. :)

Amazing find on that rear window btw!

54inches
11-25-2009, 04:32 PM
I totally agree brother.

Earlier this year, well actually last year, Dec 31, my wife lost her job, then my garage burned down and a week later our dog was violently killed in front of my wife and kids, which pushed all of them into a deeeeeeep depression, which was hard on me as I never had time to grieve so I could be strong for them. I then ended up in the hospital 3 times with kidney stones.

People came out of the woodwork to help us with little things here and there and it totally change my outlook on people.

I to would rather see someone use my junk, especially if I am not going to use it.

Now don't get me wrong, I like to make some change, but trading parts is my forte! :lol:

54inches
11-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Quick question. I thought there was a thread with wheel pics on here? Can't fnd it!

I am trying to indentify my R'ages wheels!

54inches
11-25-2009, 05:14 PM
found it.....knowledge center!

54inches
11-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Wheels, I would call them Starburst.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs116.snc3/16340_1186648984522_1177209439_30504503_2147572_n. jpg

Ok, while I was out there I ran into one of my 72 tape measures and starting measuring things.

I am sure I am not telling anyone here anything they do not know, but maybe it will help someone else, so here goes!

1984 Dodge Rampage "Prospector"

64" Wide or 5' 4"
180" Long or 15'
52" Tall or 2 inches shorter than the tires going on my Suburban, hopefully soon to be 4" shorter.

25" to the front wheel well,
26" to the rear wheel well. Soon to be shorter. 23"& 24" respectively.

Stock 14"x6" Starburst wheels with 195-60-14
The door say 175-75-13s, so someone has UPGRADED, but it's not me! :)

The "stock" tires that are on there right now are 23"x7 1/4" with an overall width of 8".

The front of the front wheelwell has 1" of space while the rear of the front wheel well hase about an 1".

Now with the rear those spaces are 1 1/2" and 4", which I find strange as it seems the wheel is not centered in the wheel well. If you really wanted to, you can get a 1" lowering block and drill a center hole with two offset holes about 1" from center, for the leaf's center pin and offset the axle back 1".

OK, also there is an obtrusion into the drivers wheel well, that I am going to remove, so I can run the widest tire possible that fits under the wheel well. This may not be necessary, but as you can see in the picture below, I have to fix the footbal hole in that area anyways, so might as well do it. It looks like it is just a welded pinch weld, so I can cut it back and then weld the two panels back together.

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs096.snc3/16340_1186657864744_1177209439_30504519_1607112_n. jpg

Vigo
11-25-2009, 07:57 PM
sounds like a plan. I have some 15x6 steelies or some 15x6 crab wheels you could get from me.. either one the wides tire you could possibly get on them would be 225s. If you find some wider wheels you could do wider tires but getting bigger than 225 on these things tends to run into all sorts of fitment issues.

Should have pics of what i have tomorrow. Keep it up with the updates!

54inches
11-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Yeah 225 is about what I want to do, but a 235 30 17 would be cool. I have a line on some 17x7 SRT4 wheels with tires for $200, but he will not back dowwn on the price, so we will see.

Vigo
11-25-2009, 10:51 PM
$200 is fair for them. BUT, they are really too narrow for 225s, let alone 235s, and you probably wont be able to find any 235/30r17.. A lot of times you can come up with an 'ideal' size tire in your brain and then find out noone makes that size.. Bout the smallest diameter 17 you can get is a 205/40, which still looks a LOT wider than a stock tire.

play around with these links until you find something that fits the need and actually exists:( :
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
http://tires-easy.com/
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/SearchTires.jsp

TurboRon25
11-26-2009, 03:27 AM
Yeah 225 is about what I want to do, but a 235 30 17 would be cool. I have a line on some 17x7 SRT4 wheels with tires for $200, but he will not back dowwn on the price, so we will see.

17" SRT4 wheels are only 6" wide. 17 x 6 on an L body will use something like a 205/40.

Ron

54inches
11-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Thanks guys. I am VERY familiar with tires and the what not, but I am usually running alot bigger tires on what I usually wrench on.

I have run 295-50-16s on some stock 16x8s. I tend to push the limits of width on rims, at least that's what "people" on forums think. I usually guage what the manufacturers suggest as my guide and almost everytime I am correct. Not trying to start a pissing match, I am just fairly knowlegeable about what is safe and what works. :D

I also checked yesterday and you can run 235s on 6 inch rims, so no worries there. Now 7 or 8 inch rims would be better, but as long as it fits inside the fender wells, then I am really not concerned as this vehicle will probably never see anything over 75 mph.

I just hate the big wheel look that looks like skinnies from behind.

Thansk ron on the heads up on the SRT$ width. I wonder why I keep seeing them advertised as 7s. ???? hmmm

BTW, a guy just posted the following over at rampagerunners and I want to get it verified:

"I just refreshed my memory by checking some old paperwork and here's what the Prospector package was about. It was a package of popular options for either the regular Rampage or the Rampage 2.2 model.

You could order the same items contained in the package separately or in small groups (like the Light package) but the buyer can save up from 200 to 375 dollars on your vehicle.

For the Rampage it contained the Light Package, raised black letter tires with 14" wheels, center console, power steering, AM radio, cargo box side rails and two Prospector decals.

For the Rampage 2.2 it contained the two tone paint package, Light Package, air conditioning, power steering, AM/FM Stereo, tonneau cover and two Prospector decals.

""Mine has the rampage 2.2 decals on the side and hood and is brown with a black stripe along the bottom. ""

If it doesn't have all these items mentioned for the Rampage 2.2 Prospector package listed above it may not have received that package. There is probably a code on the data plate under the hood for the Prospector package but I don't know what it is.

OK, Questions:

1. Mine has the prospector package, as has everything mentioned above in the non-2.2 package PLUS the two-tone & FM radio from the 2.2 package. Is mine a 2.2 or did someone just up to the paint and radio package?

2. What is the light package?

Thanks again guys!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am going to be off to Round 5 of Thanksgiving with MY side of the family now! Ha HA!

Vigo,

My buddy is in SA and should be contacting you soon. He WILL be able to meet BEFORE 3:00 PM. I think he wants to be home long before them :)

Thanks so much again!!!!!

54inches
11-29-2009, 11:54 AM
I thought I had posted this, but I guess not.

I am in the process of picking up a NOS in the box, sliding rear window.

I wanted to go 1 piece rear, seeing that the sliding that I have now is leaking, but I was out voted, so I just happened to run across a SMOKING deal.

Anyone need a used sliding rear window?

Vigo
11-29-2009, 10:24 PM
Well your friend picked up the complete front spindles and brake assemblies today. I showed him some of the wheels i have. I figure if you are going to 17s you may just want anything that will keep the car rollable.. i have some steelies with tires mounted that would be good enough for that.

I should have those drums ready by dec 13 or so.. Your friend asked about rear discs, though, so let me know if you still need them or intend to just go straight to discs.

As long as you keep posting up what you plan to do or are thinking about ill see what i can throw at it.

Badger
11-30-2009, 12:11 AM
any idea why the slider you have in there now is leaking (weatherstripping?) and what would you want for it?

54inches
11-30-2009, 03:14 PM
V, Thank you so much! I am not sure WHAT I am going to do with the back. I hate drum brakes, but Free is Free and probably alot easier and less time consuming, so the sum of this rambling is, I want you rear drum brakes, well that is unless you have some lightweight rear discs!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:eyebrows:

Again, thank you so much for your generosity and hospitality into the R'age community!

The slider is leaking due to poor engineering on Dodge's part, but seriously....the weatherstripping is shot. I thought I had posted some pics back on page 1 or 2, but if not, I will.

I am sure we can work something out for VERY cheap. I like Lone Star beer and it is my choice for bartering, but your local microbrew works good too! :) The darker the better. :)

In the spirit of Vigo, I would like to help out a fellow R'ager, but in the spirit of beer drinkers everywhere...lol

Short answer, not much.

54inches
11-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Check post #77. :)

Vigo
12-01-2009, 12:46 AM
Well there is a stock rear disc setup i have sitting around, but i was planning on using it and it wouldnt be anywhere near free, and i doubt its any lighter than the drums. its just a factory rear disc setup, you could find em local in a yard if you wanted.

I dont think a rampage needs more brakes than the disc/drum setup im donating unless you get it going really fast or you just want em to look good behind dem 17s:eyebrows:

Ill let you know when the drums are off and ready to go.

Badger
12-01-2009, 02:21 AM
thanks for the info about the slider. Now...if I knew where I could pick up some weatherstripping for it, then Id be all set...LOL. Im also looking for the weatherstripping that the window goes into when you close the door on the drivers side. Nice to see you restoring your 'page. Keep posting updates please!

Badger
12-01-2009, 02:25 AM
BTW....I run 60mm drum brakes off an '87 lebaron (I think). They are bigger then what you find on a SC so its one step below rear discs which I dont really think a rampage needs in the back (since its so light back there anyway).

Vigo
12-01-2009, 02:37 AM
I dont know what you mean about the 60mm drums.. unless that is width? The cars have two drum diameters, 200 and 220mm. If there is something i dont know about the kinds of drums, id love to hear it. :)

54inches
12-01-2009, 03:44 PM
I dont think a rampage needs more brakes than the disc/drum setup im donating unless you get it going really fast or you just want em to look good behind dem 17s:eyebrows: Ill let you know when the drums are off and ready to go.

See now, I had already convince myself to stick with the 5 lug drums as they were freeeeeeeee, but now you changed my mind again. Drums behind nice wheels is just wrong!!!!!

thanks for the info about the slider. Now...if I knew where I could pick up some weatherstripping for it, then Id be all set...LOL. Im also looking for the weatherstripping that the window goes into when you close the door on the drivers side. Nice to see you restoring your 'page. Keep posting updates please!

There is a vendor on Ebay that has a majority of the weatherstripping for R'ages.:D

When I pull out the back window, I will let you know!;)

I hope to get a chance to start buying some parts!!!!!!! Paypal should have my account working by Wednesday!

Vigo
12-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Drums behind nice wheels is just wrong!!!!!

Well if you plan on painting the wheels you get, you can paint the wheel and the drum with the same high temp paint and it will look pretty ok, but i cant argue with your logic if you want a disc setup.

54inches
12-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Yeah and that is my plan right now. The wheels I have found are already powdercoated black, so I am set there. Just need to blast the drums and I will POR-15 them.

JohnnyIroc
12-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Paypal should have my account working by Wednesday!
Awesome! :thumb:
hopefully i can ship the bucket Wednesday or Thursday

Yeah and that is my plan right now. The wheels I have found are already powdercoated black, so I am set there. Just need to blast the drums and I will POR-15 them.

got any pics?

and even on my van drums look bad behind nice wheels

54inches
12-02-2009, 11:36 AM
got any pics?

and even on my van drums look bad behind nice wheels

They are just srt-4 powdercoated black. :) It's all your fault!

JohnnyIroc
12-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Oh wow that sounds sweet!
you got a good deal I'm jealous
i do wanna see some pics haha

54inches
12-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Quit repeating yourself! :lol:

I will have a damaged, but soon to be repaired Passenger's tail light bucket for sale if anyone is in need of one. (I am repairing my old one and replacing it with the nicer one I just bought from John!)

Thanks John!

54inches
12-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Well, the rampage brought me some presents for Christmas!

Rust, Dirt, wasp nest,rust, wasp nest, wreck damage, rust, a pound of dirt and did I say rust.

The good thing is that the floor has dried and the rust looks dead, so I am going to start removal.

I removed the back window and found more rust, but I think I can fix it with a patch panel that Jay sent me.

I took off the tailgate as it did not line up good and found out that the drivers rear quarter had a decent hit on it and the metal is full of bondo. The PO also blended the taillight bucket into metal. He did a decent job, but did not get the metal straight on the tailgate side.

Oh boy, I am not sure if I want to continue with this project.

I got the driver's bed panel off and found about 3 lbs of dirt and more dirt!

Also, the roll pan is bent.

The cowl panel is rusted and I am not sure how I am going to fix it.

Anyone want to make me an offer? :)

JohnnyIroc
12-21-2009, 12:42 PM
we need to motivate you again :thumb:
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18826&d=1258823301

54inches
12-21-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm heading out now to work on it.

We will see.

JohnnyIroc
12-21-2009, 07:19 PM
good to hear my motivation worked LOL

54inches
12-21-2009, 07:46 PM
OK here's a pictorial update from today and the parts that I need!

JAY!!!!!!!

It doesn't look to bad here:
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs193.snc3/20078_1204665834932_1177209439_30545107_2715806_n. jpg

This angle is a different story:
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs173.snc3/20078_1204665874933_1177209439_30545108_7263276_n. jpg

Lower section that was cut in prior repair.
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs193.snc3/20078_1204666034937_1177209439_30545112_6756010_n. jpg

Upper carnage:
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs193.snc3/20078_1204666074938_1177209439_30545113_4650666_n. jpg

Inside looking up. What you are seeing is a ton of Bondo.
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs173.snc3/20078_1204666114939_1177209439_30545114_2418791_n. jpg

Bondo removed from outer panel:
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs173.snc3/20078_1204666154940_1177209439_30545115_8286083_n. jpg

:mad:
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs173.snc3/20078_1204666194941_1177209439_30545116_8167433_n. jpg

:mad:
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs173.snc3/20078_1204666234942_1177209439_30545117_2217119_n. jpg

Inner Panel removed:
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs193.snc3/20078_1204666274943_1177209439_30545118_7466508_n. jpg

Inner Panel and Bucket.
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs193.snc3/20078_1204666314944_1177209439_30545119_6206655_n. jpg

Bondo Thickness.
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs173.snc3/20078_1204666434947_1177209439_30545121_7528909_n. jpg

THESE ARE THE TWO PIECES THAT I NEED!!!!
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs173.snc3/20078_1204666474948_1177209439_30545122_3120015_n. jpg

Nothin installed:
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs173.snc3/20078_1204666514949_1177209439_30545123_7467356_n. jpg

Inner Panel installed:
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs193.snc3/20078_1204666554950_1177209439_30545124_8379481_n. jpg

Outer Panel Installed:
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs193.snc3/20078_1204666634952_1177209439_30545126_4672133_n. jpg

To be Continued:

54inches
12-21-2009, 07:46 PM
I may need this panel as well:
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs193.snc3/20078_1204666674953_1177209439_30545127_5724802_n. jpg

BTW, here's some more rust pics:
Rear Window, now gone!
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs173.snc3/20078_1204665914934_1177209439_30545109_7351807_n. jpg

Drivers cowl has it toooooo:thumb:
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs193.snc3/20078_1204665994936_1177209439_30545111_2347866_n. jpg

So if any one has a rear quarter with all of these pieces, I need the inner and out at the VERY least.

I think I can make that last piece work.

Let me know hoes!:D

BTW, John, I got the new taillight bucket about 5 minutes ago. Fits PERFECT, so now I can see how the tolerances on the other side are supposed to be!!!

Thanks bud!:thumb:

54inches
12-21-2009, 10:33 PM
I went back out after dinner and right-sized the patch panels for the roof.

Thanks for the roof Jay! But I need more! See below!:eyebrows::thumb:

Drivers:
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs202.snc3/20970_1204770437547_1177209439_30545541_3988530_n. jpg

In this pic you can see how much more roof I need to replace. Basically the Black part!
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs202.snc3/20970_1204770517549_1177209439_30545542_2937121_n. jpg

More of the same here:
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs222.snc3/20970_1204770597551_1177209439_30545544_7290928_n. jpg

HELP

Vigo
12-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Sorry i havent gotten back to you about those drums, i keep helping my friends on their cars instead of pulling parts off mine.

I know what you're finding is bad, but most people would never get far enough to find all of that damage so you're ahead of the game in ability if not motivation.

:)

54inches
12-21-2009, 10:41 PM
Vigo, Thanks!

Metal work is easy to me. I weld it, if I don't like it, I grind it. Repeat!

If I can finish this repair work in the next two weeks, then I should have the motivation to finish my OTHER project, so that is the only reason I am moving forward!!! :)

No worries on the drums. I don't have the money, the time or the wheels!!!!!! :)

The back end is what worries me though as the tailgate HAS to fit properly!

I am worried about that part.

Thanks again bud!

JohnnyIroc
12-21-2009, 10:49 PM
Glad to hear you finally got it :thumb:
and man that is a good amount of work to do but sounds like you can handle it :clap:
nice progress so far wish we had the weather you have to be able to even go outside this time of year at night let alone work on a car
keep us updated

54inches
12-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Thanks bud!

I usually do not go outside if it is not at LEAST 70 and sunny!

Tomorrow, 75 and SUNNY!

YEAH!!!!

Vigo
12-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Heh man here in Texas this is the BEST time of year to work on cars. Its between 50-60f during the days lately where i am so if you stay moving and working its comfortably warm :) I was sweating in the junkyard yesterday!

found a complete 88 shelby Z daytona t2/555.... snagged the lower intercooler hose for $5 but the rest is still there :)

54inches
12-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Nice score!

How were the seats?

JohnnyIroc
12-21-2009, 11:14 PM
so what state is this trucklet originally from i know it cant be Texas

54inches
12-21-2009, 11:19 PM
No clue.

It was title in Texas and registered here for awhile.

It looks like the rust is from sitting under the edge of a carport or something.

JohnnyIroc
12-21-2009, 11:23 PM
hows the underside?

54inches
12-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Not bad. The springs are rusty.

All of the rust has seemed to come from the roof and or the cowl panel.

I did find some rust in the rear quarters, but there was about 3 lbs of dirt caught.

I am going to open the bottom of the fenders with my DEEwalt grinder, so it drains properly.

If this car had been kept up a tad bit better.

I would be putting on new wheels and interior right now and sanding it for paint instead of doing what I am doing......

jaysshelby
12-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Adam, sorry cant help with the roof sections as they are gone. the rear quater I saved for my project. I can help you with the front lower cowl pieces if you want them.:thumb:

54inches
12-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Does the cowl come out?

Vigo
12-23-2009, 12:51 AM
I didnt notice the seats in the Daytona but i know a guy with some enthusiast seats sitting around that can probably be bought.

Pm for any further info on the shelby z, dont want to threadjack.

54inches
12-23-2009, 11:45 AM
I don't follow instructions very well, so...no worries on the thread hijack.

What color are the seats? And....what are enthusiasts seats?

BTW, is anyone a member of rampagerunners?

JohnnyIroc
12-23-2009, 01:32 PM
I don't follow instructions very well, so...no worries on the thread hijack.

What color are the seats? And....what are enthusiasts seats?

BTW, is anyone a member of rampagerunners?

Enthusiasts sears are just power seats with air sacs and adjustable leg wings they are crazy cool but idk how u would wire them up for an L body would probably be a big project

54inches
12-23-2009, 03:55 PM
I would prefer manual and leather but those two paths rarely cross.

Wiring should not be a problem as long as it just needs a power in and ground for the switch. :)

TheCanadian007
12-24-2009, 11:26 PM
I've wired up enthusiast seats in my Horizon recently. The seat tracks on the Daytona are slightly wider and longer than those of the L-body cars, but this can be rectified by retrofitting L-body seat racks with offset plates to make the bolt holes line up. All that is required for the power functions are a ground and 12v fused power source. I didn't bother trying to adapt the power adjustment seat rack; too much labour involved not to mention the additional 20 lbs that it adds.

Cheers, TheCanadian

54inches
12-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks bud!

I have been looking at some Black leather CTS seats. Pimpin!

jaysshelby
12-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Does the cowl come out?

no the cowl is welded in. but I can cut out what ever you need. just let me know.

54inches
12-26-2009, 12:10 AM
What else do you have of the car? Can you send me pics?

You have my email right?

54inches
01-11-2010, 10:08 PM
I still need the roof and possibly each end of the cowl.

Oh and I got out there and FINALLY removed all of the rust and primered the floor. This below freezing weather has been killing me. I am a Houston boy and damn!

jaysshelby
01-11-2010, 10:12 PM
I still need the roof and possibly each end of the cowl.

Oh and I got out there and FINALLY removed all of the rust and primered the floor. This below freezing weather has been killing me. I am a Houston boy and damn!

well I have what you need. give me some dimensions and I can cut out what you need.

Vigo
01-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Glad to hear you're still on it!

I do have the seats out of my Aries free now.. i got some enthusiast seats in there now :p

They're a dark red cloth. Nice condition, free if you want them. I also have an 87-88 rear disc setup with new rotors and pads, but unknown caliper condition (never drove on em or seen car move) that i'd sell for maybe 60 bucks. Still got 15 inch crab and eggshell wheels id sell for scrap money too.

Let me know if you want pics of anything, and good luck with the search for body panels!

54inches
01-12-2010, 11:03 PM
well I have what you need. give me some dimensions and I can cut out what you need.

Will do brother.

Glad to hear you're still on it!

I do have the seats out of my Aries free now.. i got some enthusiast seats in there now :p

They're a dark red cloth. Nice condition, free if you want them. I also have an 87-88 rear disc setup with new rotors and pads, but unknown caliper condition (never drove on em or seen car move) that i'd sell for maybe 60 bucks. Still got 15 inch crab and eggshell wheels id sell for scrap money too.

Let me know if you want pics of anything, and good luck with the search for body panels!

Yeah, let me see some pics.

Y'all are not going to believe this, and I really won't until I have them, but I think I scored a set of 2009 Recaro CTSV seats for free from a local dealership. :D Black leather!

JohnnyIroc
01-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Y'all are not going to believe this, and I really won't until I have them, but I think I scored a set of 2009 Recaro CTSV seats for free from a local dealership. :D Black leather!

i believe it.
Someone has to have died in them :nod:

54inches
01-12-2010, 11:32 PM
No the guy bought 2 CTSVs, one for a daily driver and one for a track vehicle. He wants some other seats for the track car.

I am looking at getting a V and was talking to my buddy that runs the Chevrolet/Cadillac dealership about MY Cadillac and it reminded him.

Time will tell.

These are $1200 new, soooooo we will see, they may end up in my Cadillac, but I already have dual 6way adjustable in my car. I really wanted the SRT4 seats and wheels for the R'age, but time will tell.

Vigo
01-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Dude those seats are AWESOME!!!

Ill try and get pics of these.. my camera battery was dead yesterday.

54inches
01-16-2010, 04:35 PM

OK, Here you can see the passengers side and what is missing.
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs203.snc3/21070_1225141306806_1177209439_30596738_6141165_n. jpg

Not as easy to see, but the same as the passenger's.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs223.snc3/21070_1225141266805_1177209439_30596737_7937182_n. jpg

Here is a rough representation of the areas I need on a stock photo OMNI, I think, Floor plan.
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs203.snc3/21070_1225121546312_1177209439_30596695_4006722_n. jpg

Passengers side behind the emergency brake.
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs203.snc3/21070_1225141346807_1177209439_30596739_2568727_n. jpg

Drivers left footwell.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs223.snc3/21070_1225141386808_1177209439_30596740_2248119_n. jpg

More of the same.
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs223.snc3/21070_1225141426809_1177209439_30596741_3664088_n. jpg

Drivers cowl.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs223.snc3/21070_1225141506811_1177209439_30596743_6375563_n. jpg

Passengers Cowl.
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs223.snc3/21070_1225141466810_1177209439_30596742_4029430_n. jpg

jaysshelby
01-16-2010, 04:47 PM
OK, Here you can see the passengers side and what is missing.
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs203.snc3/21070_1225141306806_1177209439_30596738_6141165_n. jpg

Not as easy to see, but the same as the passenger's.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs223.snc3/21070_1225141266805_1177209439_30596737_7937182_n. jpg

Here is a rough representation of the areas I need on a stock photo OMNI, I think, Floor plan.
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs203.snc3/21070_1225121546312_1177209439_30596695_4006722_n. jpg

Passengers side behind the emergency brake.
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs203.snc3/21070_1225141346807_1177209439_30596739_2568727_n. jpg

Drivers left footwell.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs223.snc3/21070_1225141386808_1177209439_30596740_2248119_n. jpg

More of the same.
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs223.snc3/21070_1225141426809_1177209439_30596741_3664088_n. jpg

Drivers cowl.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs223.snc3/21070_1225141506811_1177209439_30596743_6375563_n. jpg

Passengers Cowl.
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs223.snc3/21070_1225141466810_1177209439_30596742_4029430_n. jpg

Still waiting on those measurements for the roof and cowl so I know what to cut.:D

54inches
01-16-2010, 04:49 PM
k....

54inches
01-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Drivers and Passengers should be the same. :D
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs203.snc3/21070_1225172947597_1177209439_30596784_2632903_n. jpg
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs203.snc3/21070_1225172987598_1177209439_30596785_835583_n.j pg

Drivers floorpan, I know this looks diagonal, but it is not.
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs203.snc3/21070_1225173027599_1177209439_30596786_7070475_n. jpg
Different view
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs203.snc3/21070_1225173067600_1177209439_30596787_7651741_n. jpg

Passenger side behind emergency brake
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs223.snc3/21070_1225173147602_1177209439_30596789_1266741_n. jpg
Height
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs203.snc3/21070_1225173187603_1177209439_30596790_547022_n.j pg
This is an area I forgot about, Passengers side right below the shifter and infront of the brace.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs203.snc3/21070_1225173227604_1177209439_30596791_5928635_n. jpg

Height
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs203.snc3/21070_1225173267605_1177209439_30596792_3679022_n. jpg

Passengers Cowl
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs203.snc3/21070_1225173307606_1177209439_30596793_3229293_n. jpg

Drivers 5"width
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs223.snc3/21070_1225173347607_1177209439_30596794_7413962_n. jpg

Vigo
01-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Yikes man, lots of work, but the truck will be a keeper when its done. :)

54inches
01-16-2010, 09:11 PM
I am hoping I can get all of the replacement panels and a warm and dry weekend, so I can get it knocked out.

I don't want to have to fab panels.

This needs to be done by March as it has been commissioned for a "tailgate" themed party.

Vigo
01-16-2010, 09:19 PM
You'll be the only fwd car there with a tailgate. Rock on.

54inches
01-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Well, that is true, but it is a themed party inside a hotel here downtown and they want to use the R'age as a prop, so they set my deadline for me.....

JohnnyIroc
01-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Yikes!

jaysshelby
01-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Drivers and Passengers should be the same. :D
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs203.snc3/21070_1225172947597_1177209439_30596784_2632903_n. jpg
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs203.snc3/21070_1225172987598_1177209439_30596785_835583_n.j pg

Drivers floorpan, I know this looks diagonal, but it is not.
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs203.snc3/21070_1225173027599_1177209439_30596786_7070475_n. jpg
Different view
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs203.snc3/21070_1225173067600_1177209439_30596787_7651741_n. jpg

Passenger side behind emergency brake
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs223.snc3/21070_1225173147602_1177209439_30596789_1266741_n. jpg
Height
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs203.snc3/21070_1225173187603_1177209439_30596790_547022_n.j pg
This is an area I forgot about, Passengers side right below the shifter and infront of the brace.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs203.snc3/21070_1225173227604_1177209439_30596791_5928635_n. jpg

Height
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs203.snc3/21070_1225173267605_1177209439_30596792_3679022_n. jpg

Passengers Cowl
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs203.snc3/21070_1225173307606_1177209439_30596793_3229293_n. jpg

Drivers 5"width
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs223.snc3/21070_1225173347607_1177209439_30596794_7413962_n. jpg

ok I can get you the roof and cowl sections but can't help with the floor pieces. pm me Adam

54inches
01-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Yikes!

What? I was happy when I saw that that was as far as the rust went. :D

ok I can get you the roof and cowl sections but can't help with the floor pieces. pm me Adam

Thanks bud, Will do.

I need a Headliner.:D

54inches
01-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Dude those seats are AWESOME!!!

Ill try and get pics of these.. my camera battery was dead yesterday.

Ok, I want to see some pics. :D:bump2:

Vigo
01-22-2010, 01:01 AM
Sorry, i should have some tomorrow! Ill set a reminder on my phone..

54inches
01-22-2010, 12:02 PM
:lol: OK!

54inches
01-22-2010, 03:40 PM
OK guys, here's the deal and I posted this over on the lightweight wheel thread, but nobody cares over there, soooooo :)

I found these regular SRT4 wheels for $150 with 2 tires that have 50% tread, so it is probably more like 25% tread.

Two are stripped for powdercoating and two are stock. I am going to strip the other two with my media blaster, probably with walnut shells or some fine media like plastic or maybe soda.

I love the way they look, but I really wanted some lighter wheels. Anyone know how much they weigh?

I am going to pull a wheel tonight and see how much each of those weigh and male a decision, but I am not going to race it right now, but now I am rambling....

Any thoughts, suggestions?

JohnnyIroc
01-22-2010, 06:02 PM
for looks the Srts are awesome
i have not had much of a comparison besides pumpers and snowflakes and they do weigh more but they also are a 17" rim
IMO there not to bad
sounds like a great deal!

54inches
01-22-2010, 06:10 PM
I am glad you chimed in. Thanks bud.

JohnnyIroc
01-22-2010, 06:12 PM
No problem man the project is really moving
keep it up :thumb:

54inches
01-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Thanks. I still have that March 12, 2010 soft deadline.

The unveiling should be May 1, 2010 as we compete in a Bar hop called "Amazing Race", 10 bars, 10 drinks, 4 hours.

It will be our Team vehicle, so I have alot of pressure from our drinking team.

Vigo
01-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Well i guess with two seats that leaves at least... one person out of the two that can drink. Unless you fill the bed.

Anyway, one good thing about wheel/tire weight on the rampage is that even if the srt-4 wheels arent light, you'll be using tiny tires on it (like 205/40r17) which will weigh less than most 17" tires, so that helps.

Here's pics of the seats i have. They came out a lebaron GTS a long time ago, and came out of my Aries just recently. They have one hole worn through on the back side of each seat from when i used to have speaker boxes stuffed behind the front seats. They're otherwise in great shape!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Vigo327/DSC08569Large.jpg
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Vigo327/DSC08570Large.jpg
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Vigo327/DSC08571Large.jpg
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Vigo327/DSC08572Large.jpg
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Vigo327/DSC08573Large.jpg
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Vigo327/DSC08574Large.jpg
There are power seat switches on the trim there but the seats dont have the tracks on them and i dont have any power tracks to give away. So they're just for show.. Or rig em up to run your air bag setup :p
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Vigo327/DSC08575Large.jpg
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Vigo327/DSC08576Large.jpg

The seats are free to you if you want them.

And here's something else you may want..
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Vigo327/DSC08577Large.jpg
I have new rotors and pads for em, so i'll have to charge you bout $50 bucks for the whole setup.. Or you can have the setup with the trashed rotors and pads for free and ill sell the rotors and pads on the forums.

Vigo
01-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Looking at the pics... the fabric color is MUCH nicer in real life.

gkcooper
01-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Wow! All that rust. And I can't even give away a solid Rampage.

54inches
01-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Vigo, I will take those brakes def, and probably the rotors/pads.

If my CTSV seat don't come in then I def wants the seats as well.

Coop, I will take your Rampage. Can you deliver to East Houston?

If you can, then I am going to use all my parts on yours and I am going to give Vigo my Rampage.

Do you have a clean title?

Vigo
01-22-2010, 10:45 PM
:wow1:

54inches
01-22-2010, 11:07 PM
You think I am FN kidding. Not too many people in this community have been as nice to me as you have.

It's yours if everything works out. Plus, Rampage's are prettier than your junk! :lol: jk

I need a brown glove box door for mine. :)

gkcooper
01-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Ha! What if I said yes?

Actually I cannot deliver it anywhere and there is a pending pickup on it right now.

Vigo
01-23-2010, 12:59 AM
Well whenever you are ready to come get the brakes and seats let me know. If you want to take the seats just in case, and regift them later if you dont use em, thats fine with me too.

54inches
01-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Ha! What if I said yes?
Actually I cannot deliver it anywhere and there is a pending pickup on it right now.

If you said yes, I would say thank you and let you take my sister out for dinner when you go in town.

Well whenever you are ready to come get the brakes and seats let me know. If you want to take the seats just in case, and regift them later if you dont use em, thats fine with me too.

Cool.

54inches
01-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Well, the douchebag that I was buying the wheels from and I had an sett time to pick them up from his this am backed out; "I just sold them to someone else who gave me more money".

Gotta love it.

blk86trbo
01-23-2010, 11:51 AM
If you said yes, I would say thank you and let you take my sister out for dinner when you go in town

Is that offer good for any of these other guys if they deliver it? LOL :p

54inches
01-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Yes. She is 6' tall, beautiful and highly educated. You don't have to worry about me. She is more than most of you can handle.

I need some SRT-4 Wheels.

BTW, I went JY hopping today and the only dodge I found was a 90s 5th avenue, but I did find a 454 tbi, an LT1, a 5.0L pony engine and a4.6 mod motor, all pulled and waiting.

Vigo
01-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Make a junkyard wish list for when you come to san antonio. I wandered through a few hundred fwd dodges in one junkyard today. No rampages though.

54inches
01-23-2010, 11:45 PM
DAMN! Will do.

54inches
01-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Got some work done today, FINALLY!

I went looking for some 3/4 angle and some 2" flat, but it was $15 a piece for about 3 feet.

Decided to go raid the shop and see if I could find something. Glad I did.

I am going to use the angle (it is really t channel) to reinforce the back side and straighten out the inner bed side where it was wrecked.

I was going to use the 2" plate to reinforced the tailgate mounting area on the drivers side that was damaged in the wreck. Well, I found some sheet(1/8"), and I made a template out of plate and I need to bend it on a brake press, but I have it shaped good.

Then I decided to pull the front wheels, weigh them. start looking at the floor damage from the outside and remove the front clip.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs176.snc3/20370_1231770952543_1177209439_30611428_8227208_n. jpg

Here's the two damaged pieces that I have hammered back into shape and ground flat so I can weld them back together and add the extra 1/8" support.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs176.snc3/20370_1231771312552_1177209439_30611437_4479121_n. jpg

Here you can see the support piece. Again, it has not been bent in a 90.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs196.snc3/20370_1231771392554_1177209439_30611439_7465497_n. jpg

Here it is just sitting in place.
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs176.snc3/20370_1231771432555_1177209439_30611440_6693159_n. jpg

Stock wheels and their weight.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs196.snc3/20370_1231771112547_1177209439_30611432_2130139_n. jpg

185-60-14
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs196.snc3/20370_1231771152548_1177209439_30611433_56190_n.jp g

Blurry Drivers.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs176.snc3/20370_1231770992544_1177209439_30611429_2492771_n. jpg

Passengers.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs196.snc3/20370_1231771032545_1177209439_30611430_3970981_n. jpg

54inches
01-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Driver's foot well rust.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs196.snc3/20370_1231771072546_1177209439_30611431_579503_n.j pg

After some trimming.
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs176.snc3/20370_1231771272551_1177209439_30611436_6409976_n. jpg

Anyone have a floor board that they can cut up that area above?????

I reallly do not want to have to form 3 compound curves for that area. :D:(

Vigo
01-25-2010, 12:33 PM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=614582#post614582

^this is why i got excited when i thought you scored ACR wheels for $150.

54inches
01-25-2010, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I saw that awhile back. :)

54inches
01-28-2010, 02:37 PM

Check you paypal! :D

jaysshelby
01-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Check you paypal! :D

you sent it to my email addy which is not used for my paypal account. sent you an email.

54inches
02-08-2010, 04:19 PM
WANTED: Bushing that slides over the connecting rod that attaches the door handle to the door latch.

I replaced the exterior door handle and the bushing was busted, but still holding everything together.

Also, are these cars always this hard to open, even after replacing the handles?

Thanks guys!

shelbymonster
02-09-2010, 11:03 AM
WANTED: Bushing that slides over the connecting rod that attaches the door handle to the door latch.

I replaced the exterior door handle and the bushing was busted, but still holding everything together.

Also, are these cars always this hard to open, even after replacing the handles?

Thanks guys!

i had that problem and broke a brand new handle from dealer at 90 $ ...
ive fixed the hard opening issue by oiling the door latch , look for a little hole and spay gigaloo in it and problem solved !!

jaysshelby
02-10-2010, 10:30 AM

Thanks guys!

I have some of those bushings:D

JohnnyIroc
02-10-2010, 05:10 PM
not sure if this trick works on L bodies but a few local guys have told me that changing out the pins really gets rid of the door sag and makes the door open very easily

54inches
02-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Jay, I need two of those bushings AND the center console!

John,

FORTUNATLEY, the doors are not sagging but squeeks like a MFer! I just need the bushings for the rod that attaches the door handle to the door latch, not the door hinge piun .

Understood?

JohnnyIroc
02-11-2010, 12:17 AM
i understand i was reading just this

and figured it was the same thing

54inches
02-11-2010, 10:33 PM
VIGO, got cash! Can you send me those rear brakes? No time to get to SA!!!!!

Vigo
02-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Ohh, uhh how bout i bring them to you in a few weeks? Im coming to houston in 2-3 weeks to pick up a car.

54inches
02-13-2010, 12:23 AM
BOOyah, that's what I am talking about. Can you bring me some of those free 5 lug wheels, seats, and whatever else you had mentioned?

Vigo
02-13-2010, 10:41 PM
I will see how much i can fit.. I may be catching a ride in a friend's car so its all up in the air right now.

I'll let you know exact details on how much im able to bring when i know the exact timeline.

54inches
02-14-2010, 02:04 PM
No worries at all brother! Thank YOU again so much!!!!

54inches
02-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Well, no REAL updates, but I got the garage cleaned out, so I could move the R'age inside, so when they deliver my NEW Quincy Air Compressor, everything is out of the way!!!! :)

54inches
02-27-2010, 01:31 AM
Well, it was a beautiful day in Paradise, so I grabbed the chance.

First oder of business, MORE rust repair.

Donor Roof Panel; Driver's side
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs518.snc3/27188_1259723211332_1177209439_30667543_3246550_n. jpg

Where it needs to go:
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs498.ash1/27188_1259723251333_1177209439_30667544_6895323_n. jpg

Read and Blue Patch panels in place:
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs498.ash1/27188_1259723291334_1177209439_30667545_6437905_n. jpg

Old metal removal:
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs498.snc3/27188_1259723331335_1177209439_30667546_7321608_n. jpg

No going back now:
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs518.snc3/27188_1259723371336_1177209439_30667547_8250684_n. jpg

And what I found:
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs498.ash1/27188_1259723451338_1177209439_30667548_7605609_n. jpg
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs518.snc3/27188_1259723491339_1177209439_30667549_3992035_n. jpg

2nd layer under outer roof panel, rust removed:
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs518.snc3/27188_1259723531340_1177209439_30667550_3419613_n. jpg
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs498.ash1/27188_1259723571341_1177209439_30667551_1844151_n. jpg

Patch panels in place:
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs498.ash1/27188_1259723651343_1177209439_30667553_6668867_n. jpg

Outer patch in place:
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs498.snc3/27188_1259723691344_1177209439_30667554_8217065_n. jpg

Gaps:
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs498.ash1/27188_1259723731345_1177209439_30667555_1990068_n. jpg

That gaps looks wide, but I have adjusted it and everything lines up now and it looks decent.

I have to get some Zinc spray for the back of the panels, to proibit rust in the future.

That's all.

Badger
02-27-2010, 01:35 AM
wow...that looks like a lot of work! good thing you know how to do that kind of stuff......Id hate to imagine what a shop would charge to fix that.

54inches
02-27-2010, 03:32 AM
About $90 an hour. :)

Thanks bud!

I am self taught. Cut, weld, grind, repeat!

54inches
02-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Hard at it again today.

Driver's side tacked in place:
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs518.snc3/27188_1260475470138_1177209439_30669541_107429_n.j pg
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs498.ash1/27188_1260475510139_1177209439_30669542_1216260_n. jpg

Getting the passenger side ready:
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs518.snc3/27188_1260475670143_1177209439_30669546_811054_n.j pg
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs498.ash1/27188_1260475870148_1177209439_30669551_4193955_n. jpg

You can see the surface rust of the roof here.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs518.snc3/27188_1260475910149_1177209439_30669552_7621231_n. jpg

Mock up:
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs498.snc3/27188_1260475950150_1177209439_30669553_5160414_n. jpg
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs498.snc3/27188_1260475990151_1177209439_30669554_897701_n.j pg

Alot of work, not too many pics.:D

JohnnyIroc
02-27-2010, 10:16 PM
wow man awesome work!!
:clap:

54inches
02-28-2010, 01:12 AM
Thanks! It is really coming along. My 7 yr old had a blast taking the pics.

JohnnyIroc
02-28-2010, 01:35 AM
snap any shots of the suburban?

54inches
02-28-2010, 11:15 AM
I have a ton:

http://www.texas4x4.org/gallery/A

There's some on Facebook as well.

My favorite:

http://www.texas4x4.org/gallery/albums/album438/50sRear.sized.jpg

2.216VTurbo
02-28-2010, 11:49 AM
I gotta say 54 I'm somewhere between mucho respect and pity for you on this project:lol:. We just don't deal with rusty projects out here and I'm amazed by how much freakin work they are:eek: So hats off to you for your efforts to save a trucklett:clap:

Since I put some 33's on my DD the Touareg, I've kinda been noticing bigger tires on rigs. I gotta admit it is kinda fun to hop over curbs and such but I haven't had a chance to do any offroading with them just yet:eyebrows: Jeeps seem to run about 35's most of the time and sometimes 37's but that thing is pretty lifted to run those. I saw this Toyota at a show a few weeks ago and snapped a pic just for you (put it in another thread but forgot to tell you about it;)) I figured they had to be what 54's looked like on a rig but they are 'only' 46's:D I still have yet to see 54's on anything short of a monster truck around here;) Keep the build pics coming, you son is doing a good job with them so far. Enjoy.

54inches
02-28-2010, 02:44 PM
I gotta say 54 I'm somewhere between mucho respect and pity for you on this project:lol:. We just don't deal with rusty projects out here and I'm amazed by how much freakin work they are:eek: So hats off to you for your efforts to save a trucklett:clap:

Since I put some 33's on my DD the Touareg, I've kinda been noticing bigger tires on rigs. I gotta admit it is kinda fun to hop over curbs and such but I haven't had a chance to do any offroading with them just yet:eyebrows: Jeeps seem to run about 35's most of the time and sometimes 37's but that thing is pretty lifted to run those. I saw this Toyota at a show a few weeks ago and snapped a pic just for you (put it in another thread but forgot to tell you about it;)) I figured they had to be what 54's looked like on a rig but they are 'only' 46's:D I still have yet to see 54's on anything short of a monster truck around here;) Keep the build pics coming, you son is doing a good job with them so far. Enjoy.

Thanks for the respect, but as I tell everyone, it's just metal.:D

My Suburban will be able to hop over cars when I am done, but it WON'T be one of those that has a TON of extra lift and looks ridiculous and never sees action.

It will be big and low at the same time with a concentration of safety for the family and the ability to drive everyday on the highway if needs be.

54inches
02-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Those are not 46s on that toyota, MAYBE 44s and he sees NO action, that is a Mall Krawler/POSER.

There is a shot of some real trucks in the link above. My wife is standing in front of a nice capable rig.

Most true monster trucks runs 63" tires.

54inches
02-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Here you go:

http://www.texas4x4.org/gallery/albums/album386/Picture_030.sized.jpg

Vigo
02-28-2010, 03:12 PM
It will be big and low at the same time with a concentration of safety for the family and the ability to drive everyday on the highway if needs be.

It will be a RARE bird indeed if thats the case. Props to you for focusing on safety!

95% likely ill be coming into houston area Saturday afternoon/evening March 6th and probably staying til sunday. Im going to see how much stuff i can cram into the ride im bumming! Im coming to pick up a car im buying and hitching a ride over there in a friend's car.

If you're busy i can probably drop all the stuff at FWDP and you can pick it up later. If you're NOT busy im crashing your driveway to check out the rampage project :nod:

JohnnyIroc
02-28-2010, 03:30 PM
i like the removable top man that is badass!

54inches
02-28-2010, 09:33 PM
It will be a RARE bird indeed if thats the case. Props to you for focusing on safety!

95% likely ill be coming into houston area Saturday afternoon/evening March 6th and probably staying til sunday. Im going to see how much stuff i can cram into the ride im bumming! Im coming to pick up a car im buying and hitching a ride over there in a friend's car.

If you're busy i can probably drop all the stuff at FWDP and you can pick it up later. If you're NOT busy im crashing your driveway to check out the rampage project :nod:

Most people that are in the know, do NOT try o lift it as high as possible, just enough to fit the tires. I am also raising my fenderwells 2-4", so I do not have to lift anymore. Also loosing my rocker panels and plating the bottoms and widening the fenders.

I will do my best to be available, but I had a huge client thrown at me last week and I am not sure what my schedule will be that weekend.

I have my fingers and toes crossed.

I also should have my new QUINCY 60 gallon Compressor installed by that time and so I will be Abrasive blasting all weekend if I am off, so we can def hang out!!!! I would normally say we could drink some beer, BUT I went and gave up alcohol for Lent. :)

i like the removable top man that is badass!

Thanks bud. I had the idea about 16 years ago and when I finally got the Suburban, that is the first modification that I did.

Then, I got online and found that it was not an original idea. Several of us around the country were attempting it at the same time.

There are only a few NICE ones out there, including mine.:D:eyebrows:

Here is todays work:

OK, there is some damage to the driver's rear bed/bedside, so my idea was to brace it from the inside to straighten it out.

I got some T iron, drilled holes in the inside of the bed to plug weld.

Here are the holes:
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs390.snc3/23789_1261360292258_1177209439_30671508_4541449_n. jpg

T iron:
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs430.ash1/23789_1261360332259_1177209439_30671509_1717902_n. jpg

Drill locations for plug welds:
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs370.snc3/23789_1261360372260_1177209439_30671510_468283_n.j pg

Clamped in place:
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs430.ash1/23789_1261360412261_1177209439_30671511_1373360_n. jpg

And welded; ran out of gas!!!!
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs370.snc3/23789_1261360492263_1177209439_30671512_1388073_n. jpg

Vigo
02-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Well like i said, i can probably arrange to drop it off semi-local and you can then pick it up when you can if it comes to that.

No worries on the beer thing, i dont drink. I rock the SODA POP! :p

Congrats on the 60 gallon compressor.. That'll make your life a lot better with projects like this one!

black86glhs
02-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Nice work. I know the drip rails can leak, but wow! That is some serious rot. Are you using a weld thru primer? Is that a 110 or 220 volt Hobart?

54inches
02-28-2010, 10:07 PM
I am using a galvanizing primer, works the same....220v Hobart.

All the area I am working on, arre reachable to prime afterwards as well.

No more drip rails, to, er, drip....

black86glhs
02-28-2010, 10:14 PM
I thought about removing the drip rails on my GLHS, but think the 4dr would look rather silly. Should look pretty good on the trucklet.:clap:

54inches
02-28-2010, 10:22 PM
Thanks bud!

BTW, the Hobart is a 187, forgot to add that. You can see my Scat Blast 780 with the Soda Blast Attachment.

Now just waiting on my Quincy Air Compressor, which should be in tomorrow or Tuesday.

black86glhs
02-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Thanks bud!

BTW, the Hobart is a 187, forgot to add that. You can see my Scat Blast 780 with the Soda Blast Attachment.

Now just waiting on my Quincy Air Compressor, which should be in tomorrow or Tuesday.

I would love to have a 60 Gallon compressor, but I have limited space. The 25 gallon one I have does the job pretty well. Converted it to 220V.
Quincy...nice and heavy duty.

54inches
02-28-2010, 10:59 PM
For blasting and painting I need the 2 stage, 60 gallon and I try to always buy the best tools, so I got the Quincy, plus I love blue.

54inches
03-01-2010, 11:17 PM
I got my Air Compressor in today!

I am FN stoked!

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs390.snc3/23789_1262326076402_1177209439_30673672_4131539_n. jpg
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs370.snc3/23789_1262326116403_1177209439_30673673_5943916_n. jpg
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs370.snc3/23789_1262326156404_1177209439_30673674_2374708_n. jpg
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs390.snc3/23789_1262326196405_1177209439_30673675_2797035_n. jpg

black86glhs
03-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Man thats pretty!!!:wow1:

135sohc
03-02-2010, 12:10 AM
Go big or go home !

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs370.snc3/23789_1262326116403_1177209439_30673673_5943916_n. jpg

The three words I love to see :amen:

Vigo
03-02-2010, 01:12 AM
15.2cfm @175psi.. i love you. lol.

i love 175 psi in general. There's nothing i CANT break with my IR titanium and 175 psi :)

54inches
03-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Thanks guys!

Bad news on the compressor. I noticed today that it was damaged in shipping, pretty bad. I have been depressed all day and did not have time to call them today.

I am sure they are going to have to take it back and get me a new one.

Not real sure.

It really sux as I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO stoked yesterday.

black86glhs
03-03-2010, 02:03 AM
You should be fine, bud. Where was the damage?

54inches
03-03-2010, 10:51 PM
The left head, was damaged as was the intercooler and the high pressure valve off of the intercooler was sheered off.

I got a call today that the semi truck that originally was delivering the compressors was in a SEVERE accident and it actually turned over.

Instead of returning the load back to the companies of origin, they went ahead and delivered all of the damaged merchandise.

I will be getting a new one very soon.

Vigo
03-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Wow, bad call on someone's part. It'll cost em more in the long run too. Silly.

54inches
03-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Yep! It is going to cost a refund from the shipping company to me.

Have you made a schedule for this weekend? No rush, just wondering.

I do have to work, but I might be able to meet sometime in between.

Thanks!

Vigo
03-04-2010, 03:30 AM
The vague plan right now is to get into houston sometime saturday evening, but i dont know how hectic it will be once i get there. Sunday is wide open as far as i know.. The only reason ill be there sunday is so i dont have to drive home in the middle of the night, and ive got a free bed to crash in, so why not!

Id be perfectly happy to just dump stuff in your driveway if you cant make it home. This stuff would be a ----- to get to you unless you came to SA, so id like to make it happen on this trip if possible.

54inches
03-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Awesome!

Where are you staying, I promise not to stalk you! :lol:

Again, Awesome!

I might be able to meet Saturday night, depending on your schedule or Saturday morning!

Just let me know what works for you.

54inches
03-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Adam and Mason,

It was great to meet you guys and thanks for the parts!

BTW, what were the brakes off of? I am just going to order some new calipers. :)

Vigo
03-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Oh, i forgot to tell you that!

1988 Dodge Shelby Daytona.

Good talking to you, and keep up the good work on the rampage!

54inches
03-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Awesome thanks!

Or maybe just rebuild kits.

135sohc
03-08-2010, 12:50 AM
I recently did the whole brake caliper diy rebuild vs just buying already remaned ones price comparison. The price of the rebuild parts is often equal to or more than a rebuilt caliper that comes ready to bolt on.

but that was for the less common rear ones.. ymmv

Vigo
03-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Well, these 88 are the less common type with the lever-style parking brake mechanism.

54inches
03-08-2010, 09:39 PM
I checked last night and it was $9 to rebuild or $129 for calipers. $60 was the cheapest.

54inches
03-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Started on the Rear drop and 5 lug disc brake conversion on the back on Sunday.

rampage_stu
03-18-2010, 09:08 AM
Started on the Rear drop and 5 lug disc brake conversion on the back on Sunday.

I will be doing this shortly to my turbo rampage project as well. I will be using 87 daytona brake setup. Could you take some detailed pictures and post them? It would be nice to have detailed instructions on how to do this conversions... I haven't seen much on it elsewhere.

-stu

54inches
03-18-2010, 08:37 PM
Sure!!!!

I am using the brakes off of a 1988 Shelby Daytona.

I have already removed the rear brakes and I am going to do the drop before I finish the brakes, but I will take pics regardless.

BTW a friend has some 195-55-16 Dunlap Direzza DZ101s that have like 95% treadlife from what I have seen, but I can measure if need be.

Anyone need any tires?

54inches
03-19-2010, 05:33 PM
OMG, I just reread my entire thread and I OWE Vigo (Mason) an apology!

DUDE, I never paid you for the brakes and I just realized it. Shoot me over your Paypal addy and I will get you the money ASAP.

I am really sorry bud. With all of the running of my mouth, you never reminded me about paying you. Holy SH!T I feel bad!!!!

Vigo
03-20-2010, 09:44 AM
I thought i told you? I decided i dont care about the money. I'll pull a favor some other day. :p

54inches
03-20-2010, 09:53 AM
Damn Son I am going to owe you big! Thanks bud!

54inches
03-23-2010, 08:57 PM
I am worse than a woman.

OK, after looking at the rear "axle" and how the vertical mounts for the brakes are made, I think I am going to lift it now, not lower it.

Looking at the face of the wheel, I am going to rotate the "axle" 180d, so the vertical mounts for the brakes/wheels are pointing down.

This should give me some lift. If I need to add a 1" lift block, then I will, but I don't think it will be needed?

For the front, I think I am going to go coilover sleeves and adjusters to clear taller tires along with the strut spacer I had discussed earlier.

Let the flaming begin.

AIR COMPRESSOR UPDATE:

They were supposed to ship out the new compressor yesterday and said I would be getting sometime from Wed-Friday, so I am expecting it next Tuesday!:wow1:

Vigo
03-24-2010, 04:43 PM
The strut spacer should be easy, but the big hangup will be axle angles and the axles contacting the k-frame, particularly on the passenger side. Of course you can always drop the k-frame to some extent, but you may have to drop the motor or get longer axles as well, depending on how much you want to lift it.

I am doing a super-easy/basic lift on a dynasty.. It'll have 28" tires to start. Im keeping stock minivan struts so the upper spring perch will be a limiting factor. We'll have to get them together when done and do some kind of shootout :p

For now, i would disconnect the front swaybar and the upper bolts of the passenger front strut and let that whole assembly droop down until the axle is almost hitting the k-frame. That'll be as much as you can go for show (cause you wont have any rebound travel past that) without moving the k-frame, and then you can look at how much the strut dropped and get a rough size guess for your spacer.

If the spacer is going to be several inches, you might consider just using longer minivan struts and incorporating the different upper bolt pattern of the strut top into your spacer design so that they will just bolt in. As i said, this will also let you run 28" tires without spending the extra money on a coilover conversion.

54inches
03-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Thanks bud!

Vigo
03-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Here's a picture of stock minivan struts on the Dynasty. This is with stock minivan springs so there is still rebound travel that i could get lift out of if i wanted to use coil spreaders or something. The rear suspension is stock. The rear tires are a little bigger than the fronts in this pic but they'll fit the front. The same thing would look bigger on a small rampage.

So im going to lift the front maybe an inch more and the back 2 or 3" and put same-size tires on the front. And then find something to drive it through. :p

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Vigo327/DSC04680.jpg

And then when im done i'll be able to switch to 26's without changing anything:lol:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3131/3184055504_6125c0af33.jpg

54inches
03-24-2010, 10:22 PM
What size tires are those?

54inches
03-24-2010, 10:23 PM
I will straight F you up with the Rampage on swampers!!!!!!!

Vigo
03-26-2010, 01:34 AM
215/75r15 is whats on the back of the dynasty there. I have 2 others but havent put them on the front yet. It calculates out to 27.7".

54inches
03-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Sweet.

Lower or Lift or Lower or Lift or Lower or Lift or Lower or Lift or Lower or Lift or Lower or Lift?

54inches
03-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Well, I gave it the old college try today; damn good thin I graduated! :D

I had started the rear drop last weekend and wanted to finish it up today and take some pics for anyone that needed visuals.

Here are the stock ubolts and spring plate. I reused them, but I may go lower, so I MAY get longer ones.

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs402.snc3/24404_1284688435447_1177209439_30716876_325324_n.j pg

Here you can see the driver's "axle" in place. I was getting it ready to drill the locating holes for the new bolt to go through the "axle" and spring.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs402.snc3/24404_1284688475448_1177209439_30716877_1331918_n. jpg

Passenger's
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs422.snc3/24404_1284688515449_1177209439_30716878_3501862_n. jpg

Stock brake line routing.
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs402.snc3/24404_1284688555450_1177209439_30716879_1864826_n. jpg

Ubolts in place.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs402.snc3/24404_1284688595451_1177209439_30716880_7438789_n. jpg

Here you can see the brake proportioning valve spring thingy.:D
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs402.snc3/24404_1284688635452_1177209439_30716881_7822815_n. jpg

NEW Grade 8 bolt, nut and washers to locate the spring and axle in the stock locale.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs402.snc3/24404_1284688675453_1177209439_30716882_7505236_n. jpg

Rebuilding a 88 Daytona Shelby Z Drivers Rear Caliper.
This is the rebuild kit contents and part#:
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs422.snc3/24404_1284688795456_1177209439_30716885_5278_n.jpg

Removal:
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs422.snc3/24404_1284688835457_1177209439_30716886_1531243_n. jpg
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs442.ash1/24404_1284688875458_1177209439_30716887_2823003_n. jpg
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs402.snc3/24404_1284688915459_1177209439_30716888_275647_n.j pg

Once everything is out, you have to unscrew the piston:
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs422.snc3/24404_1284689195466_1177209439_30716895_5858991_n. jpg

Inside piston chamber:
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs442.ash1/24404_1284689075463_1177209439_30716892_6336922_n. jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs422.snc3/24404_1284689115464_1177209439_30716893_4433646_n. jpg
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs422.snc3/24404_1284689155465_1177209439_30716894_250312_n.j pg

54inches
03-27-2010, 11:55 PM
Getting the old hub and other parts cleaned, greased and installed:

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs422.snc3/24404_1284688955460_1177209439_30716889_681392_n.j pg
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs402.snc3/24404_1284688995461_1177209439_30716890_6972548_n. jpg
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs422.snc3/24404_1284689035462_1177209439_30716891_5245015_n. jpg

Here is everything ALMOST together and you can see where everything NEEDS to go. Outside of the emergency brake cable, everything just needed to be tweaked.
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs402.snc3/24404_1284689235467_1177209439_30716896_4109869_n. jpg

Funny story; when I was mounting all of this, I had the passengers setup sitting right next to me all put together as a reference.

When I got to the point to actually install the caliper, I noticed it was missing the threaded pins and their rubber boots. I really thought my day was over.

I went down to the parts story with my parts in hand. I found 4 of the pins in the HELP section and I was AMAZED that they were their. They were a little different but they would work.

I went to the front to ask if he had the rubbers in stock. Sure enough they did, so I inquired about the correct pins. He had those two.

So just for SH!Ts and giggles I asked the price of the different pins as they were all the same(even the same color thread sealer. The ones from help were $15.99 a piece. The pair in the box from Brake best were $1.99, FOR THE PAIR!

Anyways:

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs402.snc3/24404_1284689275468_1177209439_30716897_879329_n.j pg

Stock ones:
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs422.snc3/24404_1284689315469_1177209439_30716898_5946960_n. jpg

I finished the drop and got the tie on and brought it back down to take a look at it. REAL low, but only has a spare on it. 175.70.15 or something like that!
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs402.snc3/24404_1284689355470_1177209439_30716899_8062382_n. jpg

Vigo
03-28-2010, 12:19 AM
Dude, SOOO glad to see you got that all put together so nice! Score on the hardware bits!!

That drop is MEAN. Its gonna be awesome!:rockon:

Still got a set of 15x6" crab wheels if you want to come get em. Couldnt bring em last time because of space issues. Theyd do for now but ideally you'd want to get something bigger to really finish it off:love: