PDA

View Full Version : Struts and shocks

BIG PSI
05-20-2006, 12:45 AM
I am going to be stripping out my son's 1991 Shadow America in the next couple of weeks and was wondering if the struts, stut tops, and rear shocks would work on my 1989 Grand Voyager SE. The struts and shocks only have 12k on them where the ones on the Mini have 153k...

Thanks
Chuck

turbovanmanČ
05-20-2006, 01:53 AM
The struts yes but it will lower the van 3.5 inches, the rear shocks-no.

BIG PSI
05-20-2006, 08:19 AM
So would lowering the van be a BAD idea ? If the front is lowered by using these struts then should I not lower the rear as well ?

Chuck

turbovanmanČ
05-24-2006, 12:19 AM
Lowering is fine but I feel 3.5 inches is too much. Mine was lowered 2 inches all around and it was perfect. Its now 2.5 inches in the front but will put it back up when I install the coil overs. I used Daytona struts and the mini springs, cut them to lower it but went a tad too far. You can lower the rear by dearching the leaf springs or someone redid the shackles to lower it.

Whorse
05-24-2006, 01:04 AM
Simon, your van is a pain in the arse to drive in town :P It bottomed out turned into a slightly angled parking spot at the bank.

I mean, I love it, but at the same time, it's just a bit too low to be comfortable. Granted, that was in February, so maybe it's better, but just my two cents (not to keep rippin on you today, but someone stupid has to keep you in check).

turbovanmanČ
05-24-2006, 01:32 AM
Simon, your van is a pain in the arse to drive in town :P It bottomed out turned into a slightly angled parking spot at the bank.

I mean, I love it, but at the same time, it's just a bit too low to be comfortable. Granted, that was in February, so maybe it's better, but just my two cents (not to keep rippin on you today, but someone stupid has to keep you in check).

It doesn't bottom out. The last time we drove it, I had the squished mini springs, now I have Daytona struts. Its very comfortable around town, :thumb: