PDA

View Full Version : In need of gold leather int. for 85-600ES

carguyray
11-10-2009, 02:01 AM
Well, the title about says it all, but I've finally gotten a car I've wanted since 1985. A fully loaded Gold 600ES convertible. I've had an 85 and an 86 LeBaron convertible before (all turbo's) and loved them! I've recently sold a couple of my collectibles and ran across this so I HAD to grab it.

The main thing I need to do is replace all the seats and I want to do that with as original material as possible.

Has anyone restored any of these (leather int.) before and/or have any suggestions on where to get the leather.

I also have to redo the top and wondered if anyone had any suggestions on where the best price/value is for one. (I actually need to do tops on 3 of my cars. Sigh!)

OTHER TOYS:
I also just bought is an 86 Lebaron GTS Turbo... Another car I really wanted back when! I'm sure I'm going to have a lot more questions on both of these soon. I'm also considering a couple other mid 80s Turbo's but don't know what I'll end up with just yet. :)

ohlarikd
11-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Congrats on the 600ES Vert! I always wanted a Silver 600ES Vert, and one was for sale recently. Tempting... but I have other cars on my list that came first.

Redoing seats I heard was like $800 for the fronts. There are a few people here that will probably chime in soon.

Derek

fuzz's84Daytona
11-12-2009, 11:23 AM
SMS Fabrics has original fabrics, they even had my 85 Omni GLH-T blue wide cord material (http://www.smsautofabrics.com/)

Call them up and they'll send you a sample for free :thumb:

carguyray
11-12-2009, 11:31 AM
FANTASTIC news on SMS... They're not far from me at all. I also had the pleasure of working with them a few years ago getting an NOS (what they told me was he LAST NOS white) vinyl top for my 69 Tbird. They were GREAT!

Good to know as I'm now looking at a 'dead' (or at least left to die) 86 600 SE trubo convert. I'll see if that one 'follows me home' (after hooking it up to a tow truck and dragging it LOL) in a week or so!

Thanks again!
Ray
(pix of the car to come soon)

rich tideswell
11-14-2009, 10:55 AM
SMS Fabrics has original fabrics, they even had my 85 Omni GLH-T blue wide cord material (http://www.smsautofabrics.com/)

Call them up and they'll send you a sample for free :thumb:

says on the site that they can match a fabric too if it's not one they already have. may have to send off a sample of the srt-4 cloth.....

Mopar318
11-15-2009, 01:47 AM
What style are the seats? Can you post a picture?

cordes
11-15-2009, 02:14 AM
You may get lucky and stumble across a Mark Cross interior. I have seen a couple in JYs which were in perfect shape. I'm sure those are long gone now, and I wasn't in the position to take them at the time unfortunately.

Good luck in your search.