PDA

View Full Version : one more ? Lbody Guys

SpoolinGLH
05-18-2006, 11:10 PM
well after going over every last mount in this car..... i thought i was done asking stupid questions.... but one last one... is the power steering bracket different in the Lbodys??? I know any bracket will bolt to the block but is the Lbody bracket specific? If so i will have to go to the junk yard to pick one up.... this car had a PS rack without a PS pump and bracket:evil:

4cefedomni
05-18-2006, 11:19 PM
i have a minivan engine complete with original pump in my omni so i would say almost any bracket would work but be careful of the 6 turbo engines i have had all but one had the same bracket the odd one i believe came out of an 88 lancer.

SpoolinGLH
05-18-2006, 11:24 PM
ok so they must be the same then...thanks..

85shelbycharger
05-19-2006, 12:17 AM
There are two different style brackets I believe. I think in '89 they started using a two piece bracket. I've read somewhere, however, that no matter what one you use, it'll work.

cordes
05-19-2006, 02:25 PM
There are two different style brackets I believe. I think in '89 they started using a two piece bracket. I've read somewhere, however, that no matter what one you use, it'll work.

Correct. So long as you use the proper bracket for the pump you should be good.

WVRampage
05-19-2006, 05:21 PM
well after going over every last mount in this car..... i thought i was done asking stupid questions.... but one last one... is the power steering bracket different in the Lbodys??? I know any bracket will bolt to the block but is the Lbody bracket specific? If so i will have to go to the junk yard to pick one up.... this car had a PS rack without a PS pump and bracket:evil:
Im not sure about the bracket My car came as yours did and the bracket was laying on the floor so I hooked it all up and after some problems it all came back off and has been that way for a few years now.

GLHSKEN
05-19-2006, 06:08 PM
The brackets for the pumps are "pump" specific. Not car specific.

SpoolinGLH
05-19-2006, 10:47 PM
cool..that clears that up.. thanks all