PDA

View Full Version : Na ---> Tiii

CletusJones
05-18-2006, 03:17 AM
In the next couple of months, if I can get the shop time, I'll be doing a TIII conversion to my 87 Daytona. My car is a base model 2.5 with an A520. I've got the front half of a 91 Spirit R/T that I'm going to pull the entire drivetrain out of.

Can I still use my stock k-member and suspension bits or will I have to use the spirit's?
Will all the motor/trans mounts line up?
How can I integrate the 91 electronics into my car's current setup without looking evident? I don't want to put an airbag system in the car and would like to retain my stock 87 analog guages. Is it possible to rewire the cluster with the new electronics?

Is there anything on the car that should be beefed up?
How wide of a tire can i put on there? I was thinking about running crab wheels.

What else needs to be done?

Pat
05-18-2006, 06:10 AM
In the next couple of months, if I can get the shop time, I'll be doing a TIII conversion to my 87 Daytona. My car is a base model 2.5 with an A520. I've got the front half of a 91 Spirit R/T that I'm going to pull the entire drivetrain out of.

Can I still use my stock k-member and suspension bits or will I have to use the spirit's?
Will all the motor/trans mounts line up?
How can I integrate the 91 electronics into my car's current setup without looking evident? I don't want to put an airbag system in the car and would like to retain my stock 87 analog guages. Is it possible to rewire the cluster with the new electronics?

Is there anything on the car that should be beefed up?
How wide of a tire can i put on there? I was thinking about running crab wheels.

What else needs to be done?

Stock K frame will work, mounts all line up but you'll need to use the '87 mounts, you can convert the '91 harness to use in the '87 if your patient and have the wiring diagrams, don't need airbags and keeping the guages is fine.

You'll love it when it's done.

CletusJones
05-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Stock K frame will work, mounts all line up but you'll need to use the '87 mounts, you can convert the '91 harness to use in the '87 if your patient and have the wiring diagrams, don't need airbags and keeping the guages is fine.
Cool.
I have the FSM from 87, I still need to source the books from 91. What would i have to adapt? Just the main connector that goes through the firewall, correct? Does anyone know what I'll have to do or can point me in the right direction?

The computer won't freak out if I don't put airbags in?

You'll love it when it's done.
I sure hope so, I can't wait to get started on this. :eyebrows: