PDA

View Full Version : smog check california and stage one

tommyturbo
10-28-2009, 12:25 AM
Ok, I have ben searching and scouring the web for info on this...and cannot find a definite anwser. Will a 03 PT GT pass cali smog with stage one? I'm not so much worried about the tail part side, as I am the P0633 Skim Key code that stage one produces. I can't find a definte anwser on if that code which isn't emmissions related will fail the obd II test or not. Have to smog the pt in dec for the first time. All the srt forum guys are talking about emissions tests in other states.

85boostbox
10-28-2009, 12:46 AM
I know here in Nashville if you have nay kind of codes tranny etc etc they fail you and wont let you pass.

butchsuppe
10-29-2009, 04:41 PM
I found out there's a TSB on that code......http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2005/08-015-05.htm. You may have to have a dealer install the vin in the ECU. I'd take a copy of the TSB when you get it smogged.

tommyturbo
10-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks! I still have the original computer, and it's easy enough to swap. I'm gonna try and see what happens somging it, and if it fails, I'll go home, swap it, drive it around so the computer get use to the bigger injectors, and go back and try it again.

Once smog is done, I'll swap it back again.

Badger
10-30-2009, 05:09 AM
thought you could send your stage 1 computer somewhere and they will get rid of that code?

tommyturbo
10-30-2009, 01:04 PM
yes, flight systems the company that did the stage one flashing of the computers. But I had no luck getting in touch with anyone there.

danristheman
11-03-2009, 06:46 PM
In Indiana we don't have emmisons inspection only in 2 counties so we are kind of lucky.

Dan Rose

Big_P
11-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Over here in RI (and we have pretty strict emissions) a tranny code will pass. This leads me to believe that another non-emissions code will pass, too.

Badger
11-04-2009, 02:23 AM
if flight systems wont help, a dealer should be able to do the same thing for ya. Might cost a little more though.

tommyturbo
11-04-2009, 02:23 PM
All the dealers near me suck. The closest one where I bought the car in dec of 02, was a pain to deal with over warranty issues and a tsb when the car was very new. I don't really want them messing around with my car. The others I went to closer to work and further from home where not much better...infact when i was trying order the stage one stuff they wanted to charge $400 over what most dealers where charging for the kits. I love turbo chrysler products, but every dealer I have ever been to just blows. No wonder so many people give domestics a bad rap.

Dusty_Duster
11-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Over here in RI (and we have pretty strict emissions) a tranny code will pass. This leads me to believe that another non-emissions code will pass, too.

Yeah, but California's CARB is staffed with nothing but Nazis. They'll fail you for having an aftermarket intake lacking a CARB exempt sticker, even though it is nearly impossible for that part to alter your emissions in any meaningful way.

I would bet money that that code would make you fail a Cali emissions test.

Badger
11-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Im almost positive you will fail unless you get that code cleared. I noticed you live in the LA area but if you really want to get it cleared try Glendora Dodge. Ive had nothing but great luck with them. They have been in business for many many years and been involved in a lot of mopar racing events. I would call them, I think they can help you.

tommyturbo
12-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Well, just an update, but took the pt with stage one to be smogged. Still has the P0633 code, and it passed just fine, super clean in fact. So just wanted to update.

Badger
12-07-2009, 04:39 AM
wow, thanks for the update. Where did you end up taking it? Im still suprised that they passed it with a code.......but who cares as long as it passed!!

tommyturbo
12-07-2009, 03:17 PM
There is a mechanic near me who does smog, I've known him a while. All I know is that the emissions numbers where clean, and no red flags popped up with the obdII test. So I'm glad about that.

tommyturbo
12-07-2009, 03:18 PM
he is in Palmdale, sorry forgot to mention that. Gio's auto diagnostics.