PDA

View Full Version : Going rich

turbo84voyager
10-27-2009, 09:43 AM
I am having a problem with my cold enrichmnent in my cal and I cant seem to get rid of it. I have played with the A B and C tables but it still happens. When I start the car cold it runs about 12.0 and slowly climbs to 14's. This will tabe about 3 mins or so then all of a sudden it will drop to the 10's or low 11s' and stay there for a while then slowly climb back up. I can notice a change in the idle when this happens. It happens all the time. After the engine is warmed up it idles fine. It did this a few times even idiling at operating temp. I would let the car idle for a few minutes and it would all of a sudden get rich and very slowly go back to normal. Is there some type of timer or table that would cause this? Its pretty consistant. If I drive it or not let it idle for a few minutes its fine.
Has anyone ever come across this? I worked out all the other bugs and it runs and starts great.

Any advice would be appreceiated.

Justin

DBB mini
11-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Do you have any codes?

turbo84voyager
11-02-2009, 11:13 PM
nope. Its in the cal. It will be iding fine at a good A/F ratio then go rich all of a sudden and slowly go back to normal.

ShelGame
11-02-2009, 11:37 PM
If you want to experiment a little, someone had the idea that the "SFDCAY_FuelStartDecayIntoRun" table should actually be scaled UP for injectors instead of down. Because it is PW removed, by making it smaller when it is scaled for injectors, the final PW is larger (ie richer).

I'd start by scaling it back to stock and see if cold starting is better. Then scale it up by the factor (Your Inj Flow Rate / 33) and see if it's even better.

DBB mini
11-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Are you running the stock fuel pressure regulator/rail dampener?

ShelGame
11-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Here's a T-SMEC v16 cal for you to try. See if this fixes the misfire. I didn't do any tuning to this at all, other than scaling for 3-bar and 52pph injectors.

Let me know how the misfire is...

turbo84voyager
11-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks Rob for your help!

I will try it this weekend and let you know.

ShelGame
11-08-2009, 10:31 AM
Any updates? How'd it go?