PDA

View Full Version : Which Harness Question

Captain Chaos
10-26-2009, 07:49 AM
I went through the two harnesses I have trying to put a harness in my Aries turbo project. What harness has a 60 way bulkhead connector to plug into the car? I have looked at an 89 H body harness but it looks like it goes through the firewall, and also an 88 Shelby Z harness that too looks like it goes through the firewall. Any help?

snoman
10-26-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm pretty sure an 87 shelby has that 60 pin. I can look at mine when I get home.
If I'm right it will be a Logic mod. car.

iTurbo
10-26-2009, 12:53 PM
The bulkhead connector is 50-pin. The SMEC/SBEC connectors are the 60-pin connectors. Most '88+ K-based underhood harnesses go through the firewall via a large rubber grommet with the actual bulkhead connector located under the dash. Most '87 and earlier K-based cars have the bulkhead connector located right on the firewall itself. On the other hand, L-bodies and van harnesses have the bulkhead right on the firewall regardless of model year.

Captain Chaos
10-26-2009, 12:54 PM
The bulkhead connector is 50-pin. The SMEC/SBEC connectors are the 60-pin connectors. Most '88+ K-based underhood harnesses go through the firewall via a large rubber grommet with the actual bulkhead connector located under the dash. Most '87 and earlier K-based cars have the bulkhead connector located right on the firewall itself. On the other hand, L-bodies and van harnesses have the bulkhead right on the firewall regardless of model year.

Exactly. My 88 Aries has the bulkhead connector. I'm guessing I need a minivan harness.:thumb:

ShelGame
10-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Too bad, I just sold my spare minivan harness...

Captain Chaos
10-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Too bad, I just sold my spare minivan harness...

I know I saw it sell last week. I thought about it Saturday when I realized what I needed and confirmed yesterday when I pulled out my harnesses.:o

snoman
10-26-2009, 01:27 PM
good to know