PDA

View Full Version : I am at a loss

t3rse
10-21-2009, 06:31 PM
I have been trying to tune my srt motor to no avail...I have SDS em3 which is an older standalone, but I had no issues getting the old 2.2 dialed in with it. Here's what I'm getting:

This is run1: http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~dberry/run1.bmp
and run2: http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~dberry/run2.bmp

I took off a charge pipe so boost is 0; it's a little rich across the board but that is fine for now...the problem is the spike...as you can see. The ONLY difference between these two runs is 10 points at 4750, which is at the beginning of the anomaly. In run 1, it spikes to 14.0...in run two it dips to 9.7...if I pull some amount of fuel in between, it spikes a little lean then goes rich, sort of like it does in run 1....lean, then real rich. It cleans back up before the next data entry point. The fuel values are really odd right now too. To get it anywhere near ok, it goes starting at 3750, 71-73-75-90-71-71-71, the 90 being the point at 4750...keep in mind the boost table is only adding fuel at 0.0 psi at the moment, and the SDS only has entry points at ever 250 rpm. So does anyone have a clue? I can feel the car break up where it dips rich, but if I pull fuel out, it goes to 15.0+, but the car feels smooth. Is there any way I am getting a consistent false lean at 4800?

I'm using an LC1 with an lma-3 for logging....I haven't turned down the sample rate for the LC1, but the gauge does average the samples and it shows less of a spike but a spike none the less....

turbo2point2
10-22-2009, 12:39 PM
It is probably where the engine is making peak torque. The SDS fuel map on my Daytona has a similar bump in the fuel map, only from 3250-3750rpm.

Remember, the engine will require more fuel at peak torque. Also the way your fuel values drop after may reinforce this.

t3rse
10-22-2009, 02:40 PM
I was thinking this could be a possible case, but where it hits the really rich spot the car breaks up a little...and I'm afraid of leaving it lean there to keep the acceleration smooth.

t3rse
10-22-2009, 05:12 PM
I took her back out today and got her to run smoothly without breaking up...pulled that 90 back to a 73 and the lean spike went away...seems that it was over fueling and getting a false lean...now the values go 70-71-72-73-72-70-69, 73 being at 4750 and there is a little rich dip there...so I'm going to put some more race piss in her and pull that value back, as it seems the max torque is maybe a little bit lower which is why she was able to consume the fuel for a second then broke up in over fuel....but she runs smooth as butter now and will chirp the hell out of second with the turbo still dumping to atmosphere. She's still quite rich running at around 11.0 with no boost.

turbo2point2
10-22-2009, 08:31 PM
I took her back out today and got her to run smoothly without breaking up...pulled that 90 back to a 73 and the lean spike went away...seems that it was over fueling and getting a false lean...now the values go 70-71-72-73-72-70-69, 73 being at 4750 and there is a little rich dip there...so I'm going to put some more race piss in her and pull that value back, as it seems the max torque is maybe a little bit lower which is why she was able to consume the fuel for a second then broke up in over fuel....but she runs smooth as butter now and will chirp the hell out of second with the turbo still dumping to atmosphere. She's still quite rich running at around 11.0 with no boost.

Glad you got it working for you. That 11.0 is way rich(which you know) for anything in vacuum. Lean those values out a bit and hook up the boost piping;)

t3rse
10-22-2009, 09:06 PM
yeah, I'm shooting for 12.8-13.2 without boost

DodgeZ
10-22-2009, 09:22 PM
megasquirt....