PDA

View Full Version : Engine: Need motor mount asap

88shadowpjct
10-20-2009, 04:54 PM
the "front" motor mount that bolts to the block broke in 2. the piece is still bolted to the block (thank god) but where it comes off it at 90degrees it sheered right off.

so i need the mount that bolts to the block
anyone have one they can part with?

thanks,
nick

Captain Chaos
10-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Assuming its for a Shadow?

1BADVAN
10-20-2009, 04:57 PM
look in the parts for sale section there are a few guys parting cars they prob have them cheap

88shadowpjct
10-20-2009, 07:00 PM
yeah 88 shadow non-cb my bad

GLHNSLHT2
10-20-2009, 07:06 PM
yea need to know what kind of car. Lbody, other cars, or van. Also year as they changed in 90. Some of them like the Shelby's and maybe 5spd's in general had an extra gusset welded on for strength. But this breakage of yours is caused by the bolts in the tranny coming loose through the mount. You need to go to the j-yard or find a mount with the factory bolts included. They have little teeth on the head so they lock down tight and won't back out.

88shadowpjct
10-20-2009, 07:29 PM
they arent the factory bolts, but they are tight and they are those bolts that are flaired with the teeth. i got them from my bolt bin at work a couple years ago when i built the car. the only think i can think of is if it was crack before. i never looked over the mounts i just figured they were good. it looks like it didnt break instantly it looks like its been weak for a while