PDA

View Full Version : I have a Mis at about 5k

WVRampage
05-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Well while I was at the track a few weeks ago doing a burn out I was thinking I must have hitthe rev limiter cause thats what it sounded like,and then I did some things that need done to it after the track,dove it today to work and got on it a bit in front of some guys I work with and then the same thing so I shifted quickly in to 2nd.Both times this has happened i didnt get a good look at the tach,so tonight on a open part of road by my house leaving a stop sign I got on it and noticed the miss starts at about 5k and gets real bad at 5500,the engine is a 2.5 with a mopar performance computer and +20s boost at time was 13psi. Also at the track I lost alot of top end at compaired to the last time it was ran.

turbovanmanČ
05-17-2006, 02:20 AM
Have you checked your coil? cap, rotor and plugs?

You could also be too rich and getting a rich misfire, I got this on the dyno. Whats your AF guage reading?

Austrian Dodge
05-17-2006, 04:38 AM
definitely check the plugs, friend of mine had the same problem (other car though) and found out that one spark had a broken electrode

WVRampage
05-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Iv got a new cap rotor and coil It may be to rich,ill turn the fuel pressure down a hair and see what happens.

Rattlesnake
05-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Iv got a new cap rotor and coil It may be to rich,ill turn the fuel pressure down a hair and see what happens.
If the ignition hardware is ok, try closing the plugs gap 5 thou.

WVRampage
05-18-2006, 12:32 AM
I was running a bit rich and I turned the fuel pressure down a little bit and now its just a little mis at 4500 and it goes away and pulls hard I will also regap the plugs and maby turn the fuel down a little more,also as soon as I can get to work on it when its not raining Im gona retard the timing a little bit.