PDA

View Full Version : WOT box?

iTurbo
10-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Have any of you guys heard of such a thing? This "WOT box" from RealTune Performance is supposed to allow no-lift shifting and take as much as .5 sec off ET. It's on sale for the rest of October for $125. Basically, it hooks up to the ingition coils and uses inputs from the clutch switch and accelerator pedal position sensor to hold RPM when you shift so you can leave your foot planted on the gas.

Here's a link with more info:

http://www.calibersrt4.net/realtune-performance/28123-wot-box-sale-5-off-reduce-your-et-up-5-tenths-results-inside.html

Was wondering what you guys thought of this, maybe even some NSRT owners that have experience with this type of thing. If I don't drag race much (at all?) is this for me? Is this bad news for the trans? Since the CSRT uses drive-by-wire, wouldn't it try to close the throttle anyway? Basically I'm only interested in this for the occasional street race.

thefitisgay
10-18-2009, 02:43 PM
i dont see why you need a box to do this... i mean its not like you hit the clutch with your right foot

shift with a kill switch

Big_P
10-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Oh man, I like the sound of that, might be worth looking into for my N/A PT

shelbydave
10-19-2009, 10:25 AM
It's basically for the Caliber SRT-4, and might be used on other cars which are "throttle by wire". When you're running WOT - foot to the floor, and you depress the clutch, the computer will close the throttle plate. The WOT box is supposed to get around that. I believe that if you bounce the rev limiter too many times, it throws a CEL though.

Big_P
10-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Ohh. Forgot about the drive-by-wire thing. :(

Keito
10-19-2009, 04:34 PM
It's made by N2MB
A few years ago a couple of guys were trying to figure out how to
get rid of the transmission code you would get if you were running a Stage 2/3 with toys.
They developed a transmission simulator.
It was for when people have to get a car's emissions checked, the scanner will throw a code for the transmission.
Stage kits with toys uses a PT Cruiser with auto PCM for the extra memory
to run the toys.
After they developed the simulator, they started their own business.

I thought for the NSRT-4 they would cut the spark for a split second during shifts.

http://www.npcompleteperformance.com/