PDA

View Full Version : Mopar Atlantic Nationals - NJ this weekend

csxt665
05-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Mopar Atlantic Nationals at Raceway Park - Englishtown, NJ.

5/20 & 5/21

I plan on towing the Couch down to have some fun. I am curious to see what numbers I can put down with the spirit of the CSX-T living in a heavier car.

Pat
05-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Are you going Saturday, Sunday or both? I'm heading up Saturday.

csxt665
05-17-2006, 06:19 AM
I'll be there for Saturday only - and plan on being there somewhere around 8am.

YAY

Pat
05-17-2006, 07:47 AM
Sounds good! Can't wait to see what you can squeeze out of that tank. Nothing more fun than a fast couch. I'll be there around 9:00...probably in the SRT4. Definitely racing!

briceturbosports
05-17-2006, 08:30 AM
i am going to be there with the five week wonder :thumb:

Marcus86GLHS
05-17-2006, 10:50 AM
if the weather forcast is dry and warm i'll be there as a spectator to video and shoot pix of the TD's...but, right now weather.com say both Sat and Sun are below normal temps and showers....we've been stuck in a rut of cold wet weather out here for over 10 days in a row now so it doesnt look good for this weekend's event.

Pat
05-19-2006, 06:32 AM
Weather forecast is looking good...I'll see you guys up there!

BadFastGTC
05-19-2006, 09:58 AM
I'll be heading out to meet up with Brian Slowe and possibly Mike Marra. Cross your fingers the weather holds out. I'm going strictly as moral support.

Weather forecast is looking good...I'll see you guys up there!

csxt665
05-19-2006, 07:35 PM
Sweet deal. The truck and trailer are all loaded up. Time to stress test some parts!

See everyone in the AM.

briceturbosports
05-21-2006, 10:47 AM
had a great day ran a best of 12.4 and also a great turn out pat,steve,donavan,john j , marcus , slowe, mike m, and even james reeves from ohio was there i know i forgot a lot but i am bad with names it was a great time and a great day it was nice to have a good turn out and see every one :thumb:

Marcus86GLHS
05-21-2006, 10:52 AM
excellent news, 12.4...nice......pix or videos?

i was actually not there (me = marcus) maybe you were thinking of Dave D (silver glht) not that we look even remotely the same but are both from CT.

csxt665
05-21-2006, 01:01 PM
I had fun as well. Catching up with everyone was great!

The Couch mustered a best of a 13.5 @ 100 with a severe rich-running condition (couldn't get above 1190^F EGT's) and couldn't make over 21psi for some reason on the G-valve. Not bad considering that's my street boost setting, and the car wasn't running right at all.

I figured I'd try the "all of it" setting to see if it was in fact a G-valve issue for the lack of boost, but I didn't get to find out. I did a nice 2nd gear burnout, release the e-brake to smoke 'em out of the waterbox, and BOOM! The tranny GRENADED. It appears the diff let go (probably the pin first), caught the pressure plate, and the PP launched parts out. Exit areas are in the top and bottom of the tranny. It looks like one of the spider gears is missing too!

Great day, great weather, and spectacular parts failures.

Pat
05-21-2006, 08:54 PM
Great time here also...weather held out nicely, lots of TD guys showed up, track was nice and there was quite a few FWD cars racing. I made it to the semi finals of the brackets with the SRT-4, where I redlighted with a -.033. I saw the redlight and figured, well, I lost, so I might as just run out the pass and see what it does. I ran a 13.40 @ 100.9 on a 13.45 dial in. Get the timeslip and at first, was thrilled since it was my best pass of the day until I saw that the guy I was running who had almost 2 seconds to look at my red light (he was dialed 11.84) red lighted worse than me! If I hadn't broken out, I would have been in the finals against Dave with his silver Omni!

csxt665
06-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Old thread update. The spiders are what let go in the tranny. One was completely gone, and a small chunk of another was all that was left. The pin was completely intact.

I cobbled up a <1000mi fresh flywheel and PP, a stock 520 with around 130,xxxmi (don't remember), and heaved it all in. I can't wait to see how long it takes to strip 3rd gear off on this one. :)

Pat
06-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Old thread update. The spiders are what let go in the tranny. One was completely gone, and a small chunk of another was all that was left. The pin was completely intact.

I cobbled up a <1000mi fresh flywheel and PP, a stock 520 with around 130,xxxmi (don't remember), and heaved it all in. I can't wait to see how long it takes to strip 3rd gear off on this one. :)

Was it a 2 or 4 pin diff?