PDA

View Full Version : T-SMEC full throttle tuning

1BADVAN
10-15-2009, 01:27 AM
I was wondering why the fuel full throttle has so few data pints to adjust and the part throttle has so many. it makes sense that you could tune it more precisely with more points, or am i just wrong? I was wondering if this was the case how can we add more points?

turbovanmanČ
10-15-2009, 02:25 AM
To me, the WOT is less finicky, so maybe that's why the less points. If you go to the KC, then calibration section, Brian tells you how to do it.

ShelGame
10-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Think of each point as a change in the target A/F. Why do you need it to change so much at WOT? If you want to really tune for WOT, you should be using the PumpEff table, not the A/F table.

1BADVAN
10-15-2009, 10:08 AM
OK that makes sense to use the pump eff. can you explain more how the WOT works?

ShelGame
10-15-2009, 11:05 AM
The 3 fuel PW tables are assuming 100% vol eff. Which means that they are really just target A/F tables (assuming a specific injector flow rate, etc.). The other tables compensate for various attributes like charge temp, VolEff, coolant temp, etc.

For part throttle and idle, though, the O2 feedback influences the A/F as well. For WOT, no feedback is used.