PDA

View Full Version : looking for a cal 2.5 +40 3bar

turbo84voyager
10-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Does anyone have a good 2.5 40+ 3bar cal? I am having a misfire problem with the latest turbonator cal. I figured I would ask before I sart from scratch.

Thanks,

Justin

turbovanmanČ
10-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Does anyone have a good 2.5 40+ 3bar cal? I am having a misfire problem with the latest turbonator cal. I figured I would ask before I sart from scratch.

Thanks,

Justin

Yeah, I have one that Rob did for me, no misfire's etc, its an older version. PM me your email and I can send it to you.

turbo84voyager
10-13-2009, 10:28 PM
I wasnt too busy this evening so I threw a new cal together using an older version of rob's cal. I modified it using the timing and fueling in the turbonator MP cal. I also made the driveabiliy changes I made in my old g-head cal. It runs good now. I still have a little fine tunning to do but I am very close. It starts like a stock 2.5 ( no smoke or surging) and there are no hesitations running. I have to lean out the idle a little as it is rich at idle and a little too rich right off idle. I am going to play with it over the next few days and if I get it right I will post it.

DBB mini
10-13-2009, 10:32 PM
How are you going to lean out the idle? Fuel pressure?

turbo84voyager
10-13-2009, 10:51 PM
No I leave the fuel pressure alone for the most part. I need to look back at my notes but I was able to do it in my older cals. I think it was the fuel baseline table and the part throttle fuel since I am a little rich right off idle. I also need to fine tune the cold enrichment A,B,C a little more ( I didnt adjust them as much as I did on my g-head cal).

whywoody
10-13-2009, 11:27 PM
I'm curious about the cold A,B,and C enrichment tables.Can you tell me when they are used? For example,is the A table used when the engine is coldest,then B as it warms and C as it warms further?
Thanks.

DBB mini
10-13-2009, 11:34 PM
No I leave the fuel pressure alone for the most part. I need to look back at my notes but I was able to do it in my older cals. I think it was the fuel baseline table and the part throttle fuel since I am a little rich right off idle. I also need to fine tune the cold enrichment A,B,C a little more ( I didnt adjust them as much as I did on my g-head cal).

I would like to know how to adjust the idle a/f as well, if you know how?...:D I tried the baseline, part throttle, cold enrichment A,B, and C, still idles at 10:1

Coy

whywoody
10-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Would the pumping efficiency table have effect here?

turbovanmanČ
10-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Would the pumping efficiency table have effect here?

Yes, the pump eff and part wot tables will affect idle, I had mine too low and it was too lean and gave me a bog.

I'm curious about the cold A,B,and C enrichment tables.Can you tell me when they are used? For example,is the A table used when the engine is coldest,then B as it warms and C as it warms further?
Thanks.

ABC are used together for cold starting and running, Rob told me you kinda have to tweak each one.

turbo84voyager
10-14-2009, 08:39 PM
You need to play with the A, B and C tables quite a bit. It is best to look at the flow chart as to how each one works. I needed to drop mine quite a bit.

1BADVAN
10-14-2009, 11:55 PM
any link to that "flow chart"

ShelGame
10-15-2009, 08:39 AM
It's in the T-SMEC thread, post #1...