PDA

View Full Version : Code help

DBB mini
10-12-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm getting the following codes in this order;12,33,13,34,22,52,13,55. The 12 is my battery disconneced recently, the 22 is from when I set the timing yesterday coolant sensor disconnected, the 52 is probably from idling too rich 85pph injectors on a 52pph base tune, then the 13 again. I'm running a gm 3bar map I bought from fwd performance, makes me wonder if it's compatible with my tune. I need some help to get this thing running right. It idles pig rich and the only control I have is fuel pressure, I can't see any way of adjusting idle fuel on my d-cal. I tried to do a base tune in turbonator, but it won't take throttle at all.:confused2: Every tune I try from scratch won't run as good as the one I currently have. I'm running a base fuel pressure of 40psi, vacuum disconnected. Any suggestions?

roachjuice
10-12-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm getting the following codes in this order;12,33,13,34,22,52,13,55. The 12 is my battery disconneced recently, the 22 is from when I set the timing yesterday coolant sensor disconnected, the 52 is probably from idling too rich 85pph injectors on a 52pph base tune, then the 13 again. I'm running a gm 3bar map I bought from fwd performance, makes me wonder if it's compatible with my tune. I need some help to get this thing running right. It idles pig rich and the only control I have is fuel pressure, I can't see any way of adjusting idle fuel on my d-cal. I tried to do a base tune in turbonator, but it won't take throttle at all.:confused2: Every tune I try from scratch won't run as good as the one I currently have. I'm running a base fuel pressure of 40psi, vacuum disconnected. Any suggestions?

get ahold of rob (shel-game) he knows how. he is the smec/sbec master.

DBB mini
10-12-2009, 08:49 PM
PM sent.

turbovanman²
10-13-2009, 02:02 AM
You probably need to scale the injectors properly and everything will fall into place.

I don't think there is an idle fuel control or if there is, I was told not to mess with it, lol.

roachjuice
10-13-2009, 01:08 PM
You probably need to scale the injectors properly and everything will fall into place.

I don't think there is an idle fuel control or if there is, I was told not to mess with it, lol.

the program will not open in chem. only in d cal. his 2.5 +40 3 bar g head cal is the only one that actually works decent to drive around the block. all others will not work.

DBB mini
10-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Well it looks like Rob is helping me. He da man. This would probably have less problems if I didn't have the 85pph injectors, no DOHC, and no mods on top of that, and if I had more knowledge. Hopefully Rob can get me one close enough to tune in d-cal. If I figure out what the problem was I'll post it FYI.:thumb:

Coy

turbovanman²
10-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Well it looks like Rob is helping me. He da man. This would probably have less problems if I didn't have the 85pph injectors, no DOHC, and no mods on top of that, and if I had more knowledge. Hopefully Rob can get me one close enough to tune in d-cal. If I figure out what the problem was I'll post it FYI.:thumb:

Coy

Excellent, :nod:

DBB mini
10-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Well one problem I found with the help of Rob. My battery checks 13.95V while running, map sensor reads 5.05V and 4.9V while running.WTF?? It checks 12.6V engine off. :confused2:

DBB mini
10-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Correction. Now the map checks 4.98 feed and .55 return while idling.

MopàrBCN
10-19-2009, 06:02 PM
I suppose you've done it already, but just in case, given that there are codes still present from previous known conditions you should clear the memory by disconnecting the battery at least a couple of minutes to go for sure that the codes you are getting are the ones which are current!

DBB mini
10-20-2009, 10:12 PM
I suppose you've done it already, but just in case, given that there are codes still present from previous known conditions you should clear the memory by disconnecting the battery at least a couple of minutes to go for sure that the codes you are getting are the ones which are current!

Yeah the only current one with the g-head cal is code 13. With the turbonator cals is code 53 and 13. Still haven't figured it out.

turbovanman²
10-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Yeah the only current one with the g-head cal is code 13. With the turbonator cals is code 53 and 13. Still haven't figured it out.

Check the baro solenoid, that gave me phantom code 13's, plus it would cutout under boost and sometimes run like azz.

DBB mini
10-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Check the baro solenoid, that gave me phantom code 13's, plus it would cutout under boost and sometimes run like azz.

I tried bypassing the baro on the vac side, hooking up the map to straight manifold, no change. I ran my map on roachjuice's omni, ran good on his car. I ran a scan on my minivan, showed 1.45 key on, engine off. Showed .5 idling. I don't cutout at all under boost, in fact it runs great in boost. Tps 1.15 throttle closed

DBB mini
10-22-2009, 09:22 PM
I checked the map plug in. A=grnd B=4.06V C=4.98V. Does anyone know if the B(signal) should be reading that way unplugged?

DBB mini
10-22-2009, 10:40 PM
I got rid of my code 13 and my pig rich idle. I pinched the vac line to the fuel pressure regulator, boom it idled perfect at 900rpm and 15.0afs. Take the vise grips off, back to 10.2afs and high idle. I did the ol suction test to the fpr, didn't leak. I didn't make a provision for a fuel dampener on my fuel rail, and I can see the 255 pump flutter the pressure about 2psi. I think the fluctuation in the regulator is affecting the vac signal to the map, which is on the same line. I'm gonna run a separate line to the fpr, apart from the map tomorrow and see if this fixes it. Thanks to everyone for your help, I'll post again if my theory is confirmed.

Coy

DBB mini
10-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Ok so today I routed the fpr to a different manifold source, not sharing with the map, and it runs good now, no cel. :thumb:

turbovanman²
10-23-2009, 11:54 PM
Awesome, glad you fixed it. I did run the MAP on its own line but made no difference for me. :o

roachjuice
10-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Awesome, glad you fixed it. I did run the MAP on its own line but made no difference for me. :o

he has Ron Jeremy fuel lines. it was pulsing.

DBB mini
10-24-2009, 03:39 PM
he has Ron Jeremy fuel lines. it was pulsing.

:eyebrows: