PDA

View Full Version : TU/Paul's cal

Rattlesnake
05-13-2006, 04:57 PM
You probably are waiting for you cal and it is taking forever, right:banghead: ? Trust me, your wait will be rewarded with something like this:D :D :D :D . You first have to understand that Paul does this by himself, he doesn't have any help. He does hi quality work. I've never felt my car stronger than now with the custom cal he did for me. I had to adjust me driving to this new beast that he unleashed.
"Power means nothing if you don't have a brain to use it right" and that is where Mr Vellicky is very good at.
Give the guy some rope and be patient, your custom cal will be the single most bang for your money upgrade. You will notice all the capabilities of your upgrades after you install your custom cal.

A satisfied customer:thumb:

Reinaldo Moloon

WOP'R
05-13-2006, 08:50 PM
glad to see you got the cal:thumb:

now what about the sound clip with the boompipe you got installed?

Rattlesnake
05-13-2006, 10:23 PM
glad to see you got the cal:thumb:

now what about the sound clip with the boompipe you got installed?

I'm sorry wop'r, but I didn't have time but I'll tell you what happened. My plan was to get the cal 3-4 days before my track day and go to the dyno and do some final tunning on the cal but I got it the same day I had to go to the track. So I get there Friday, Saturday at 10.00am is my first session. Go out and my car is over booting and was breaking up past 30psi(it was mapped for 30) so I couldn't keep the throttle down and I had to short shift to prevent the overboosting issue. Second session, bring boost down too low, 12psi. Car felt VERY STRONG, take a look at the Dawes A/F meter and the yellow light is on at full throttle, the session before it would go to blue after 20psi. Glanced at the EGT and it is at 1450F, did 2 more laps and EGT read 1500+. Half way of the session look at EGT and:eek: the meter was pegged at 1600F then I see smoke coming into the cabin and at the next corner I see my number with a black flag so I pitted. The gasket between the turbo and the manifold gave up because of the heat and since I didn't have a support on the middle of the exhaust it bent down and was touching the asphalt, that boom pipe is heavy compared to other pipes. Also my exhaust cracked in three places, it was also victim of the high temps. So, out of 6 sessions I only did one and a half and called it quits.
Now I'm working in a much shorter and wider exhaust. One thing I tell you, it sounded awesome. I got a lot of complements on the sound of the car, specially on decel.

Mike_Shepard
05-14-2006, 11:20 PM
Yea I got to meet Chris and Paul at the local dyno tune this past saturday and WoW paul is very good at work'n majik on numbers he got scott slasky's car running awesome. I look forward to ordering from him as soon as time becomes more availible for him

turbovanmanČ
05-15-2006, 02:15 AM
Wish he would come this side of the country so he can fix his cal and tune my van, :(

John B
05-15-2006, 11:42 AM
You're not even in the country Simon! But I feel your pain. My Shadow is dead in the garage waiting on a cal.

Chris W
05-15-2006, 12:14 PM
Wish he would come this side of the country so he can fix his cal and tune my van, :(

Simon,

Talk to the guy who spearheaded our Ohio TU Dyno Day event. All you need to do is get 5 other TD guys to commit to a dyno day and we will set something up.

Chris-TU

turbovanmanČ
05-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Simon,

Talk to the guy who spearheaded our Ohio TU Dyno Day event. All you need to do is get 5 other TD guys to commit to a dyno day and we will set something up.

Chris-TU

If all I need is 6 guys to get Paul here, thats simple and very easy-I hope. Just let me know when he can show up and I'll get it arranged.

powermaxx
05-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Simon,

Chris-TU

Hhhmmm.... How many TD'rs close to Denver CO???? Or maybe I'll just buy 5 slots for me.....;)

BadAssPerformance
05-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Simon,

Chris-TU

So if it is 6 in Canada is it only 5 in the states? ;)

Austrian Dodge
05-15-2006, 01:40 PM
and how much over here in europe? :lol:

Chris W
05-15-2006, 08:43 PM
and how much over here in europe? :lol:

In your case it would be cheaper to just bring your car over here. :D

Chris-TU

Will Martin
05-16-2006, 12:14 AM
If all I need is 6 guys to get Paul here, thats simple and very easy-I hope. Just let me know when he can show up and I'll get it arranged.

I understand it's a cost thing, have to make it worth the trip. I'm definitely in for a dyno tune day, and I'm willing to pay 'extra'. I can definitely be counted in, so that's Simon and myself, I can only think of maybe 2 others that would have the money. ;)

turbovanmanČ
05-16-2006, 12:16 AM
I understand it's a cost thing, have to make it worth the trip. I'm definitely in for a dyno tune day, and I'm willing to pay 'extra'. I can definitely be counted in, so that's Simon and myself, I can only think of maybe 2 others that would have the money. ;)

I would pay extra too, I am sure I could think of 4 others. Boost Geek, the 2 Omni's floating around here and Hemidare might be in? I am going to start a thread on all 3 sites and hope we can get enough, heck, 4 people would be enough. Time frame and I can book the dyno.