PDA

View Full Version : Using multiple brands of jets

Reeves
09-28-2009, 02:09 PM
NOS jets have long and skinny *shanks* <that is a term made up by me for lack of a better term.

NX jets have short and fat shanks.

It seems there are multiple jets out there, but they are either short and fat, or long and skinny.

NOS nozzles have the jet hole that is skinny and deep.

NX nozzles have the jet hole that is fat and shallow.

What I'm thinking is to take the NX nozzle and drill it a little deeper. That way I can use either size jets in just about every brand out there.

The flared tops on the jets are the same. So I don't see a problem doing this unless when running a short jet in a deep hole could cause some sort of problem with the flow?

Ideas/Comments welcome! :thumb:

shelbyplaya
09-28-2009, 09:09 PM
langth and diamter of the hole will help determin flow rate. drilling the hole bigger on a short jet may increse the flow potentional of it to a point where it is uncontrolable?

This is an assumption. Why not just fork out the few dollars it is for the 'proper' jet for the nozzel you are useing.

BadAssPerformance
09-28-2009, 09:14 PM
I would run the correct jets with the correct nozzle... wouldnt want a little pocket in there to possibly interrupt the gas flow.

Reeves
01-02-2010, 06:37 PM
Ok, so which are better? NX Shark Nozzle and NX jets or NOS nozzle and NOS jets. Most of the NOS jets I have are the older brass (not plated) jets.

BadAssPerformance
01-02-2010, 08:48 PM
I've only run the NOS jets and NOS nozzles. The newer 'soft plume' fogger nozzle seemed to do the best at not suirting raw (unatomozed) fuel into the intake or at least that was my guess that it was better as it didnt backfire as much...