PDA

View Full Version : Minivan Dashboard Disassembly

The S is Silent
12-27-2005, 04:46 PM
How the heck do you get the dashboard out of a minivan? How do I remove the center consol? I'm trying to get to my e-brake pedal, and there is no way to do it. I'm starting to get really, really pissed off. There is absolutely NO room to work in there.

:censored:

Would sombody please guide me through taking this all apart?

Turbodave
12-27-2005, 05:33 PM
I've never had a minivan with a console so I'm not sure how they come out. Usually clips and screws if it's like all the other cars, but I'm sure you've already figured that out...

If you need space to work under the dash have you thought about pulling the drivers seat out? It's typically only 4 bolts and then you've got all the room in the world to lay under the dash.

I remember looking at something with the e-brake on that van a few years ago so I feel your pain, was a wiring issue back then if I remember correctly.

The S is Silent
12-27-2005, 07:02 PM
I thought about pulling the seat out...and I probably should have, and will next time...if there is a next time (God I hope not).

I know the issue you speak of. It's the switch that tells you the e-brake is on. There's a connection burried WAY in the back...and it still isn't connected because I didn't think to look for the wire. Meh, oh well.

It turns out that the steering column needed to be dropped, and the lower section of the dash needed to be removed to get enough room to work. PITA. I have to finish hooking everything back up tomorrow. BUT, you were right...just clips and screws...lol.