PDA

View Full Version : I think my Willem burner crapped out

Bubba
09-27-2009, 05:26 PM
When I try to blank check chips for 90-91 SBECs , it intermittently says not blank or blank. When it says they're blank, I try to burn a cal and it always fails. I've never burned anything other than these chips for 90-91 SBECs. My dip switches are correct.

I even tried to read a chip with a cal already present and it didn't have anything on it.

any suggestions?

bakes
09-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Get a moates burn 2 its almost adult proof. not bad price

Simon and me just got pissed off trying to reset the willems all the time

Bubba
09-27-2009, 06:29 PM
How do you "reset" a Willem? Also, I'm using 97g software. Is there a better version?

I don't use my burner enough and have to re-learn every time I go to use it. Unfortunately, today I was trying to burn a cal for a friend and gave up after 3 hours of trying.

A.J.
09-27-2009, 07:09 PM
I have the PRG-028 True-USB Willem programmer (GQ-3X) Light Pack for like $99. USB, no dip switches to mess with, and pretty easy to use even for a techno-tard like me. I had to get the USB one because I'm using a laptop that doesn't have the printer port plug.

A.J.

wowzer
09-27-2009, 07:12 PM
my willem is so finicky - i hate it. i can burn a chip, verify it ok, read it back and its wrong! also, i usually have to try to burn, erase, burn, erase numerous times before it will "take". i'm using the 97ja software version. i'm too cheap to buy another, just waiting for robs chip to make like simple.

jl93sundance
09-27-2009, 10:15 PM
same thing happened with my willem, errors everytime I try to burn a chip, I used to be able to burn chips, not any more:mad:

mcglsr2
09-28-2009, 11:18 AM
I have the PRG-028 True-USB Willem programmer (GQ-3X) Light Pack for like $99. USB, no dip switches to mess with, and pretty easy to use even for a techno-tard like me. I had to get the USB one because I'm using a laptop that doesn't have the printer port plug.

A.J.
+1

i use almost the same burner (GQ-4X) and love it. no switches, software is easy to use (and comes with the burner), no issues burning at all. uses USB for connection and power.

Bubba
09-29-2009, 04:20 PM
How can I reset my Willem burner?

turbovanmanČ
09-29-2009, 06:45 PM
Try deleting the burn program and reinstall. I had good success with this program,

http://www.mcumall.com/downloads/download.asp?DownloadID=7

I just got this burner from Moates after using Boost Geeks, they are simply awesome,

http://www.moates.net/product_info.php?products_id=197