PDA

View Full Version : Just Place my Order!

BoostMonkey
05-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Just place my order for the 3" exhaust builder kit and 5' of 3" piping! Can't wait to get this thing in my spirit! Just thought everybody should know...:p

Michael

BoostMonkey
05-17-2006, 04:08 AM
Got the order yesterday! Talk about fast! Great job RS! Everything looks GREAT! Now I just need to buy a muffler but won't have enough $$$ until a week from friday.

Michael

JMotorsprt
05-18-2006, 04:24 AM
Want to see pics. Keep us updated.

BoostMonkey
06-01-2006, 07:36 PM
Alright! Got it installed yesterday! Albeit it is just straight piped at the moment (no cat/muffler). I'm waiting for my next paycheck to buy a muffler. I got 'er done using around 4' of pipe (I think), two 90's, and one 180 bend. TIGHT fit going over the rear axle but she fits! This is the first exhaust system I've EVER done and working by myself it took me about 5 hours total labor time using a bandsaw, 110 mig welder, and a couple angle grinders. Every weld is spot on, except for my last one connecting the "over axle" pipe to the front section. Had one side butted up properly and tacked it, but I had about 1/4" gap to fill on the other side, so that weld is absolutely horrendous looking but she don't leak!

I had the car up on jackstands the entire time and welding underneath a car like that with a welding helmet SUCKS! But....

She sounds MEAN! not too bad once she warms up, but still pops and gurgles a little bit on the downshifting. I think I got a vacuum leak cause when I get into it in 3rd gear it keeps backfiring and surging (simultaneously).

Try to snap a few pics tonight...

Michael