PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 88 Shelby Z's

tommyturbo
09-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Too many projects have built up for me, and I need to narrow down to focus on finishing one. I've got 3 88 Shelby z's, and have decided I'll keep my pristine hard top, and pick one of the two t-top cars to keep and sell the other. Both cars are cali cars, no rust, and complete.

I'm also not desperate and will not just give these away, if they don't sell then I will keep them. I'm not putting prices out there, because I don't think people will pay what I believe these are worth, most of the folks on here want rusty cars with no floor boards, with questionable engines cheap, that they can simply make fast, where I have been more about restoration and preserving for the future.

Silver with t-tops. I bought this car when it was on it's last legs, would have caught fire (fuel lines and leaky injectors) and ended up in the junk yard had I not. Radiant Silver with t-tops. Mileage unknown, had 146,660 when I bought it, and the odometer was broken then. Car has rear lovers (not on it), slave cd player, turbo II and A555. The car had the engine rebuilt in 2002-2003, might have put 20k on it since? Car has Shelby valve cover and two piece intake. I have all the paperwork spent on this. Was specked out with oil pump to block and screen mods, as well as a few other things. Has a fwd stage 3 perf computer on it. Has cruise control. Suspension was done in 2004, all poly bushings from Johny Spiva, eibach lowering springs, and koni struts. Trans was rebuilt in 2007. New fuel pump, and lots of other parts. Mechanically this car runs and drives great! Paint is original and clear is flaking off, paint is toast. Interior was originally just the base velour, have fully recovered enthusiast seats to put in the car, they were recovered in a high grade naugahyde material. Depending on price, seats may go with the car, or will keep them or sell seperate. I am aware that silver and t-tops on an 88 is a rare combo. The car was hit on the drivers side at some point long ago. I don't know when, but I guess when it was still very new and the insurance didn't total it. You can see evidence of it underneath in floor pan of the car. The door and quarter panel were replaced on the drivers side. Car drives as tight and straight as my BMW. It's looks rough but man does it drive great.

Because of all the time and $ on parts put into this car, all it really needs is a good paint job, so if your interested think about how much it might have cost to do all this and how much time before making an offer.

White with Tan leather t-top car. 65k. Has an airbag. Has all options, turbo II, A555, slave cd player, navigator. Very clean car. Was repainted before I got it, not a perfect paint job, but presentable. Passenger side door was bent at some point and doesn't close right sometimes, but I just found a t-top door for the car. NO structural damage to the car, looks like the door may have been backed into or something. Leather and interior are mint. Has kyb's all around, and runs and drives great. Has brand new bosch starter. Was told it has a fwd performance computer on it from previous owner, but never bothered to take and look into it. Appears to run 14-15 psi on factory gauge.

So feel free to make offers, and will send pics if wanted. Like I said, won't list prices, cause most people won't want to pay them and will lecture me, but if you are interested in rust free, running, driving, complete cali cars, feel free to write.