PDA

View Full Version : car runs like ----

JDAWG
05-12-2006, 03:37 PM
ok, so just took out my car to lunch. Started it up and it really really chugs. Smells like gas too. After a few secs I get no brakes, well no power brakes. This leads me to belive a vaccuum hose popped off, but I cant see any that have, and I dont see any gas spewing. I get no codes at all. Think its just a vacuum line is cracked?

cordes
05-12-2006, 05:29 PM
That would have to be a pretty good vac leak from my experience leaving things unhooked on accident.

turbovanmanČ
05-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Check your vacuum line to the brake booster. Otherwise I would guess at the timing belt jumping!

Dave
05-13-2006, 07:59 PM
How much vaccum are you pulling? Do you have stock vaccum lines still?

3Bar_Mopar
05-14-2006, 01:43 PM
The same line that runs your MAP sensor and your brake booster cam loose...check those.

JDAWG
05-15-2006, 08:29 AM
thanks guys for the replies, found out some assmater switched my #1 and #2 sparkplug wires. Guess the gas smell was unburnt fuel from misfiring.

Dave
05-15-2006, 09:39 AM
thanks guys for the replies, found out some assmater switched my #1 and #2 sparkplug wires. Guess the gas smell was unburnt fuel from misfiring.

:lol: sometimes the simplest things cause the biggest problems. It happens to the very best of us dude, don't feel bad.

JDAWG
05-15-2006, 10:13 AM
well I parked against his bumper and he couldnt go to lunch, so I guess it was payback

mcsvt
05-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Yeah guess you got lucky with just the wires switched around then. If somebody around here parked on my bumper I would probably kick thier car repeatedly ;) But I pay for parking so I don't have to deal with that, lol.

Glad it wasn't a real issue :thumb:

JDAWG
05-15-2006, 11:16 AM
well it was here at work, we are always messing around

turbovanmanČ
05-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Hahahahaha, :lol:

I've had that happen to me and I've done it to others. One prank was played on me but didn't work. They taped a shitload of wheel weights to my axle shaft on my old Grand Am. Couldn't figure out where the guys at work kept hovering. I drove it like this for weeks but there was only a teeny bit of vibration so it didn't worry me. Did an oil change and went :eek: aholes, :thumb:

Tony Hanna
05-15-2006, 02:03 PM
I've seen something similar done with the really big zip ties on a driveshaft.
Makes a bit of an interesting noise.

cordes
05-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Hahahahaha, :lol:

I've had that happen to me and I've done it to others. One prank was played on me but didn't work. They taped a shitload of wheel weights to my axle shaft on my old Grand Am. Couldn't figure out where the guys at work kept hovering. I drove it like this for weeks but there was only a teeny bit of vibration so it didn't worry me. Did an oil change and went :eek: aholes, :thumb:

No, you must tack about 6 ozs of weight on the back side of a rear wheel. That will make them think that their car is shaking apart.