PDA

View Full Version : L body rear shock ?

WickedShelby88
09-22-2009, 10:51 PM
I currently don't have a car around to look at but I'm going to have to putting rear shocks on a cars whose shocks are currently vacant and need to know the size for the bolts where it bolts to the axles. I've got good mounts for the top and the retaining hardware its just the bottom on the rear I don't have. I can't afford to make another trip to Chicago for something like this so I was wondering if someone might have a bolt out or know the size?

BadAssPerformance
09-22-2009, 11:20 PM
Dude, you drive me crazy. You cannot afford to go to Chicago to get bolts for a car you dont even own... maybe you shouldnt buy it?

Seriously....

Oh, did you ever get Jim's engine rebuilt? You've had some time off right? Should be done already?

WickedShelby88
09-23-2009, 07:52 AM
Well if you know of any side work let me know. I'm behind as it is. I still have to buy some more things for Jim's car. We are actually doing more than just repainting the block and such. Still need to get things like axles, power steering hoses, and a few other small items. It all adds up. Kinda hard to accomplish when your income is less than half of what you made before. You do the math.
As for the fabled car I won't be spending anything on it till some other people are covered first. Jim being among them. Anything else I need to clarify?

BadAssPerformance
09-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Well if you know of any side work let me know.

No businesses by you are hiring? A factory? Walmart? McDonalds?

I'm behind as it is. I still have to buy some more things for Jim's car. We are actually doing more than just repainting the block and such. Still need to get things like axles, power steering hoses, and a few other small items. It all adds up. Kinda hard to accomplish when your income is less than half of what you made before. You do the math.

What Math?.... Only if you still had the wad of money Jim gave you...

As for the fabled car I won't be spending anything on it till some other people are covered first. Jim being among them.

"Some" other people? so not "all other" but "some" ... wow

If you wont be spending anything on it, then why are you posting about it asking for stuff? Maybe some of this time could be spent on Jim's engine? I'm guessin you havnt even touched it yet...

Anything else I need to clarify?

Sure, umm.. why do you think it is a good idea to get a parts car charger as a project car? When you dont have a job and a wife and kid at home?

Dude, I'm sure you think I'm an azz, and thats fine, but maybe someone needs to get on your azz? Talk some sense into you? :confused2:

Disclaimer... I've been drinking since 2pm, the "filter" was washed away a bit ago.

turbovanmanČ
09-24-2009, 02:40 AM
Damn.

WickedShelby88
09-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Slim pickins around here for work. This isn't exactly a thriving metropolis. This "parts car" is actually in a ton better shape than that old van I have.

BadAssPerformance
09-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Slim pickins around here for work. This isn't exactly a thriving metropolis. This "parts car" is actually in a ton better shape than that old van I have.

Not sure where you live, but there has to be something, somewhere. Unless you are only looking in your little town... I cannot believe that every restaurant in town in fully staffed. You have 3 running vehicles now, right? Maybe drive a little bit for work?

So the old van runs, but leaks/uses oil and has a billion miles on it.

The "parts car" may be in better shape (less miles, condition) but I'm guessing it needs a drivetrain, shocks, etc... all of which cost money you dont have... this is what does not make sense to me. Not to mention you have 3 running vehicles, two vans and a Lancer?

Why do you think you need another car? Seriously man, I know these cars are an addiction, but you are never going to get ahead if you keep digging yourself in further.

WickedShelby88
09-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Well truth be told I have enough stuff to sell and trade to get Jim's engine done, others paid back, and get this drivetrain in the car. I already have a trans that was given to me by a friend that has less than 100k on it. I traded a spare cylinder head I had that needed gone through for the suspension. I do have a good tentative plan. As far as work my landlord is supposed to get me in the door at a factory/distribution center called Rochelle Foods out in Rochelle.
As to the 3 cars.. Well its more like 1 legal and running(the 92 Voyager), 2 the 94 runs,expired plate(78 dollars) plus a blown out rear brake line, and the lancer which actually isn't mine anymore and will be long gone as of monday morning sometime. I am getting ahead believe it or not. It is just a slow process. Even when my wife and I were both working it was taking some time to get ahead.

BadAssPerformance
09-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Well truth be told I have enough stuff to sell and trade to get Jim's engine done, others paid back, and get this drivetrain in the car. I already have a trans that was given to me by a friend that has less than 100k on it. I traded a spare cylinder head I had that needed gone through for the suspension. I do have a good tentative plan.

A good plan? You've had a good plan to get this all squared away for quite a while now..... Parts to sell are good, but not worth anything until sold, and the selling market is crappy right now. If you put half the effort, time, money, etc you put into these parts and this project car, maybe you would already have Jim's engine done? Its been what, 3 years?

As far as work my landlord is supposed to get me in the door at a factory/distribution center called Rochelle Foods out in Rochelle.

Sounds good about the job prospect! :clap: Only two posts up, there were no jobs by you

As to the 3 cars.. Well its more like 1 legal and running(the 92 Voyager), 2 the 94 runs,expired plate(78 dollars) plus a blown out rear brake line, and the lancer which actually isn't mine anymore and will be long gone as of monday morning sometime.

Cool that the lancer sold, I guess... So, are you all paid up to Brad, for the car, and Russ for the drivetrain? The money for the car being used to buy what you need for Jim's engine?

Maybe you'll have $100 left over to cover the $78 for the van and a brake line? Whatever it costs, I'm sure it takes less time, money, etc than a project car.

I am getting ahead believe it or not. It is just a slow process. Even when my wife and I were both working it was taking some time to get ahead.

Good that you are getting ahead. It has taken time... and your "good tentative plan" to buy another car is going to make it a slower process... think of all the friends and family you owe money to. They were nice to you and helped out when you were in need... shouldnt you consider paying them back before even thinking of turning another parts car into a driver?

I mean the Lancer was a perfect plan, right? IIR you were going to pick up the drivetrain in the morning from Russ then put it in the Lancer that afternoon at Brad's then drive it home... but really it first ran over a year later. Its easy to plan, difficult to execute a plan. Gotta be realistic man...

Mopar318
09-25-2009, 06:08 AM
If your in an apartment, and there are no job where you live....why not search the net, and find a place to go where there IS a job? You want the job first obviously. Make the employer sign a contract saying you will be hiring in so that when you move you wont get screwed out of the job.

I live in one of the highest unemployment states/areas. My GF got layed off 2 weeks ago. She starts a new job on monday. There jobs, just cant be picky. Sometimes the ones that seem to suck are the ones that you end up making lots of money at.

Think of McDonalds for example. You start at making slightly over Minimum wage. Well if you have a brain, and work your way into managment after all the free training they give you, you will have a decent career. My aunt in a restaurunt assistant manager, and I have seen her paycheck.

BadAssPerformance
10-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Any updates on Jim's engine?

BadAssPerformance
10-20-2009, 01:09 AM
Well truth be told I have enough stuff to sell and trade to get Jim's engine done, others paid back,.....

So the "truth was told"... Jim got his engine back yet? :eyebrows:

fuzz's84Daytona
10-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Not to be a dick or anything of the like, but ease up off the guy. He's trying his best to get ahead and everything that you say is basically a put down. We've all had bad decisions that we've made in life and the only thing the guy wanted to know was what size a bolt was for a rear shock. You talking to him like that only keeps a guy down, when in all reality he seems to be making up for some bad dealings in his life. According to forum rules there is not supposed to be any bashing, so keep it down.

I wish I knew what size it was, but I don't have one handy.

Fuzz

WickedShelby88
10-20-2009, 10:25 PM
I got it figured out Fuzz. Thanks for the offer. Haven't had much luck selling anything. Anyone who sees my for sale threads can see that....:rolleyes:

BadAssPerformance
10-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Not to be a dick or anything of the like, but ease up off the guy.

Maybe you have a point... Maybe this should be under feedback? I mean he took a bunch of money from Jim to clean up his engine 3 years ago and I'm guessing hasn't even touched it yet? Heck, I helped move it a couple times this year and it was untouched, why would it be now?

He's trying his best to get ahead and everything that you say is basically a put down. We've all had bad decisions that we've made in life and the only thing the guy wanted to know was what size a bolt was for a rear shock.

AFAIK he doesnt own an L-body.... Maybe I shouldn't have made any comments in this thread either, but it seriously bugs me when someone posts parts wanted or other questions about a car they dont own and cannot afford to get until they sell a car (they havn't paid for a couple years later) and the whole while everyone they owe gets to sit and watch...

You talking to him like that only keeps a guy down, when in all reality he seems to be making up for some bad dealings in his life.

I know Joe is in a tough spot but means well and is trying to get ahead, and he did make good on the core turbo he said he would give me to replace the junk one he sold me 2.5 years ago. So why should I care if anyone else gets their stuff or money?

According to forum rules there is not supposed to be any bashing, so keep it down.

Ease up? keep I down? I sent him a PM a while ago with no response. I asked him politely in this thread and heard no response... so I asked again. Is it bashing to ask how come an engine is not done yet after 3 years? I'm not talking a rebuild either, just cleanup/replace melted stuff after the car had a small engine fire... easily done in one weekend.

WickedShelby88
10-21-2009, 12:08 AM
So once again let me reiterate that it is NOT simply doing the above you stated. We are replacing axles, PS steering lines, a SV, DP, using a POR 15 kit not some fly by night job. porting the oil pump hole as requested, re powder coating the intake and VC, replacing the O2 sensor and some other crap. I've already spend 385 dollars into this thing and it won't take long to get the rest. Right now it(the engine) is in dry storage and most of the money that WOULD go into is being used to keep it safe and in my possession. I'm not at liberty to share with you my income and living expenses but since you don't seem to have a clue how that relates save for the lancer saga please let this be between Jim and I. I don't owe you the explanation. I owe the individuals the explanations and I have spoke with them.

Plenty of responses here to last a lifetime:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33005&page=2&highlight=time+change

Now since your math doesn't add up let me correct you. That turbo that you say was junk 2.5 years ago was literally purchased nearly a YEAR before Jim dropped the engine off my garage. I have the lease agreement that states I moved in 2007, not 2006.. So wouldn't that make it 2 years now... I know that doesn't change a thing, but if your going to be critical at least get your facts straight.

Ah and like I said or have tried to explain. If I had Jim's wad still it would be done and I wouldn't be selling nearly everything I have had since I was a kid and been become obsessed with cars.

BadAssPerformance
10-21-2009, 12:09 AM
...According to forum rules

Speaking of forum rules... although I think its hilarious... your avatar is bending them a tad

BadAssPerformance
10-21-2009, 12:48 AM
So once again let me reiterate that it is NOT simply doing the above you stated. We are replacing axles, PS steering lines, a SV, DP, using a POR 15 kit not some fly by night job. porting the oil pump hole as requested, re powder coating the intake and VC, replacing the O2 sensor and some other crap. I've already spend 385 dollars into this thing and it won't take long to get the rest. Right now it(the engine) is in dry storage and most of the money that WOULD go into is being used to keep it safe and in my possession.

I never said 'fly by night' or ever implied that, I just said it was not a major rebuild and could be done in a weekend... OK, maybe two weekends? I saw the engine, I helped lift it out of Daves truck, its not that bad at all.

POR15? Engine paint doesnt work anymore? Guess all my engines are 'fly by night'?

Thank you for the update, thats all I asked for man... heard nothing in so long... got any pics?

I'm not at liberty to share with you my income and living expenses

And I dont want to know.. not my business. You have already shared with the forum you dont have a job tho, hope you get one.

but since you don't seem to have a clue how that relates save for the lancer saga please let this be between Jim and I. I don't owe you the explanation. I owe the individuals the explanations and I have spoke with them.

What dont I have a clue about? Is there more people you owe money too?

Sorry if I care about local T-Mers...

Plenty of responses here to last a lifetime:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33005&page=2&highlight=time+change

I forgot about that thread... havent seen you post in it forever... maybe I should move these posts to it instead?

Now since your math doesn't add up let me correct you. That turbo that you say was junk 2.5 years ago was literally purchased nearly a YEAR before Jim dropped the engine off my garage. I have the lease agreement that states I moved in 2007, not 2006.. So wouldn't that make it 2 years now... I know that doesn't change a thing, but if your going to be critical at least get your facts straight.

Got the turbo at Jim's.. April 2007 (when Denny's turbo Mustang project started) so thats 2.5 years. And it was junk, visibly damaged exhaust wheel.

Jim's engine was out and the engine compartment already painted in the pic below from April 2006, That was when I heard from Jim that you were doing his engine. Not sure when it exactly dropped off at your place, so rounding off ~3 years

Ah and like I said or have tried to explain. If I had Jim's wad still it would be done

Yeah thats the part that bugs me most... you had Jims wad... Jim's a really nice guy for dealing with this so well.

...but I can relate... I sold my White Dakota almost a year ago and still havnt seen 1/2 the money.

fuzz's84Daytona
10-21-2009, 07:04 AM
Well you did a great job of airing out all of the items that just needs to be kept either in feedback or pm.

Speaking of forum rules... although I think its hilarious... your avatar is bending them a tad

It's a male smiley, that's not as offending as the leg humping smiley.

Fuzz

BadAssPerformance
10-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Well you did a great job of airing out all of the items that just needs to be kept either in feedback or pm.

Like I said above, this should probably be in the feedback section. If these transactions went down in a public thread here, Joe would be on our most wanted list. I dont think he should be as he is trying to make things right and didnt just dissappear like others in the past.

It's a male smiley, that's not as offending as the leg humping smiley.

Leg humping is deemed PG-13... full frontal smilie nudity is not. Heck, with movie ratings, your avatar would probably be R rated at least?

Like I said, I think its funny, but I am not as strict minded as our rules. Please change it.

------------------------------------

Joe,

I closed this thread as it was not going anywhere. I can move the relevant posts to the other thread? I'll even delete it if you want? Just do me a favor and keep your other thread updated, ok?

Feel free to PM me if you want to b!tch me out or anything. I may seem to just be an a-hole, but seriously I just want to see everything made right, and I know that you can do it.