PDA

View Full Version : Electronics: WTB: Stock Radio: '86 GLHS

cqlink
09-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Looking for a nice '86 GLHS factory radio. I'm not sure what model Dodge used.

If you have a NICE unit or if you can let me know what radio was in the car, many thanks!

There is a lousy aftermarket radio in it now so if anyone knows what cables I need to bring it back to stock or how the stock radio was wired then, thanks in advance for that help too!

If I can't find a stock unit and if anyone has something close (like those older Infinity radios), I can live with that until I find the right one.

cqlink
09-22-2009, 03:06 PM
One other question...does anyone know if one of those MOPAR Infiniti single cd/ am/ fm will fit?

Mario
09-22-2009, 03:36 PM
I have a stock radio for $40. Not sure if it's what came in the GLHS though.

CSX173
09-24-2009, 10:06 AM
The wiring was the same in those cars from 1986 to 2001. Any service manual from those years will have how to wire it. I may have a radio I will just give you. I'll dig around and see what I can come up with. I know I have an AM/FM only. I may have one with a cassette player in it. No "flat face" with CDs though. If you can find a dash bezel, a small bit of dremel work will get the later model "curvy face" ones to fit. I have a couple of those with cassettes, and maybe 1 with a CD. Email me at tjb1 at chrysler dot com.