PDA

View Full Version : Neon SRT-4 traction control and more!!

glhs727
09-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Traction Control System for the low, low price of $430 plus free domestic ground shipping!!!!

Well, what is TCS?
Traction Control System for Your SRT-4!
Finally, an answer to your traction problems. The most advanced active electronic traction control for the Dodge SRT-4. This product will revolutionize the way your high horsepower SRT-4 puts its power to the pavement. No longer will you need to feather the throttle off the line and pray the tires don't spin beyond control, no longer will you have to ease into 2nd gear, no longer will you have to worry about holding the correct launch RPM, and most of all no more spinning and spinning and spinning until 60+ mph with the feeling that the car is hardly moving anywhere. The TCS from ND Performance addresses all of these issues with the ease of use, reliability, quality, and value that you demand for your vehicle.

For quite a while now, we have been developing an electronic traction control system for the SRT-4 that addresses the weaknesses in the FWD platform for the SRT-4. The biggest problem with the SRT-4 is simply high horsepower, and high torque through a small FWD tire contact patch. This equates to a car that is difficult and inconsistent to launch, and makes traction at low speeds difficult to obtain. This is the only traction control device on the market that directly reads wheel speed and uses ignition control to precisely regulate wheel spin. This method of traction control allows the TCS extreme flexibility and offers traction control performance that is unparalleled by any other device, even the SRT-4 EMS systems.
Features:

* High performance RISC CPU
* Interfaces to stock sensors/controls. No need to purchase anything else!
* Direct wheel spin based traction control
* Advanced ignition control
* Remote Map Switcher
* 2-step launch limiter
* ESS Electronic Slick Shift (WOT Shift feature)
* Complete installation kit (including ESS feature cable)
* Free TCS tuning software

Remote Map Switcher:
The remote map switcher is a plug and play accessory to the TCS (now included with every new system!) that allows the user to easily turn the entire system on and off with a simple flip of a switch. Additionally the map switcher has the ability to switch between two separate maps stored in the TCS box. This can become very useful if you want to save a TCS setting for the track and have a TCS setting for the street. For example you can program (with the Free TCS Tuner software) on one map a high aggressive "street tire" profile with a lower launch limit value (typically around 3000-3500 RPM). Then on a separate map you can have a less aggressive "drag slick" profile with a high launch limit value (typically around 4500-5000 RPM). With a flip of a switch you can immediately switch between the different maps. In the future, when the EBC add-on is complete the remote map switcher will also allow for the switching between different electronic boost profiles. Finally the remote map switcher has a wheel spin LED which indicates when TCS detects more than 10% wheel spin, a very useful debugging feature for the driver.

* Plug and Play operation with the TCS. Takes less than one minute to install!
* Ability to easily turn the entire TCS system (launch limit and traction control) On and Off with a flip of a switch.
* Ability to switch between 2 TCS maps stored in the unit with a flip of a switch.
* Integrated high intensity wheel spin LED (Red)

What to expect from the TCS:
* Maximized traction for all conditions
* Better 60' times
* More consistent 60' times
* Much better traction through low speed gear shifts
* No more problems with pesky EVOs and STIs off the line

So now, you may be asking yourself, how do I get myself one of these super-awesome systems? Very simple. All you will need to do is go to www.FWDperformance.com/store and order it up. We accept visa, MasterCard, discover and PayPal!

turbovanmanČ
09-22-2009, 01:31 PM
That's pretty cool, :cool:

Have you done any back to back testing at the track, on street tires?

glhs727
09-22-2009, 02:48 PM
we had this installed on our car at sdac. James ran 9 runs in a row that were betwen 12.22- 12.28 60 foot time were all in the 1.84.-1.86 range.

turbovanmanČ
09-22-2009, 02:52 PM
we had this installed on our car at sdac. James ran 9 runs in a row that were betwen 12.22- 12.28 60 foot time were all in the 1.84.-1.86 range.

WOW, :hail::hail::hail:

ABS might be a nice install now on older TM's, :o

Captain Chaos
09-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Is this for both SRT-4 models?

glhs727
09-22-2009, 04:31 PM
for the neon srt-4 models 2003-2005 only

ATaylorRacing
09-22-2009, 05:23 PM
OH MY GOD! Just what I was praying for! I am tired of feathering the gas pedal when I launch at lightly too high rpm or bogging the motor when trying to baby it off the line! I must start saving my pennies for this NOW! Drag racing the Pit Bull was very unprofitable this year after putting in a very grippy clutch and tires and not being able to launch as it used to with predictible clutch spin. I think your set up might also be easier on axles.

JamesL
09-24-2009, 09:08 AM
OH MY GOD! Just what I was praying for! I am tired of feathering the gas pedal when I launch at lightly too high rpm or bogging the motor when trying to baby it off the line! I must start saving my pennies for this NOW! Drag racing the Pit Bull was very unprofitable this year after putting in a very grippy clutch and tires and not being able to launch as it used to with predictible clutch spin. I think your set up might also be easier on axles.

That's exactly right! Additionally, when I got home I pulled the transmission apart because it was getting difficult to shift into third. Sure enough, the shift fork was cracked and on the verge of complete failure. I tend to put a lot preload on the shifter when speed shifting. So with this new ESS feature, I expect the transmission to be a whole lot happier; though a positive stop wouldn't hurt either.