PDA

View Full Version : Last year for T1 ?

87 charger
12-27-2005, 01:39 PM
I found a turbo 1 2.5 in a dodge shadow.It was a convertible shadow at that. Anyway it has a 93 date stamp on the block. Was the car from mexico ? I didn't think convertible shadows got turbo motors.Of course I am no history buff by no means.I need to make sure the car is a 93.I know the block says 93 I guess,but that don't mean nothing.So anyone want to add to this ?

BadAssPerformance
12-27-2005, 01:57 PM
I thought the last year was '94... and there were some turbo Shadow verts made... I've seen them!

chanley
12-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Yeh ive seen them to but i dont know if its was a 93, buy the way this is your brother.

87 charger
12-28-2005, 08:57 AM
:eyebrows: So you joined....HAHA
SO are you tired of the talon ? You need to line that up against KEDavis daytona.You should see it.I have only seen pics of it online. He has a 2.4 turbo and a overdrive automatic in it.I bet he would give that awd all it could handle and then some. :nod: :nod: :nod:

5sp. mini
12-31-2005, 11:31 PM
Grab the vin. and run it or post it. I have a turbo 91 5sp vert. was told last year with turbo was 92?AL

cordes
01-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Grab the vin. and run it or post it. I have a turbo 91 5sp vert. was told last year with turbo was 92?AL

I too was of the belief that the last year of the turbo I cars in the USA was 92'.

87csx2.4
01-03-2006, 05:59 PM
:eyebrows: So you joined....HAHA
SO are you tired of the talon ? You need to line that up against KEDavis daytona.You should see it.I have only seen pics of it online. He has a 2.4 turbo and a overdrive automatic in it.I bet he would give that awd all it could handle and then some. :nod: :nod: :nod:Never been beat by an awd.

87csx2.4
01-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Yeh ive seen them to but i dont know if its was a 93, buy the way this is your brother.Hey I never thought I would see anyone on this board that lives in my area,welcome what kind of car do you have.

dwh4784
01-03-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm guessing a talon......

5sp. mini
01-03-2006, 10:13 PM
cool were in the twilight zone now AL

87csx2.4
01-03-2006, 10:15 PM
I'm guessing a talon......I was talking turbo dodge car soup boy.

fleckster
01-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Yes, in the U.S. the last year for a Turbo I was '92 although they were still available longer in Mexico and maybe other markets. And nothing really could stop anyone from making a Turbo I from a '95 block....

87 charger
01-04-2006, 04:24 AM
Hey I never thought I would see anyone on this board that lives in my area,welcome what kind of car do you have.

I was telling james to run the daytona.He has my old talon now. He is on the board and his screen name is chanley. He lurks around on here and he secretly wants another TD. :nod: :nod:
The talon is a automatic and runs a 0-60 in 4.7
I want him to take it to that track down there and see what it runs.:eyebrows:
I want him to run his brother in laws talon. It has a lot of upgrades,but I think james will hang with him with the automatic.If you see the talon it is a black 92 with euro taillights ( He added those).It also has 17' cobra rims on it.

87 charger
01-04-2006, 04:31 AM
I too was of the belief that the last year of the turbo I cars in the USA was 92'.
I will have to make sure it was not crushed.But I can tell you that it had a different coil.A real small one with a male end on it.The fuel rail had different wiring as well.My brother in law bought the motor. I was worried it was a N/A short block with a turbo head.BUT he bought it anyway.Is there numbers I can run on the block if the car has been crushed ? The motor is now in his van,and it runs good,but I told him to leave the boost alone till we find out if it is a turbo motor or not.

cordes
01-04-2006, 01:20 PM
I will have to make sure it was not crushed.But I can tell you that it had a different coil.A real small one with a male end on it.The fuel rail had different wiring as well.My brother in law bought the motor. I was worried it was a N/A short block with a turbo head.BUT he bought it anyway.Is there numbers I can run on the block if the car has been crushed ? The motor is now in his van,and it runs good,but I told him to leave the boost alone till we find out if it is a turbo motor or not.

The coil was probably mounted on the T-stat housing correct? The 92 cars were like that for sure, and I thought that the 91s were also. You could check the date code on the block which I believe is on the back side of it to the right. You would probably have a hard time reading it with it in the car.

87 charger
01-04-2006, 02:15 PM
The date code said 93 thats why I was wondering if a T1 was made in 93 or not.But yes thats where the coil was mounted.