PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Dodge 600 Turbo I

csmrol
09-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Hey I finally got this thing running. Thanks for everyone's advice and help.Special thanks to Winston from Ct. for showing me how to rebuild the Turbo. Dumb question, do you guys run super unleaded,mid-grade,or regular uneaded? Manual says you can run unleaded but kind of reccommends a higher grade. The motor runs good ,but I am getting some pinging.Any low budget performance tips without going to Turbo II? Thanks again to everyone who helped. Happy in Ct.

rare_ram
09-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Best to run the highest grade you can find in any Turbo car.

Vigo
09-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Put 93 in it and check your base timing.
Also, do you have a boost gaugue? Just because its on factory boost control doesnt mean its hitting the right number. Damaged vacuum lines can cause it to overshoot.

If you are running 93 and the right base timing and boost and it still pings, you have some kind of problem. Until then, the problem is not knowing whether those things are right are not.

Also, if you didnt know: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=697

Plenty of little things to help the log AFTER its not pinging. If you look around you'll see most of em in cars like that run mid-low 15s on relatively easy stuff. Omni's with manuals can go much quicker on a log, but not in 600 comfort :lol: