PDA

View Full Version : HID Xenon Headlights - for TM's (or any car)

J&H Ryan
09-10-2009, 02:49 PM
I got into these as my sealed beam headlights were just inadequate. One option is to get a conversion kit and put say 100w bulbs in. This requires relays, soldering, and the bulbs don't last long.

Xenons require no extra wiring, relays, they are plug and play. You don't have to modify your harness or hack anything up. You can return the car to halogen whenever you want.

$80 for slim ballast - this includes 2 bulbs, two ballasts, and all the wiring and mounting hardware.

$40 if you have a sealed beam halogen and you need a conversion housing. I can get both DOT and e-code. The latter is technically not legal (off road use only) but I find it to be less offensive and have better aiming properties than DOT. Your choice.

How to order:

You can PM me with the make/model/year (with TM's you can just say SC for a Shelby Charger and that's all I'll need for example), what ballast you want, and what temperature/color.

What is this temperature/color thing?

5000K - most like OEM. The whitest and brightest.
6000K - white with a tinge of blue. Nearly as bright as 5000K
8000K - white with a fair amount of blue. Not as bright as above.
10000K - very blue tinge. Brighter than halogen, but dim compared to 5000K
12000K - ricer status - purple tinge.

So a basic order would look like this:

86SC. Low beam only. Slim Ballast. 5000K. Need housings, e-code.

Kit: $80
Housing conversion: $40
$120, + shipping ($10 in lower US), so $130 to my paypal, which is boogtc25 at yahoo.com

You can also get high and low beam Xenon IF your car has a single headlight (think SC's, P-bodys, not Lancers or Lebarons) setup. It is a bulb that moves via a solenoid to create both high and low. These kits start at $100.

Standard kits have low Xenon, high halogen.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Please keep orders to PMs. If you don't know me, I'm not new to TM's, I'd like to think I have an ok rep, so no worries about being unhappy with your purchase. And if you think I'm trying to make a mint off of the TM community...I'm not. My profit margin at this price is minimal.

I'm going to give a 2 year warranty on these, but really, its lifetime so long as I'm doing this past 2 years.

Bulb life halogen: 500-1000 hours
Bulb life Xenon: 3200+ hours

If I do any local installs (which I will do for free) I can post how to's for different models of TD, though if you can change a headlight, you can do this no problem.

I'm not stepping on any past vendors toes, I wouldn't do that - this deal has been approved by them and T-M.com

Pics:

Slim ballast kit:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/BooGTS/IMG00189-20090910-1329.jpg

Xenon on the left, halogen on the right:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/BooGTS/IMG00100-20090806-1236.jpg

I cannot stock everything, so please allow a couple weeks for delivery, though if I have what you order, it will go out that week. Thanks for looking!

minigts
09-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Happen to have pictures of the enclosures for the cars supported, if more than the L bodies?

J&H Ryan
09-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Happen to have pictures of the enclosures for the cars supported, if more than the L bodies?
The 200mm L body ones - I stock. I am making sure my supplier carries the 165mm housings right now.

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/boogts2/DSC05672.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/BooGTS/IMG00191-20090910-1512.jpg

Mario
09-10-2009, 03:54 PM
You have any for foglights as well?

J&H Ryan
09-10-2009, 04:02 PM
You have any for foglights as well?
Yes - I can do stock foglights by knowing the same year/make/model as the headlights, but if you have aftermarket fogs or KC's, I need to know what type of bulb it takes.

GLHNSLHT2
09-10-2009, 05:04 PM
please don't put those in DOT housings. You will blind the hell out of people. And HID's in a DOT sealed beam are illegal and DANGEROUS. Real E1 Ecodes might be illegal but they're far superior in their beam pattern and won't blind on-coming drivers so they won't head on you because they can't tell where you are. Use only a high quality E-code light. No cheap chinese knock-off's.

J&H Ryan
09-10-2009, 05:19 PM
I already said part of what you said in a professional, non-screaming fashion above. I have never been flashed in any of my road trials either. My housings are extremely high quality, they are autopal - not ripoff "hella expensive" hellas - which I agree are also good (have them to comepare to) but are not necessary. Thanks for the opinion. -edit: I read Simons thread - you interjected alot of truth and incorrect info as well, so please refrain from doing the same to this one.

89ShelbyGuy
09-11-2009, 03:48 PM
PMed u.

J&H Ryan
10-15-2009, 11:27 AM
As installed in the Daytona:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/BooGTS/DSC05842.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/BooGTS/DSC05843.jpg

turbovanmanČ
11-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Just for info, I put some HID's in my Chevy van using the Autopal E code lights, aimed them down a bit, I can see at night and even in the pouring rain, I DID NOT get flashed once, :thumb:

turbodaytona87
11-25-2009, 12:49 PM
e-codes are fine, but the cutoff is terrible in a DOT housing.

J&H Ryan
02-07-2010, 04:17 PM
bumpski

TurboDan
02-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Are the cables durable enough to last in a Daytona with popup headlights?

-Dan-

J&H Ryan
02-07-2010, 11:30 PM
They're alot more flexable than the stock wiring, so I would think they would be up to the task. I'd give you your money back if they failed in under a year.

Guallome
03-18-2010, 10:50 PM
pm sent!

Guallome
pm sent!!

Guallome
sorry about these multiple posts, but i need 5 posts in order to Pm you!

Guallome
03-18-2010, 10:51 PM
sorry again! lol
bump thread!

Guallome
03-18-2010, 10:51 PM
bump!

J&H Ryan
06-14-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm going to bring some to SDAC too. The GTC should be outfitted with them by then to see in person.

turbovanmanČ
06-14-2010, 12:46 AM
HID's rock, :clap:

MAL
04-11-2011, 08:32 AM
pm sent

junior92
05-22-2011, 02:07 PM
I got a set form Ryan for my csx and I love them. Even whit the head light covers I can still see at night batter then with the old stockers and no covers. If you want hids for your td ryan is your man.

T-Bohn
05-22-2011, 11:55 PM
subscribe

JDAWG
05-23-2011, 12:22 AM
bookmarked, going to get HIDs soon but im going to order some projector housings

SpoolinGLH
05-23-2011, 03:47 AM
I read your original post about plug and play but I have a question........My buddy installed HID's into his 2011 Ford Fusion and he was having a problem because the factory power wire was not sufficient enough to handle the power so he had to run the power wire directly to the battery.

Will these Xenon HID's alleviate that problem?

Thanks.

turbodaytona87
05-27-2011, 10:28 PM
Honestly, with Chrysler wiring this old, just run them off a relay. The ballasts take way more power than the running current (running current is either 35w or 55w) to start. But if you don't have projectors, then don't worry about it, because you won't be getting HIDs...

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

bookmarked, going to get HIDs soon but im going to order some projector housings

:thumb:

J&H Ryan
05-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Like turbodaytona87 said, you can just use a relay. HIDs are a type of bulb, not a housing. You can use the e-code housings like on the daytona shown for your car.

Ondonti
05-29-2011, 07:55 AM
Well the ones in my Daily need to be replaced. Those ballasts look like the high dollar free ones I have in my Duster, not the big fat junk that is dieing in my Spirit. Do you have a hi/lo set?

J&H Ryan
07-01-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm officially done selling these, sorry. I'll help out with any issues if needed, tips, ect...

J&H Ryan
10-01-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm doing a special order of these. Will wrap it up by next wednesday, so if its after the 5th of October, disregard this thread.

TyroneWilkins
05-27-2013, 11:25 AM
I got into these as my sealed beam headlights were just inadequate. One option is to get a conversion kit and put say 100w bulbs in. This requires relays, soldering, and the bulbs don't last long.

Hid kits (http://www.robustbuy.com/lighting-system-hid-xenon-kits-c-492_645_653.html) require no extra wiring, relays, they are plug and play. You don't have to modify your harness or hack anything up. You can return the car to halogen whenever you want.

$80 for slim ballast - this includes 2 bulbs, two ballasts, and all the wiring and mounting hardware.

$40 if you have a sealed beam halogen and you need a conversion housing. I can get both DOT and e-code. The latter is technically not legal (off road use only) but I find it to be less offensive and have better aiming properties than DOT. Your choice.

How to order:

You can PM me with the make/model/year (with TM's you can just say SC for a Shelby Charger and that's all I'll need for example), what ballast you want, and what temperature/color.

What is this temperature/color thing?

5000K - most like OEM. The whitest and brightest.
6000K - white with a tinge of blue. Nearly as bright as 5000K
8000K - white with a fair amount of blue. Not as bright as above.
10000K - very blue tinge. Brighter than halogen, but dim compared to 5000K
12000K - ricer status - purple tinge.

So a basic order would look like this:

86SC. Low beam only. Slim Ballast. 5000K. Need housings, e-code.

Kit: $80
Housing conversion: $40
$120, + shipping ($10 in lower US), so $130 to my paypal, which is boogtc25 at yahoo.com

You can also get high and low beam Xenon IF your car has a single headlight (think SC's, P-bodys, not Lancers or Lebarons) setup. It is a bulb that moves via a solenoid to create both high and low. These kits start at $100.

Standard kits have low Xenon, high halogen.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Please keep orders to PMs. If you don't know me, I'm not new to TM's, I'd like to think I have an ok rep, so no worries about being unhappy with your purchase. And if you think I'm trying to make a mint off of the TM community...I'm not. My profit margin at this price is minimal.

I'm going to give a 2 year warranty on these, but really, its lifetime so long as I'm doing this past 2 years.

Bulb life halogen: 500-1000 hours
Bulb life Xenon: 3200+ hours

If I do any local installs (which I will do for free) I can post how to's for different models of TD, though if you can change a headlight, you can do this no problem.

I'm not stepping on any past vendors toes, I wouldn't do that - this deal has been approved by them and T-M.com

Pics:

Slim ballast kit:

Xenon on the left, halogen on the right:

I cannot stock everything, so please allow a couple weeks for delivery, though if I have what you order, it will go out that week. Thanks for looking!
Hello friend it seems you have enough knowledge about HID lights. I am looking to get one for my car. I would love to go with best option but I am very much unaware about brands and models. Can you guide me to best deal? I can prefer online shopping :)