PDA

View Full Version : General: 88 Shelby Z airdamn (not chin spoiler)

tommyturbo
09-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Looking for the black plastic with metal reinforcement airdamn that mounts under the front nose of the car to the lower radiator support. I haven't found one in any part out threads, but could really use this.

I know the s-10 truck piece will work, but looking for restoration authenticity.

Thanks!

GLHNSLHT2
09-09-2009, 05:23 PM
The S10 is almost exactly like the 84-86 TurboZ piece. The 87-88 piece is just like all the other cars. Try a j-yard there should be tons.

tommyturbo
09-09-2009, 05:32 PM
The S10 is almost exactly like the 84-86 TurboZ piece. The 87-88 piece is just like all the other cars. Try a j-yard there should be tons.

I haven't seen a shelby z let alone any g-bodies in the los angeles area yards in a long time. And when there is one in the yard the part is always missing.

BadAssPerformance
09-09-2009, 05:32 PM
'88? Chin spoiler is the lowest part on the nose of the '87-'88 Shelby Z

GLHNSLHT2
09-09-2009, 05:51 PM
no he wants the little black plastic piece that bolts to the lower rad support that creates a small vacuum behind the rad. They're the same as the cars got. They usually get ripped off because people like to park the oil pan on the curbs or parking blocks.

BadAssPerformance
09-09-2009, 06:14 PM
OK, I need a pic, my car never had that when I got it with 90k in 1994 it did have the complete Chin Spoiler under panel that went from the chin to the core support.... thought thats what he meant?

tommyturbo
09-09-2009, 07:39 PM
My car was missing both the chin spoiler and the black airdamn when i got it in 2002. I since found a chin spoiler for it. Both my other 2 88 Z's have the chin spoiler and airdamn, but for the life of me I can not find one for this car.

The previous owner of my car must have come down hard on the front at some point, cause the lower radiator support was a bit jacked up, and the oil pan had a big dent in the bottom. And all the lower front plastic was missing. What was left of the chin spoiler was in the trunk. If it wasn't for the fact that silver and t-tops is a rare combo I wouldn't have bought the car.