PDA

View Full Version : General: Masi AC Hoses

johnl
09-09-2009, 01:56 PM
I need the hose set for the Harrison compressor. From the compressor to the condenser to the dryer to the evaporator block, including the muffler thingy - the whole assembly.

If you have as set that doesn't leak, great. If not, I'll rebuild it with new hoses.

It's going into the Ramerati so the hoses likely will need some re-jiggering anyway so replacing them is OK.

Got a mini-van condenser that fits nicely; fabbed and welded some Z brackets to the bottom of the core support; the brackets have the 9/16" holes that support the condenser in the stock configuration.

How do I - in place - clean out the heat exchanger/evaporator under the dash? What's the standard method?

GLHNSLHT2
09-09-2009, 02:57 PM
John have you looked at using Earl's a/c lines? My Masi project is gonna need custom lines and I plan to go this route. Anyway, just a suggestion. www.anplumbing.com And it's fairly local to you :)

Xtrempickup
09-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Marty_mopar may have them at Arizona parts.

johnl
09-10-2009, 01:46 AM
John have you looked at using Earl's a/c lines? My Masi project is gonna need custom lines and I plan to go this route. Anyway, just a suggestion. www.anplumbing.com And it's fairly local to you :)

Thanks Jay (right?), yes, I know of Earl's but I don't think they will have what I need. They can build the hose alright, as can others who are even closer to me.

The real issue is the exact configuration of the manifold block that bolts to the Harrison compressor. The configuration of the Masi AC/Alternator bracket rotates the Harrison a 1/4 turn forward from where it sits in its GM application and that means that all of the GM manifold blocks send the hoses out at unusable angles and directions.

So, what I really want is the Masi/Chrysler AC compressor manifold block.

johnl
09-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Marty_mopar may have them at Arizona parts.

Thanks, good idea, do you have a link? Never dealt with him.

Xtrempickup
09-10-2009, 07:26 AM
www.arizonaparts.com

johnl
09-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks, went there, saw they are on vacation, search for Masi parts, code Q, just interior/trim stuff listed.

Xtrempickup
09-10-2009, 06:13 PM
did you try looking up by year and a/c or hose or anything, its all listed as Chrysler would

zin
09-10-2009, 07:54 PM
If all else fails, let me know, I'm thinking you might be able to change the angle of the GM pieces, but not knowing their construction may mean I'm off base...

Do you have a bad hose that could sever as a model/example? If so, snap a few pictures of the offending end(s) and I'll take a look.

Mike

johnl
09-11-2009, 01:44 AM
did you try looking up by year and a/c or hose or anything, its all listed as Chrysler would

Yes, figured it out but zip nada.

johnl
09-11-2009, 01:48 AM
If all else fails, let me know, I'm thinking you might be able to change the angle of the GM pieces, but not knowing their construction may mean I'm off base...

Do you have a bad hose that could sever as a model/example? If so, snap a few pictures of the offending end(s) and I'll take a look.

Mike

Yeah, they're aluminum tube bent into nice shapes and then furnace brazed into a manifold block that has a center hole for the bolt that fastens & seals to the compressor. No I do not have a bad hose to work with. Thanks Mike

zin
09-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Yeah, they're aluminum tube bent into nice shapes and then furnace brazed into a manifold block that has a center hole for the bolt that fastens & seals to the compressor. No I do not have a bad hose to work with. Thanks Mike

OK, if it's been brazed together, it should be possible to un-braze it and reposition the outlet and re-braze it at the right position... More work than just finding another good hose, or even "re-hosing" the ends, but an option none the less!

So, I guess what I'm saying is you have no good reason to not get'er done! :D

Mike

johnl
09-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Well yeah . . . . do you know how to oven braze aluminum? cause I don't. Just joshin ya, but seriously, I just sort of passed on the idea of unbrazing and re-brazing aluminum . . . .and that said, I can ask a certified TIG guru who I know.

butchsuppe
09-14-2009, 11:36 PM
John, I found a differant configuration on an early Camaro that might work also if you can't get the Masi hose. Also seen a nice setup for the low pres. fitting on a later Neon. The fitting was part of the drier. I wondering if the Masi hose was used on any other vehicle ? Any body know any body with an interchange book ?

johnl
09-20-2009, 12:30 AM
Bump - 89/90 Masi/Harrison AC hose set? Anyone?

butchsuppe
09-20-2009, 10:42 PM
John, I sent you an email with this vendor...http://www.tcparts.com/ did you get it ? The guy says there's 3 differant hoses.