PDA

View Full Version : I need some opinions

t3rse
05-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Ok, opinions are like a-holes, but I need some...

I have the opportunity to purchase an s60 .63 used for 475 with almost no miles on it.

I really really want to get a hybrid super 50 .63...695 as you all know...

well, i also need to get an actuator: 85, and if i get the hybrid, a bracket.

for the hybrid i'll also need to redo one piece of I/C plumbing, and either grind the head (which i have no problem doing) or come up with some other clearancing solution.

The first thing someone will ask is what is this going on. This is not a daily car, and never will be. I don't want a ton of lag, but don't really care all that much as long as it's pulling hard by 4k.

Omni GLH 2.2L: mostly gutted (back half interior and bumper missing)
no P/S
no A/C
lots of sheet metal removed

255 lph pump, +40s
stainless braided lines, accufab afpr
lots of crap like that

SDS standalone computer (i can give it all the fuel that the injectors can let in)

85 block, o-ringed, inner water jackets filled (if i twist it...so be it)
ross 7.5:1 compression pistons (i'm shooting for tons of boost)
tII rods machined for floating pin, cast crank turned

2.5in i/c plumbing through dual core spearco.

I'm porting a G head right now that will go on with conical springs/pt lifters roller cam.

568 3.5 with obx on the ground.

I'm not afraid of blowing the motor up (hybrid 16v coming soon!) and want to push it for all it's worth. I'm probably gonna make a new intake for it soon and it will have a stock ported exhaust manifold on it.

Well there it is. That is the most extensive information i've posted on her, and there is a lot that i left out. The suspension is the stockest thing on the car: mp spring on front, tis all. Well, what do you guys think? (i wonder what kind of commentary this will produce...)

turbovanmanČ
05-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Pass on the S60 and go hybrid.

tryingbe
05-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Hybrid. Something to use for the 16v when this 8v goes.