PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Spark Plug wire adapter

Lee'sdaytona
12-27-2005, 12:42 PM
I only need one...MSD calls it the POWER TOWER WIRE ADAPTER, but they sell a set of nine for $44 :eek: Basically since I have magna core wires that I wanted to use with my Blaster II coil, I can't because the coil wire and coil hook up are both female. So there is an adapter. It doesn't have to be from MSD, as long as it will get the job done. I currently am stuck with the stock coil which is most likely origional.
thanks,
Lee

BadAssPerformance
12-27-2005, 01:53 PM
Thats really odd, i thought all the 'blaster' coils were male...

Lee'sdaytona
12-27-2005, 05:39 PM
yeah aparently not....I saw a daytona with the chrome colored BLASTER II coil on it...maybe that one was male...but mine is female....
I felt so stupid...beleive it or not, I ran my car for a good 3 months with the wire basically just sitting in there, female to female...and it ran for 3 months...than it wouldn't start one night, next morning saw the coil wire fell off and no wonder! so yeah....
If anyone has one of these adapters that would be great!
-Lee

BadAssPerformance
12-27-2005, 05:52 PM
I guess they make them in both male & female kinds then.

You might be able to easily make an adapter with 2 champion spark plug tips (the nes hat unthread) and a piece of threaded rod... not sure what the thread size is tho.

Lee'sdaytona
12-28-2005, 09:23 PM
hmm....there's a thought....wow talk about thinking outside the box! if no one else has the real thing, I think I'll be buying 2 new spark plugs!
:thumb:
-Lee

BadAssPerformance
12-28-2005, 09:25 PM
hmm....there's a thought....wow talk about thinking outside the box! if no one else has the real thing, I think I'll be buying 2 new spark plugs!
:thumb:
-Lee

Hope ya find an adapter, but if ya have to fab one up, glad I could help :thumb:

turbovanmanČ
12-29-2005, 10:16 PM
Your coil is female-correct? so is the stock oil filled coil.
Do you have the stock coil mounted at the thermostat?
If so, you could have got the wrong year wire set, either way, if your coil is female and you need it male-I have the MSD adapter at work, $5 plus shipping or I could have Aurora make you the proper wire, there red, 8.5MM wire and better, I feel than Magnacore. Just let me know, length, fitting angles and what fittings and its $10 plus shipping.