PDA

View Full Version : XD 16 issues? random code 8.

turbovanmanČ
09-06-2009, 08:24 PM
I put an XD16 gauge and a used LC1 controller in the other day, reused my 9 month old sensor, cal'd it, seem to work fine then I stopped to do some shopping, it acted weird and started flashing 08. Did some surfing and it said check powers and grounds, which I know are good as I made sure and I know they are very important. Today, it started flashing ox content, then the actual reading, so do I have to cal it a few more times or ?

I have the power running off a main switched feed at the steering column, I've also read they don't like the voltage spikes caused when starting the car.

GLHNSLHT2
09-06-2009, 09:10 PM
how'd you connect the wires?

turbovanmanČ
09-06-2009, 09:19 PM
how'd you connect the wires?

Grounds are on the inside of the van, the 3 powers are too the ignition feed. I even pre ran the Ox output wire so I can enable that, :eyebrows:

GLHNSLHT2
09-06-2009, 10:10 PM
how'd you connect the wires to the other wires is what I mean, not where they are hooked to.

turbovanmanČ
09-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Crimped to an eyelet for the grounds, spade terminal for the power. I've used this method on other installs with no issues, :(

There are only 2 ground wires, 1 for the LC and 1 for the gauge, and then 3 power wires, 2 for the LC and one for the gauge.

GLHNSLHT2
09-07-2009, 11:22 AM
No simon, The red wire get's power, the blue and white are grounds FOR THE LC-1!!! The black wire on your LC-1 is what you ground out to recalibrate it. It shouldn't be hooked to anything if you have an XD-16 running the show. And the brown and yellow wire are your outputs. drip some solder to the ends of your connectors where the wires hook them.

turbovanmanČ
09-07-2009, 02:18 PM
No simon, The red wire get's power, the blue and white are grounds FOR THE LC-1!!! The black wire on your LC-1 is what you ground out to recalibrate it. It shouldn't be hooked to anything if you have an XD-16 running the show. And the brown and yellow wire are your outputs. drip some solder to the ends of your connectors where the wires hook them.

Yeah, I know this-got it mixed up in my head. I just looked at the wiring diagram as this is what I have done. The black and brown wires are taped off, the 2 red wires, one for the LC and one for the XD go to power, the other 3 grounds are at the same spot, same lug. Yellow wire will be going to the ox sensor.

GLHNSLHT2
09-07-2009, 05:00 PM
read appendix C in the manual. might have to move the sensor further downstream or you might have a faulty sensor. Basically it states the sensor is over heating. Where do you have it mounted?

turbovanmanČ
09-07-2009, 05:07 PM
read appendix C in the manual. might have to move the sensor further downstream or you might have a faulty sensor. Basically it states the sensor is over heating. Where do you have it mounted?

Its way down the pipe, same place as with the LM1, nothing has changed except I am using the LC1 and XD16 instead of the clunky LM1.

GLHNSLHT2
09-07-2009, 05:24 PM
well then maybe your sensor is dead.

turbovanmanČ
09-08-2009, 01:32 PM
I seem to have fixed it, fingers crossed. I did another set of calibration routines on it, 3 times, and its working fine.

NOw I have to buy a usb serial converter, grrrrrrrr, none of my laptops have a serial port, :mad: or drag out the home computer, :banghead:

GLHNSLHT2
09-08-2009, 05:05 PM
if you don't have a serial port how are you tuning your ECU? still Burning chips? Glad to hear it's working.

turbovanmanČ
09-08-2009, 06:46 PM
if you don't have a serial port how are you tuning your ECU? still Burning chips? Glad to hear it's working.

The Ostrich and burner I have use USB ports, :nod:

I am borrowing Boost Geeks Burn 2 by Moates but bought one for myself, they rock, no more moving pins around etc, its all simply point and click.

turbovanmanČ
09-09-2009, 03:13 AM
Its back, :mad: :censored:

GLHNSLHT2
09-09-2009, 09:58 AM
write to Innovate. They'll tell you what's wrong. If it's a problem with the LC-1 or XD16 they might even replace it free of charge.

turbovanmanČ
09-09-2009, 05:34 PM
write to Innovate. They'll tell you what's wrong. If it's a problem with the LC-1 or XD16 they might even replace it free of charge.

I tried calling them, got an answering machine, :mad:

It started working again, then stopped, then again, this is maddening, :(

GLHNSLHT2
09-09-2009, 05:45 PM
I said WRITE TO THEM :) http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/contact.php Select Technical support and fill out your problem in the msg area.

turbovanmanČ
09-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Called and he said its my sensor, I asked why it was ok with my LM1, he said the XD setup is more sensitive, :(

GLHNSLHT2
09-10-2009, 12:21 AM
well that's a good thing though.

turbovanmanČ
09-10-2009, 03:19 AM
Changed the sensor, fixed. I guess I'll keep that sensor with my LM1.