PDA

View Full Version : General: Need 1984-86 Daytona Turbo Z bottom ground fx/air fence. PIC OF IT INSIDE

midniteracer1
09-04-2009, 05:28 PM
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab8/mdniteracr1/Daytona86.jpg
I believe they are called Air fences. On my 86 Daytona Turbo Z , underneath the car, a long black plastic piece runs behind the front wheel and ends in front of the rear wheel. ( SEE PIC) I also need the one that goes in front of the car. This one starts under the car ,in front of the drivers side tire and goes across to the pass. side front tire. (SEE PIC) For the front air fence , is it one piece or multiple pieces??
These air fences were only on 84-86 Daytona cars .
I need for them to be straight and unbroken. Im doing a full restoration on my 86 Turbo Z
PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THEM OR EMAIL ME AT DYNAMIC15@VERIZON.NET

4 l-bodies
09-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Up until about 2 years ago I had a NOS set. Tried selling them for years with no takers. Sold them finally for about cost (net) of what I bought them for like 20+ years ago. They have been NS1 for a very long time. Good luck on the restoration cause your gonna need it!
Todd

midniteracer1
09-07-2009, 02:25 PM
If you know anybody who would have some nice ones, please let me know .. Thanks

DC Turismo
09-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Chances of you finding ones that are not wavy is VERY slim. You can get those straightened back out I'm sure though, perhaps with heat lamps? I had a complete set that I sold at Carlisle a number of years ago. Have never seen another set since. Best of luck to you, as these things look AWESOME on the first gen. Daytonas.

Abkshelby
09-07-2009, 06:42 PM
I have a brand new set of the side fences still in the mopar plastic with a part number of 4270536 still showing on the one package. I had bought them sometime in 1987 to put on I think my '86 Laser XE and it never happened. Pics will be coming on here shortly. These have never been put on a car. Have not decided if they will go on my current '86 turbo Z.

midniteracer1
09-07-2009, 08:42 PM
I have a brand new set of the side fences still in the mopar plastic with a part number of 4270536 still showing on the one package. I had bought them sometime in 1987 to put on I think my '86 Laser XE and it never happened. Pics will be coming on here shortly. These have never been put on a car. Have not decided if they will go on my current '86 turbo Z.

I sent you a message . Let me know if you received it . I was having trouble sending it because my computer was freezing up. Thanks again

midniteracer1
11-19-2009, 03:27 PM
STILL NEED THE FRONT AIR FENCE. If you look at the above pic. you will see that this is a black plastic piece that is underneath the car & starts in front of the front wheels.