PDA

View Full Version : '87 power module

87glhs
09-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Does anyone have schematics for the power module? Anyone rebuilding or doing service on these? Be nice to make a board with newer, beefier parts on it.

TurboDan
09-12-2009, 08:58 PM
I have one that I've been slowly taking apart to see how it works and to look for potential upgrades. Unfortunately, chrysler has custom part numbers on all the parts so the only way to find comparable parts is to run tests to see how they respond. I am looking at making new ones, so we do not have to worry about reman ones anymore. :thumb:

-Dan-

87glhs
09-16-2009, 05:35 AM
Cool--that's where I wanted to go with this. I used to do field service on consumer electronics and would have no issue with doing a repair on the board, or even beefiing one up a bit, but Mopar/most OEM manufacturers are very secretive about releasing schematics.

Transistors could be checked out on a curve tracing device, and matched up with something (I'd probably use Japanese or Moto replacements for quality), but any of the custom/hybrid stuff would just be a guess.

I recall working for a guy back in the early 90's (pre-Internet) that used to be able to buy parts to fix Mopar car radios, but have not been able to find a source for those items now either.

If you make any headway in this let me know.

TurboDan
09-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Cool--that's where I wanted to go with this. I used to do field service on consumer electronics and would have no issue with doing a repair on the board, or even beefiing one up a bit, but Mopar/most OEM manufacturers are very secretive about releasing schematics.

Transistors could be checked out on a curve tracing device, and matched up with something (I'd probably use Japanese or Moto replacements for quality), but any of the custom/hybrid stuff would just be a guess.

I recall working for a guy back in the early 90's (pre-Internet) that used to be able to buy parts to fix Mopar car radios, but have not been able to find a source for those items now either.

If you make any headway in this let me know.
I will!

-Dan-

TurboZJockey
10-17-2009, 12:12 AM
I will!

-Dan-

Dan... Many of us here will be anxiously waiting for your results and updates...