PDA

View Full Version : 84 Rampage sunroof seal

W.P._Turbocars
09-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Cmon guys give me some positive info on a replacement seal... pleaaaase. lol
Only thing on the glass I saw was an HBI stamp on the glass and a bunch of numbers. Hopefully the HBI will get me in the right direction. I'll put a pic up tonight or in the morning with all the numbers.

minigts
09-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Man you will find ONE of the Holy Grails of our cars. This IS a common weatherstrip still used on new cars, but for some reason on one sells it in volume rolls, which would make all kinds of sense.

Please post if you find anything or someone who sells it in rolls.

W.P._Turbocars
09-04-2009, 01:33 AM
Is the S/C sunroof made by HBI also? I know how they use the twist knob to let the glass up and down. My new Rampage's one though just has 2 little pivot brackets that you just pop up to open and lock it. Were the Rampage sunroofs made the same as the S/C's or do I have a factory sunroof truck?

Thanks. Alos time to hit up the jy's to find a newer car tu try to match up the sunroof rubber to i guess.

minigts
09-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Not sure who made it, but your information is accurate. I THINK the S/C sunroofs were all made the size mine is (humongous!), I wouldn't be surprised if that is not true. Maybe the ones for the Lasers/Daytonas is the same? I'm sure you could use the glass and swap out the mounting hardware, possibly?

Turbodave
09-04-2009, 10:36 AM
I have never seen any evidence that a sunroof was ever available from the factory in a Rampage, so most likely what you have is aftermarket. Might be able to find a universal fit weatherstrip that will work for it.

This site looks helpful, I just found the latch I need for the aftermarket roof in my neon there.
http://www.sunroofdoctor.com/

minigts
09-04-2009, 10:47 AM
I have never seen any evidence that a sunroof was ever available from the factory in a Rampage, so most likely what you have is aftermarket. Might be able to find a universal fit weatherstrip that will work for it.

This site looks helpful, I just found the latch I need for the aftermarket roof in my neon there.

Will someone who has a camera take a picture of the weatherstrip seal and send a copy to this site, like yesterday?! I'm very certain they can get the right weatherstrip. I say this because they carry a wide variety of weatherstrips for cars, including a few for the Dodge lineup and it would make sense that they either carry our type in bulk or can get it somehow. I would bet if they saw what it was or had a sample they could match it. If no one does by this weekend, I'll do it. This looks promising. Thanks Dave!

shelbydave
09-04-2009, 10:55 AM

Those guys are top notch. I got a replacement sunroof a couple months back. It installed easily, and the kit had everything I needed to complete the job.

EDIT: I didn't think they started offering factory sunroofs until '85?

minigts
09-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Those guys are top notch. I got a replacement sunroof a couple months back. It installed easily, and the kit had everything I needed to complete the job.

Dood?! For which car? If you say for your Charger, I'm coming to your place and putting Hello Kitty stickers all over your car.

shelbydave
09-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Dood?! For which car? If you say for your Charger, I'm coming to your place and putting Hello Kitty stickers all over your car.

It was for the Charger, but it wasn't factory. The dealer had the sunroof installed before I bought the car.

W.P._Turbocars
09-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Figures... the one that looks like mine is lettered "E" but the link for "E" is no worky :(

shelbydave
09-04-2009, 01:33 PM
You can call them and give them the info on the glass. That's how he pointed me to my replacement, and it was a direct fit.