PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust: 3" mandrel S/V

Shadow
08-31-2009, 09:10 AM
I have a 3" mandrel S/V that has been sitting on the shelf from the last batch I made. I perfected the design about 5 years ago so this piece will fit all applications with no interference with P/S ect. (you may have to clock your D/P depending on how you have it running through the tunnel) This piece is ALL cast and uses a 3" dounut and will work with factory 2 1/2" exhaust as well. I make these from 2 1/2" S/V's for 250.00 + you provide the 2 1/2" S/V.....350.00 if you don't have a S/V. I've never made these available to the general public (only cars built through the shop) but since this one has been sitting..... This piece will not only improve spool time and give you the most HP under the curve with the lowest EGT's, it will also allow you to put more WHP through a .63 or whatever other A/R turbine housing/wheel combo you are using. This is the piece I dyno'd 450WHP through a ported stock exhaust mani with. I'll post up some pics tonight.

Simsy
08-31-2009, 09:08 PM
will this work for a 5 bolt ford style??? if so let me know id like to get this for my spirit r/t!!! and plz get me some pics. thanks..price?

turbovanman²
08-31-2009, 09:10 PM
will this work for a 5 bolt ford style??? if so let me know id like to get this for my spirit r/t!!! and plz get me some pics. thanks..price?

No, it won't, its for the 8 valve Garret's.

You have many other options, all of which flow, ;)

Shadow
08-31-2009, 10:01 PM
These S/V's are heat treated while their being welded and then slow cooled. When their finished being welded they are shot peen'd for further stress relief. In 7 years I've never had one crack! (knock on wood) I have been coating them with a weld-through primer that seems to hold up really well. I always ment to try some ceramic...never got around to it. Pics

Shadow
08-31-2009, 10:11 PM
The flanges are also resurfaced straight for a nice snug fit. The design itself relocates the exhaust 1 3/8" further to the passanger side of the car. The exhaust flange is 2" longer which I did on purpose as I find it easier to undo the exhaust this way. Interestingly enough, with TU's new style header (I don't know how far to the driver it relocates the turbo) this S/V would actually move your exhaust back towards the center of the tunnel. :D
Couple more pics

Shadow
08-31-2009, 10:44 PM
Almost forgot, after welding, the insides are fully ported to remove any possible obstructions, o2 bung is flush welded and voilà.....more pics :eyebrows:

turbovanman²
09-01-2009, 02:27 AM
Nice work, :thumb:

Simsy
09-01-2009, 09:12 AM
No, it won't, its for the 8 valve Garret's.

You have many other options, all of which flow, ;)

what are my other options?

Shadow
09-01-2009, 09:34 AM

I believe someone builds a very nice 3 inch V-band plate out of stainless, donèt have a link, though.

Shadow
09-01-2009, 09:46 AM
A shot of the SV mounted on a certain 480WHP 8v. :nod:

Reaper1
09-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Very nice! What do you do for a doughnut on the DP though?

turbovanman²
09-01-2009, 01:13 PM

I'll PM you so at not to clutter this thread.

Shadow
09-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Very nice! What do you do for a doughnut on the DP though?

It comes with a 3" doughnut, guess I should have stated that as well.

Shadow
09-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Nice work, :thumb:

Thanks. Thought I'd post a couple pics of the doughnut. I use the same 3" doughnut that (I believe) everything else uses. But the doughnuts aren't made that great (have a large edge at the top center) Anyone who has bought a 3" downpipe and tried to bolt it to a factory 2 1/2" S/V knows what I'm talking about, it will work, but alot sticks out. I take the 3" doughnut and tapper the mating surface so it fits the housing much better. Like so.....

Shadow
09-02-2009, 10:02 AM
All PM's answer'd. Don't be shy ppl, you can ask your Q's right here, that way everyone gets to hear the answers. ;)

puppet
09-03-2009, 12:39 AM
So ... what's the price for this one? Looking for any trades ... or just green stuff?

Shadow
09-03-2009, 01:14 AM
So ... what's the price for this one? Looking for any trades ... or just green stuff?

I figured I'd throw it up for the same deal as I build them for and see what interest there is. 250.00 + a 2 1/2" S/V is kind of like a partial trade, but not really. What's really happening there is you'd be sending me your 2 1/2" S/V to get modified for 250.00, except I'm already 1 step ahead because I have the modified one already built and waiting to ship. Now how often does that happen! :D I deff would have taken a set of MP titainium retainers in partial trade about a month ago, you could have even enticed me with some 95lb inj's as little as a week ago, so you never know, depends what chew gats. :)

Shadow
09-07-2009, 10:58 PM
S/V is SOLD, pending payment. Thanks for all the interest guys! :)

Shadow
09-26-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm thinking of making more of these available to the general public. Seems to be more interest than I originally thought there would be. If there were enough interest, I would concider doing a run of 5 or so and get an exchange program going. That way there would be no waiting, just send me your 2 1/2" S/V + 250.00 and I would be able to ship out your new 3" Mandrel S/V as soon as I recieved it. LMK what you guys think.