PDA

View Full Version : F/S '89 Voyager LE turbo 5spd in Memphis

Dietro
12-27-2005, 12:32 PM
I've been trying intermittently to get this thing out of my garage for over a year now. I've had numerous tire-kickers, now it is time for action.

Here's the lowdown (taken from my old thread (http://www.turbododge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79015) on the other site):

1989 Plymouth Voyager LE turbo factory 5spd. I've been SLOWLY working on this thing and just can't seem to get motivated enough to finish it. It is dark gray w/some paint peeling on the hood and roof. There is some surface rust on the roof, and in a dent on the sliding door. (Pics of both, can be seen in the link below.) Light gray 7 passenger interior with a good headliner, seats are all in good shape. The engine was ball honed, a new set of rings and bearings installed. The engine is completely reassembled. The head, manifolds and turbo (stock Mitsu) are all bolted down. It is on the engine stand just waiting. Aside from the removed balance shafts and crank scraper, the engine is otherwise stock. The transmission is an A-555.

The following list of parts are brand new and are included:

Clutch – from Relentless Performance, this is the middle-level clutch that Gary sold.
Flywheel resurface
Axles – HD units rebuilt by Alabama Man.
Water Pump
Starter
Alternator
Radiator – a 2” thick core unit for a '90 3.3L V6 minivan.
Front motor mount
Passenger motor mount
Transmission motor mount
Brake Pads
Brake Rotors
Calipers
Rear Drums
Wires
Cap & Rotor
Crank Scraper
Ball joints
Tie rods
Control Arm bushings
Sway bar bushings
Springs
Struts
Shocks

The total for those parts alone is $1,096.00, and I have all the receipts to prove it.

A set of 15" pumpers w/tires are included.

All that is needed is for someone to install the motor, transmission and all those parts.

Pictures can be seen HERE (http://photos.yahoo.com/dietro).

I will take now $800.00 for the van. It is in Memphis, Tennessee.

If nothing transpires in the next couple weeks or so, I'll begin taking offers on individual parts.

riceboyler
12-27-2005, 03:02 PM
Todd, you suck. :D Why couldn't I have $800 and a trailer right now???:mad:

Dietro
12-27-2005, 03:43 PM
I can work out delivery, but I sense from your post that's not the real issue. ;)

The S is Silent
12-27-2005, 09:34 PM
I'd say a good solid weekend of working on that sucker with some friends and you'd have a running minivan!

Get to work ;)

GLHS592
12-27-2005, 10:18 PM
Todd, you pay for my gas and I'll come down and work on it. :)

Dietro
12-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the offer Kevin. I have had several offers of help, I just don't have the time myself....guess I'll have to find some somewhere. :D

Although.....parting it out at this point is alot less work than putting it back together. :p

GLHS592
12-27-2005, 10:29 PM
I'd like to have it, but you know my position right now. :(

glhs441
12-27-2005, 11:02 PM
Kevin,Nice pics.
Todd,bring it all to my house and in 1 day we will have it running.

TheBigYuckFoo
12-29-2005, 03:53 AM
Ok Kevin and Jason if I buy it and get it here to Smyrna how long will it get for the three of us to get it running and driving? We need another Turbo Dodge around here and I have always wanted one of these vans.

riceboyler
12-29-2005, 09:00 AM
Ok Kevin and Jason if I buy it and get it here to Smyrna how long will it get for the three of us to get it running and driving? We need another Turbo Dodge around here and I have always wanted one of these vans.
OK, who is this?

I think I see who this is, Jason. Just what we need, another Jason from Tennesspeed with a Turbo Dodge. :amen: It wouldn't take very long at all to get it running with the three of us banging away on it. I hope you get it so that I can buy it from you down the road. :eyebrows:

If you buy it and get it up to Smyrna, I have a pretty good feeling that Kevin and I would be available to help.

At least, I know I would! :D

TheBigYuckFoo
12-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Tis me, Jason F from Tennesspeed. Saw your post about this forum over there and since I have a soft spot for Turbo Dodges I wandered over. The Miata is being shipped off to Clarksville for a week or in in a few days for some prototype derlin bushing mock up but my winter projects on it are getting shorter and shorter. I need something to work on.

I will probably get killed, or very well talked too, by Angela if I inquire about buying this but it is worth a shot. She just loves it when the 4th and 5th cars start showing up in the driveway.

riceboyler
12-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Tis me, Jason F from Tennesspeed. Saw your post about this forum over there and since I have a soft spot for Turbo Dodges I wandered over. The Miata is being shipped off to Clarksville for a week or in in a few days for some prototype derlin bushing mock up but my winter projects on it are getting shorter and shorter. I need something to work on.

I will probably get killed, or very well talked too, by Angela if I inquire about buying this but it is worth a shot. She just loves it when the 4th and 5th cars start showing up in the driveway.

Yeah, I thought so. If she doesn't it want it living in YOUR driveway, we could have it live in my Garage in White House... :D

[Emperor Palpatine]Come to the Dark Side![/Emperor Palpatine]

GLHS592
12-29-2005, 12:13 PM
I could help.

Dietro
12-31-2005, 11:58 PM

If you want it, PM me and we can discuss further. If not, the "parts for sale thread" will go up in a week or so.

justafor
01-08-2006, 02:45 AM
still for sale? email me at justa4444@yahoo.com need a good kid hauler