PDA

View Full Version : Pvc System

WVRampage
05-09-2006, 12:29 AM
I read the faq section on here and I like the vent the welds to the down pipe alot more than geting oil in my turbo and IC how well does it work.

WVRampage
05-09-2006, 11:56 PM
After a little more consideration and some trips to the junk yard to find a tbi cover and being told it doesnt exist,its a dealer item and the last well they exist and I just junked them all since they were aluminum so I could get some money from them,so im gona just drill my turbo cover since it is pilished and run a catch can to the intake tube before the turbo.Im gona take the valve cover off to reseal the baffle and drill the hole for the fitting with the filter on it and the question now is do I have to make a baffle to put over the hole I drill or what im a little confused on were the hole goes and the catch can ill fab up out of some pipe I have laying around.

Whorse
05-10-2006, 12:01 AM
The new hole is to allow air in to the crankcase, because you're drawing it out through the PCV when you run it to your CAI or Downpipe.

Force Fed Mopar
05-10-2006, 01:30 AM
I have the TBI valve cover mod on my GLHS., Bsically, your PCV valve goes to one hole, while the other hole goes to the intake hose. What it does is give some sort of crankcase ventilation at all times, even under boost when your PCV isn't working. I'll try and get a pic of my set up for you.

WVRampage
05-11-2006, 12:23 AM
Thanks I may have found a TBI cover today,I just didnt want to drill the hole and then the cam sling oil out it. Im hoping the guys has the cover so I dont have to mod the turbo cover.

puppet
05-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Why drill a hole ... just buy a vented oil fill cap.

WVRampage
05-12-2006, 12:32 AM
that could work also but I wonder if it would fit under the hood on a L Body.

Force Fed Mopar
05-12-2006, 01:08 AM
Make sure you get the metal shield undernath the TBI cover too. That's your baffle to keep it from slinging oil out the PCV hose or oil cap.

puppet
05-12-2006, 09:18 PM
that could work also but I wonder if it would fit under the hood on a L Body.Only one way to find out. Find a parts store that will let you try it in the lot. They fit on a '89 G body. This way you get to keep your own VC.

WVRampage
05-13-2006, 12:57 AM
I had the vented cap laying around my garage that I had purchased for my F-250 and it didnt fit the ford but it fit right in the rampage,I hooked a hose up to the intake tube and then to my home made catch can and then strait to the valve cover with no valve in the hose,I also resealed the baffle on the turbo cover.I had a freind put there hand over the oil fill hole and I started it and the felt suction. Thanks guys for all the input you all have been a great help I will try to post a picture or 2 in the near future.