PDA

View Full Version : 1st gen neon r/t production numbers?

MNmopar
08-26-2009, 11:06 PM
I read somewhere on the internet that they never differentiated between regular neons and r/t's as far as production numbers go... that seems unusual to me.

Does anyone know of solid production numbers for the '98 and '99 neon r/t's?

MNmopar
08-26-2009, 11:08 PM
whoops, double post. It didn't seem like the other one went through...:o

Sgt Craig
08-26-2009, 11:15 PM
Check out www.neons.org.I believe they have some numbers there.I think mainly for ACR's and NYG.I do know that white and sedans are the rarest.

85boostbox
08-26-2009, 11:30 PM
well there is a lady that is about to trade in one. She might sell it though if offered the right price. It is a R/T sedan. Also has the sunroof. When i saw it i didnt know they even made them.

Sgt Craig
08-27-2009, 06:30 PM
well there is a lady that is about to trade in one. She might sell it though if offered the right price. It is a R/T sedan. Also has the sunroof. When i saw it i didnt know they even made them.

Id pick it up for the right price.They are great DD and cant be plenty quick with minimal mods.Handle great too.

MNmopar
08-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Does anyone know the production numbers of the '98/99 rt's?

I don't see it on neons.org... am I missing it?

MNmopar
08-27-2009, 06:33 PM
I looked through all the 1st gen "FAQ's" hoping it was there, but I didn't see it.

Sgt Craig
08-27-2009, 06:43 PM
I looked through all the 1st gen "FAQ's" hoping it was there, but I didn't see it.

Ill have to do some research I know somone had ACR production numbers.

contraption22
08-27-2009, 06:46 PM
There is a guy in my area that for a while was collecting newer cars.

I know he had purchased new one of each year C4 ZR1 Corvette, and a new Viper each year for so many years, and it's also rumored he has a Shelby Viper. These cars, among others are stored in their as-new pre-dealer-prep condition. Supposedly one of the cars in his collection is a white 1998 Neon R/T Sedan.

Sgt Craig
08-27-2009, 07:02 PM
There is a guy in my area that for a while was collecting newer cars.

I know he had purchased new one of each year C4 ZR1 Corvette, and a new Viper each year for so many years, and it's also rumored he has a Shelby Viper. These cars, among others are stored in their as-new pre-dealer-prep condition. Supposedly one of the cars in his collection is a white 1998 Neon R/T Sedan.

All this Neon talk makes me want another one.

contraption22
08-27-2009, 07:31 PM
All this Neon talk makes me want another one.

Yeah me too. I miss my R/T.

MNmopar
08-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Does anyone know how many were made?;)

85boostbox
08-28-2009, 12:18 AM
no but if you would like i can ask how mcuh she would want for it.

MNmopar
08-28-2009, 12:49 AM
I appreciate the offer, but I have a line on one already.

You should pick it up!

They don't seem to be super rare like an iroc or spirit r/t, but I can't find production numbers on them. I'm just curious, because I never was a neon person, but they're growing on me.:nod:

Especially the r/t's and acr's.

When I get a "new" car, I try to learn as much as I possibly can about them, so that's why the number thing is bugging me.:D

neongary
08-28-2009, 01:07 AM
Yeah me too. I miss my R/T.

Me too! Problem is, never be able to find another one that isn't beat or worn out.

neongary
08-28-2009, 01:13 AM
Does anyone know how many were made?;)
Personally I've never seen any numbers, although the R/T sedans were supposedly more rare than the coupe. I haven't seen too many white ones either.
The ACR is the one to get for rarity and if you can find a NYG (Nitro Yellow Green) one that's the bonus.

Sgt Craig
08-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Me too! Problem is, never be able to find another one that isn't beat or worn out.

For a sec I thought that was my old one.Same Everything down to the DOD sticker,lol.

Sgt Craig
08-28-2009, 10:16 PM
All I could find on org was there are no production numbers because they are considered Highlines.

Sgt Craig
08-28-2009, 10:39 PM
A few ive owned.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb289/Cmartjr31/acrdriversside.jpgMy 97 ACR minus the sperm stickers as seen in Mopar Now.Went 13.69@98 with a DCR built 2.0 N/A motor Then 14.3's with a Junk stock motor.Then when I got it back it was regulated to DD duty.Its now running around in circles on Dirt.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb289/Cmartjr31/96rightfront.jpg
My 96 DOHC 5spd sedan I paid $200 for, getting its Engine.It was a DD that had some work.Never raced it.TurboRon from Chitown wishes he would have bought it.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c124/paacr/DVC00020-1.jpg

My second 98 R/T I bought in 03,one of the first 3 Neons Hahn Turboed.Had 36k on it when I purchased it with the Turbo goodies.Raced it in Nopi Powerstreet in 04,Finished 2nd in points.Went a best of 12.25@122 on radials,full interior,exhaust,shifting gears.Shattered oil pump at Maple Grove.Had to finish the season in a Eclipse and SRT.I should have kept it.It was a really clean car.

My first R/T I dont have a picture of but it can be seen in the Howell ad in the first issue of Mopar Now.Its also used for the opening pic in a article.Was my bracket bomber.It was as consistent as a Rolex.I bought it new in April of 98.Within 3 years it had 130k on it and plenty of Final round apearances.

MNmopar
08-28-2009, 10:54 PM
All I could find on org was there are no production numbers because they are considered Highlines.

Hmmm. Well thanks for looking into it, someone somewhere must know how many were made in that trim... but who?

Very nice cars too, I especially like the black r/t. Very sharp!

Sgt Craig
08-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Hmmm. Well thanks for looking into it, someone somewhere must know how many were made in that trim... but who?

Very nice cars too, I especially like the black r/t. Very sharp!

I asked Jeff Ball.He runs the NYG registry.Has a NYG ACR Plymouth Sedan 1 of 12 or so.He said he had the R/T numbers at one time but doesnt know what happened to them.

neongary
08-29-2009, 01:01 PM
For a sec I thought that was my old one.Same Everything down to the DOD sticker,lol.

Betcha didn't have the "real" export tail lights and front turn signal lenses! :D
Had MP high rate springs so it sat about 1" lower.

neongary
08-29-2009, 01:08 PM

It's weird how they do that. I still have the window sticker from my '98 and it's a Highline with "Customer Preferred Package" 23H which is the R/T package ($2,870). It might be as difficult to find R/T numbers as it would be to find out how many Neons have other specific options, such as speed control.

Sgt Craig
08-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Betcha didn't have the "real" export tail lights and front turn signal lenses! :D
Had MP high rate springs so it sat about 1" lower.

No I didnt but I bet mine was faster:)

neongary
08-30-2009, 12:16 PM
No I didnt but I bet mine was faster:)

I have no doubt about that! My "go-fast" mods were modest at best.
But...with a lot suspension work (Hi rate springs, Konis, poly bushings, larger sway bar, etc.) it sure handled like a go cart.