PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: FS on CL: 1986 Omni GLH-T in MN not mine

justguff
08-24-2009, 11:22 PM
So if i hadn't committed to picking up the lebaron on wednesday, i'd probably have popped for this, and even now i kind of want to have both haha, but i'll toss this out there since you don't see many in minnesota for sale.

once again, this isn't mine, but i've interacted via email with the guy and he seems cool?
anyway

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/1337731880.html

and the pics i've gotten from him

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/heyimbrendan/Cars/PICT0026.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c212/heyimbrendan/Cars/PICT0021.jpg

"Top Fuel" Bender
08-25-2009, 08:50 AM
wows that's the 2nd gold glh under $1000 this month

trbowgn
08-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Love the Hubcap look. Realy makes it look like a sleeper

WLKivett
08-25-2009, 01:02 PM
I had a Satellite with similar hub caps... I didn't like them then and not so much now.... but the Gold paint is the bomb digity.

TheCanadian007
08-26-2009, 01:11 PM
I want that thing sooooo bad! Finally a GLH that is not hell's half acre away from me! Anyone got his personal email for the guy, or just the reply email in the Craigslist ad?

Thanks, TheCanadian

3B3XA66A
08-26-2009, 04:36 PM
I want that thing sooooo bad! Finally a GLH that is not hell's half acre away from me! Anyone got his personal email for the guy, or just the reply email in the Craigslist ad?

Thanks, TheCanadian

There is a number for the guy in his craigslist ad. It is his home phone number and he does not have a cell phone. He told me he is headed out of town for a few days.

Rust starting in the door seams but the rest of the car is solid. It is missing front ground effects, fog lights.
The front end is crunched, said they bought it that way back in 1994. Drivers side frame is bent up, and both fenders have been bent to fit so there is no tire rub. Spent its life in Denver and he drove it to MN last year.

looked at it quickly last night.
needs some TLC. said he would let it go for $600:thumb:

TheCanadian007
08-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Would it survive a drive from MN up across the border to Winnipeg, MB, Canada?

Does it need anything to go, or is it in good running condition?

Thanks

BOOSTIFIED
08-26-2009, 08:32 PM

Thanks

I say hold off.. you can do better... just my opinion though.

3B3XA66A
08-26-2009, 10:39 PM

Thanks

I am pretty sure it is his daily driver. he just got a newer car and is selling this.
He drove it to Minneapolis from Denver last year and says that he wouldnt hesitate to take it anywhere. If it were me, I would trailer it.

some other little things that I remembered didn't work, fuel gauge, tachometer, has a couple decent tires, and one or two junk tires.
would make a nice starter project for someone who wants a solid car.

TheCanadian007
08-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Hmmm... it does sound tempting, but a local deal opened up for an 88 T1 auto motor and tranny out of a Lebaron for 300. Think I'll jump on that and use that for my turbo conversion.

4 l-bodies
08-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Hmmm... it does sound tempting, but a local deal opened up for an 88 T1 auto motor and tranny out of a Lebaron for 300. Think I'll jump on that and use that for my turbo conversion.
Go for the local Lebaron as the GLHT was sold today to a friend of mine. Sold to another 4 dr omni guy with 4 Omni's now. Hmmm, that sounds sort of familiar...

1986GLH
08-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Bummer almost thought of selling my Horizon and buying that for my summer daily driver. Oh well the parents frown on getting anymore cars and storing them in their yard.

Thecanadian, there is another GLHT for sale in the Minneapolis GL. It is a Santa Fe blue one that looks like it is in better condition, but needs paint. They also want alot more for it though.

TheCanadian007
08-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Meh, ah well. I'll just move ahead with my turbo swap. Hopefully by Spring I'll have it all done. (Going to be a Winter project for me)

Regards, TheCanadian