PDA

View Full Version : Removing PS Pump

Garret
05-08-2006, 05:44 PM
While I wait for my Downpipe to come back, how can I temporarily remove my PS pump? How do I go about Looping the lines?

supercrackerbox
05-12-2006, 10:16 AM
What would be the reason for removing it? Reason I ask is that it seems to me you'll just be creating a lot more work, a lot more mess, and it's a PITA to get those hoses to seal right again without leaking.

Garret
05-12-2006, 12:08 PM
removing it so I can make the stock holset downpipe work, as my turbo manifold puts my turbo slightly to far to the passenger side for my downpipe to work as planned, so i wanted to remove it temporarily while I get my downpipe remade and run the stock holset elbow

turbovanmanČ
05-12-2006, 12:13 PM
I guess remove the pump, then find some heater hose, clamps and slide it over metal end, clamp it down, probably 3/4 will be needed, then slide in the return rubber hose and clamp her down, that should be sufficient to stop most of the leaking and fluid spray.

supercrackerbox
05-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Ahh, see I didn't know you were running a holset. Well, it that case . . .

I would say, if you are planning on driving the car in the meantime (which it sounds like you are), I would get a small tubing cutter, cut the pressure hose right before it turns to rubber, and then loop the return hose over it and clamp it down. Then just buy a new pressure hose when you put it back on ($17 last time I bought one). Also don't forget to plug the holes on the pump to keep junk out of there.

That's just my thought.