PDA

View Full Version : Best shocks to keep factory ride quality

amcpacer
08-22-2009, 08:51 PM
I want to keep the smooth factory ride on my 85 laser but the factory rear shocks have started to leak. I noticed the parts stores like Autozone do not have a different part number for the different variations in spring rates on lasers and daytonas.

What is the best replacement shock that will retain the factory ride quality? Does the dealership still market application specific shocks?

4 l-bodies
08-24-2009, 01:04 AM
I personally like the KYB Gas-a-Just shocks. Much firmer than the KYB GR2 standard shock. They are not adjustable though. Not nearly as firm as Koni's. Lifetime warranty too.

135sohc
08-24-2009, 01:12 AM
Does the dealership still market application specific shocks?

I have not looked for anything that old but I would not count on it. Where there used to be multiple shock options within just one model, its all been superceeded to one size fits all for pretty much everything. Might try ebay, theres always people there unloading NOS shocks for about the same price as parts store stuff.

turbovanmanČ
08-24-2009, 02:25 AM
Sensa-tracs could be softer, they vary per application. Other options, IE KYB, Gabriel etc are all firmer so if I had to choose, I'd try the Sensa-tracs. As stated, surf Ebay for NOS stuff.

shelbyplaya
08-25-2009, 07:39 PM
sence-a-tracks arnt bad. i used them with my lowering springs and it was a real nie ride. with stock springs they would be a real smooth ride.

amcpacer
08-26-2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the info. I will be looking on ebay regularly for some NOS shocks. If I cant find any then I remember hearing somewhere autozone selling air shocks that would be rather nice for when I have the back seat full with friends and the back rides a bit low.