PDA

View Full Version : Suspension: front brake upgrades

Murphy
08-21-2009, 01:53 PM
I have a 95 spirit, and the squeelers jsut started going off, so i figure i might as well make some upgrades. So, I will need brackets and calipers (good or cores) for the 11" setup. is there anything else I will need for the upgrade aside from the 24mm MC? I will be buying that piece new.

GLHNSLHT2
08-21-2009, 05:06 PM
The prop vavle and you'll want to do the rears too at some point.

Murphy
08-21-2009, 11:54 PM
I thought I only needed to change the prop valve if i was doing the rears? I figured I would just stay with this prop valve since i'm keeping the drums for now and i doubt an 11"/drum valve exists.

turbovanmanČ
08-23-2009, 03:29 AM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30821&highlight=brackets

inmyshadow
08-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Check the color tag on your current proportioning valve. In my 91 FSM, the color tag/spec is the same between 11in discs and 10in/drum.

I found that info in my FSM after I spent a few hours replacing my proportioning valve after I did my full 11in brake upgrade. In short, I didn't need to waste my time.

My current proportioning valve is off my previous shadow with f/r 10in brakes. That has a green tag on it. I don't have the specs for the green.

For you 95. If you stick with 10in rotors. You just need 60mm calipers from a Newyorker and 24mm master cylinder. Thats what tried on my 91 shadow first. The adapters are the same between the 54mm and 60mm calipers. As were the pads and rotors. This just gives you some extra squeeze on the rotor.

The prop vavle and you'll want to do the rears too at some point.